Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to take before photos of the worst parts of my face and they keep coming out just looking white and over exposed or something, and I can't even see my spots, etc. Obviously, I'm not the best photographer
. I'm using a regular digital camera. Any advice would be great

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I take mine no flash in my bathroom or near my french doors with morning natural sun

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
isnt the morning natural sun not a good way to meaasure lightening because the sun brightens everything even dark skin so if u were to lighten u would still look bright in the sun

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
It's the only way I can see without washing out the photo. It seems the most natural. When I say morning light I mean the sun isn't up really good. I am a very early riser. The bathroom lighting seems to give me close to the same result, but you have to use what is available without a flash which does wash you out.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I'm sure now it is because the flash is on AND I'm in a too bright bathroom. I'll just have to get my instruction book out now and work out how to turn off the auto-flash, then I'll also try a not so bright setting. You know after three months of Meladerm, it still looks really bad, but at least it will make for really good before photos. Let's hope the after ones will be soooo much better

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Looking forward to the photos karenannev would like to compare to my own sun damage. It isn't as bad as it once was but the process I am using at the moment is just to slow for me.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking forward to the photos karenannev would like to compare to my own sun damage. It isn't as bad as it once was but the process I am using at the moment is just to slow for me.
Are you going to try the HQ/RA regimen? I sooo hope it works for me

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
thinking about it. I want to try my 18% TCA first then I will decide from there. I am waiting for long sleeve weather first.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
thinking about it. I want to try my 18% TCA first then I will decide from there. I am waiting for long sleeve weather first. I have had good success removing it from my face. Please do keep coming back with progress reports I do wanna know!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Try taking it in a total dark room with the flash on.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone, and goatlady I definitely will keep you all posted! I started my program yesterday so here's hoping!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, well I'm obviously pretty useless when it comes to this! I'm trying to put some photos up, but not having much luck. I opened a new message box, went to 'manage attachments' downloaded some photos which seemed to work, then nothing but my empty message box. The photos are only of parts of my face. I'm way too self-conscious to put up my whole face. I just look so horrible without my makeup

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I think this got lost down below. Could someone tell me how to put photos up? Thanks
Sure, after the picture is saved on your computer you will just hit quote or new post...scroll down to the additional options box...click manage attachments.. a box will pop up and you will browse, find the picture and upload..
please let me know if you have a problem..

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hi guys,

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to take before photos of the worst parts of my face and they keep coming out just looking white and over exposed or something, and I can't even see my spots, etc. Obviously, I'm not the best photographer
. I'm using a regular digital camera. Any advice would be great
i like to take the pic in a dark room actually with the flash on... it catches every blemish buuuut my skin is darker so maybe complexion is a factor..

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure, after the picture is saved on your computer you will just hit quote or new post...scroll down to the additional options box...click manage attachments.. a box will pop up and you will browse, find the picture and upload..
please let me know if you have a problem..
Thanks PinkMoscato
. Here goes, I'll give it a try! Yaay, looks like it worked. This is three months ago on the worst part of my face before I started Meladerm. That area is not so bad now. I'll put up some more pictures when I get home from work. Just don't have time now. I've got four more from a week ago just before I started my HQ/RA regime.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
THAT is just what my neck looks like! I hate that reddish tone on my neck. I have it on each side of my neck but down the middle is clear. I would say mine is worse. What exactly are you doing for it now the RA and HQ combo?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
THAT is just what my neck looks like! I hate that reddish tone on my neck. I have it on each side of my neck but down the middle is clear. I would say mine is worse. What exactly are you doing for it now the RA and HQ combo?
Yes I am using the RA/HQ combo. It's only been five days but I can tell something is happening already! Might be wishful thinking, though
. The left side of my neck is fine, it's just the right side which is awful like my face. Probably from driving (I'm in Aus) hence the right side of my neck.

Here are some more photos.

The first one is back in June, about a week after I started Meladerm. The rest are from a couple of days ago. As you can see, the patch on my neck is a LOT better now (from the first to the second picture), but still has a way to go.

See how my face looks dirty or like I've got too dark foundation on. I HATE, HATE, HATE it!!!! By the way, it looks worse in real life than in the photos. It's also easier to see I think if you enlarge them. I just want my face to be the same colour as my neck for the first time in my life that I can remember. I'll make it happen somehow!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gee looking at those photos, my neck was pretty bad before, so the Meladerm has definitely helped but not so much for my face (much thicker skin I suppose).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts