Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I applied HQ after a hot shower, but I didn't really feel any stinging, as I normally would with lightening products... And after I dried, it seemed like my skin was stiff, like it had a caste on it. This leads me to think that the HQ is just sitting on my skin and not doing much. Hence the question; how can I increase HQ absorption into the skin?

Also, I noticed that it didn't seem to dry as well underneath my chin (where I have a bit of facial hair). Does hair prevent it from reaching the skin as effectively?

·
Registered
75 Posts
First of all, you are NOT supposed to feel stinging. It's HQ, not hot oil. Lol.

Secondly, what product are you using?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using HQ... I use another lotion that's supposed to have lightening effects, but I think it's worthless. I only use it to cover up the weird smell of HQ.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Use a glycolic acid toner or a salicylic acid toner, those toners usually take away all the loose dead skin cells and any left over from washing your face to let HQ penetrate better. The HQ from ADC does have a chalky residue but thats ONLY because you used too much, u use about a quarter sized or 1/4 tablespoon for hte whole face, neck, and ears. Spread it very well and then tap it in, that feeling will be gone.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've found some Aloe Vera toner in my bathroom... what does toner do, and how does one use it?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
A toner removes the left over dirt, grime, oil and residue from the face wash/soap you use to wash your face with and give the skin a clean base for your products to penetrate and work better. Aloe vera is soothing and it counters the dryness by restoring moisture levels of your skin from the face wash/soap and Retin-A.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts