Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does one get rid of little (not too deep or big) pock marks without chemical peels and such...i hope its possible...any natural methods for doing this? scrubs? creams that cause your face to rejuvenate cells much quicker??

-thanks!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
you can find a lot of exfoliating cleansers on the web. I have also heard that the st. Ives apricot scrub works well. This can be bought at any store.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I used to use St. Ives Apricot Scrub- I love the smell, but I found that the beads were too harsh on my skin. It was like rubbing sand on my face. However, it did a good job at exfoliating my skin. I also used Proactiv for a long time until it stopped working for me, like my acne became immune to it or something because it was no longer effective. I have bad acne on my back and somewhat on my face and I wanted to find something that would heal my face. For the last couple of months now, i have been using Be Fine Food Skin Care exfoliating cleanser and their firming toner. my face has cleared up a lot and my back is improving, still get acne, but is disappearing on my shoulders. the exfoliating cleanser has brown sugar so it is not so irritating because the sugar melts when i scrub and lathers well. It makes my skin feel and look clean. the toner says on the box that the ginger prevents free radical damage, increase circulation and 'kick starts new cell growth'. I have been putting the toner on my face, chest and back. anyway, i found it at cvs and haven't heard much about it. I find that it works for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would definetly stay away from any type of Apricot scrub or anything with nuts and such. They have uneven texture and can actually harm your skin by causing tiny scratches. Try exfoliation products that have rounded beads etc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
how does one get rid of little (not too deep or big) pock marks without chemical peels and such...i hope its possible...any natural methods for doing this? scrubs? creams that cause your face to rejuvenate cells much quicker??

-thanks!!
Try Kojic Acid (soap and cream form). It helps to rejuvenate your skin while the Glycolic Acid (soap and cream type) is good for skin exfoliation and rejuvenation. If im not mistaken, it's already available in US and Europe.

·
Registered
1 Posts

-thanks!!
i am a black male with pock marks on both sides of mt cheeks and i am 44yrs old and live in the san fransico area

·
Registered
1 Posts
It has been 5 days and the area between my eyes was treated as a touch up 2 tinmes...I still dont see a difference...how long does it take to see results?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have you heard of a product called MaMa lotion? It is a mixture of different peels that works really well to smooth the skin.
Mama Lotion is good but I think the manufacturer is phasing it out and pushing their M2 product. The mama lotion has the 10% Mandelic and 10% Malic acid's so it essentially has a 20% AHA. Its good stuff, one of my friends used it to clear up his surface scars. For pock marks though...i'm not so sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used to use St. Ives Apricot Scrub- I love the smell, but I found that the beads were too harsh on my skin. It was like rubbing sand on my face. However, it did a good job at exfoliating my skin.
I also used to use the ST. IVES, but found that despite its amazing smell, it ended up being to rough on my skin. The reason it exfoliates so well is that it uses the large abrasive beads, the problem however is that as those beads exfoliate they essentially cause all these microtears in the skin, resulting in a damaged, unhealthy appearance. Basically, I'd say stay away from it.

That being said, I don't believe you can naturally get rid of pock marks, I'm pretty sure they're a permanent thing love unless you consult with a derm! Even he might not have any answers. I know some common "quick fix" solutions are chemical peels and pock-fillers, but I don't know if that's really your bag.

Sorry mate!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was thinking these more mild things, scrubs and microderm etc don't really work for pock marks, I've heard "needling" works...google it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe you can try to steam your face with warm water, and then apply a slice of tomato with some milk. That's better than you try cream with chemical's content

·
Registered
316 Posts
No topical products are proven to totally get rid of "pock mark" or "ice-pick" scarring from acne. If you go to your dermatologist, they can inject filllers into the area. The results of this will only last for about 6 months but it is worth it if it makes you self-conscious.

Exfoliation can help the appearance of them, over time, but will never completely get rid of them. Try a chemical exfoliant like salicylic acid, it will exfoliate the skin more evenly and won't harm it like abrasive scrubs can.

St. Ives Apricot scrub is terrible for the skin. Like many of you have said, it is far too abrasive for the skin. I've seen studies where they took magnified pictures of skin that have been using the scrub and it causes tiny tears in the skin. This can allow bacteria to enter and cause acne.

Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Toners can "reduce the appearance" of pock marks, but won't get rid of them. I'm agreeing with most folks and suggest an enzymatic exfoliant like Zia's Ultimate Exfoliant, and maybe alternate with Mychelle's Hyaluronic serums to "rebuild" the skin.

·
Registered
27 Posts
These "topical" suggestions are good for refreshing the skin and perhaps keeping it exfoliated well...but they will be hard pressed to remove pock marks, those are literal small sharp indentations of the flesh, something has to be done to "build up" the flesh underneath the skin again. Needling is supposed to do that...even my favorite skin care "staple" (type of microdermabrasion cream that s pretty incredible) can't do that...makes them a little smaller, but can't remove them...

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Thanks AmberLove! I've not seen many ppl here comment on skin needling. I use a dermaroller from Leaf&Rusher occasionally to get glycolic acid into my skin for some minor icepick scars on my temple. Slowly they are fading, but it requires many treatments and a lot of patience. Have you used needling?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am a black male with pock marks on both sides of mt cheeks and i am 44yrs old and live in the san fransico area
302 skincare has reduced my shallow acne marks 90% over several years. My skin looks amazing as well. Its natural and doesn't use harsh ingredients. It's professional only, so you need to see an esthetician in SF to get the products and a regimen. Go to the company website by typing in "302 skincare" and find an esthetician to work with from their zip code locator. There are lots of esthys in SF. There are gadgets you can use to speed things along, like ultrasound and dermarolling in conjunction with 302 but it is not necessary.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts