Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm a 21 year old male.

I was born with a white/fair skin but because I never cared for my skin and was always outdoors my skin has been effectted by the sun. My face, neck and arms are a lot darker than the rest of my body. They are heavilty tanned. It is just like this in the photo attached.

After doing some research I was told to buy a product that has Glycolic Acid so I bought the NeoStrata Face and Body lotion. I have been applying it once every night before going to bed. One week so far. I've also tried lemon and stuff to remove the tan.

My question is, will the neostrata remove the tan lines and restore my original skin tone? What other things I can do to remove the tan? I forgot to say that I also exfoliate my face twice a week with the Giorgio Armani Minerals Scrubbing mudd.

Both products are said to be effective and thats why they cost arm and a leg but I'm interested in hearing your experiences with this.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
i have no idea how to fix that.. but from reading the forums i gather the best way to even it out would be to moisturise and put a good sunscreen on all the time..
and if u can wear long sleeve shirts, oh and use of those exfoliating gloves and body wash on ur arms maybe?

eventualy it will fade, but this stuff takes time

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Neo Stata is a Canadian brand we canuks are familiar with. It is good stuff. I've used that lotion too. It will exfoliate away, over time, a lot of that hyperpigmented skin. As others have said, use a good sunscreen at all times. If, after using up your cream, you do not see satisfactory progress, you might try their HQ+ cream. I began using that but since I'm lightening a larger area, it became cost prohibitive. If this happens to you, you can buy a tube of HQ4% & a tube of tretinoin 0.05% OR 0.1% (if you tolerate it well), blend equal amts in a small opaque jar, & apply 2x/day on clean very dry skin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts