Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am new here and I need some help. I have been under the sun a lot and now I have dark skin. I want to have a MUCH lighter skin tone and whiter skin!! Are there any chemicals or cremes available that can help me achieve this?? I don't like being too dark, although i am very proud of my color, i just wanna be a little lighter that's all.

All recommendations and experiences welcomed and appreciated

·
Registered
144 Posts
first you say you want MUCH lighter skin... then later you say just a little lighter.. which one is it? And how you can say you are proud of your skin color if you want to be white???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi i'm new here, i bought meladerm cream about 3 wks ago after searching and searching on the internet for a cream that actually says it works. well after the first two weeks i began to see a difference, i'm onto my 3rd week now and i can see my freckles and malasma finally getting lighter, i don't think that any products will make your skin perfect (thats what we all want) but skin lighteners do help fade freckles, melasma and other dark marks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can try Diana Stalder products. They work for me and my friends. You can contact me for the name of their distributor in the US. She is located in California, and I have been buying from her for about a year now. She is very good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, i agree with Blackgoddess. If you really are proud of you skin, then being a little tanned shouldn't be a problem at all. I just feel that if you think being a little whiter would be better, then you shouldn't have professed your pride in your color. Ain't nothing wrong with dark at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
freckle21,

i saw the ad for meladerm too, but it doesn't seem like it's an efficient skin lightener.....how were the results?.......i don't know if i should buy it........any advice???.........I'm from a scotish background, and a while ago i used a stupid cream that's left my face way darker, i don't know how to undo this....cuz it seems so weird (a pale body and a darker face)......i was looking into meladerm for that, but i'm not too assured and i'd like the opinion of someone who'se used it.......

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too used diana stalder products and they are awesome! The orange kojic acid soap peels the top layer of your skin and bleaches it! use it for a few weeks and you'll see a difference.

Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all,

Yea finding a cream that actually works is just a nightmare, you want to see results and try a thousand creams and spend so much money but nothing works. I mean I tried Diana Stalder and it doesn't work for me, sometimes its just about your skin type. But I have now decided to use LaDonnas and Ondone routine. Please PM them for their sources.

Using HQ 4% and alternating with Retin A 0.1%. I have just ordered mine and looking forward to trying them out. But I don't know 100% but I am trying glutaC pills, because last time I used them I did get a couple of comments, but I couldbt see a difference myself.

What i'm gonna do this time is take a picture is srict lighting conditions, and also go and get a foundation matched up to my skin, i'll use this as a guide to whther I am getting lighter or what. I will go get the foundation matched up after 2 weeks, and then decide whther to order more of this stuff. It's $15 per tube. I'll take another picture in the same lighting and see for myself if theres any difference. Trust me, I have used creams religiously and been so dissapointed when my hard work is not rewarded... I also tried skin doctor... fade away... didnt work!

~BTW there is a new Glutathione cream... I thought I would purchase it and give it a go...

Kind Regards

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hi Forkit. I see many people have already weighed in. First, you need to decide what your aim is. Are you trying to even up your colour? Are you trying to get rid of a tan? Are you trying to lighten a little or are you going for a dramatic whitening? This will help you select a product wisely. From my perspective, The Diana Stalder & the Meladerm are BOTH overpriced for such small quantities that to see a result, you'd have to go bankrupt. No one who posts here can confirm that they've lightened with either product.

I began lightening with HQ4% & Tretinoin 1% in January & I now use a foundation 3 shades lighter than when I began & I have no damage or unevenness. As for pills, I would never take that risk. EVER! Check on Google scholar: there are no scientific objective studies stating that the glutathione pills work. Scarier still, there's no info re long term side effects! I want lighter skin without cancer, liver damage or kidney failure!

In any event, ultimately, YOU make the choices BUT remember that YOU suffer the consequences too. Please be careful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, Im new to the forum.Still navigating jy way around

I'm an Indian from South Africa. I want to even out my colour, Im currently a different colour on every body part, quite light on the torso, brown on the face, darker on the legs! What a pain. I'd prefer to be on the lighter side, maybe golden brown or a tad lighter to match my torso.Nothing too drastic, lets go with Salma Hayek since I have similar features.

Can LaDonna and Ondone tell me what products you guys have used?? Lactic Acid peels?? Sounds frightening, I don't want to damage my skin! Please assist!

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
You don't have to lie to kick it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts