Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys keep your eye area safe guarded? what helps out?

I heard Vitamin E oil or Emu Oil...

What do you guys think?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
OK, Here's some info I dug up:

1)Using skin care products in the eye area

If you look under "basic skin care" on that site and click on "eyes" it has tons of good solid info for us.

2) I use Tazarotene (similar to Retin-A) on the under eye area to firm and get rid of lines. At first I noticed it made the area crepey, but now that phase has passed and things are looking smooth and tight. I also use Viterol-A for Eye and Mouth Corners. Dermstore.com has it.

3) I do FlexEffect facial exercise/massage and this has helped tighten up the eye area even better than surgery - no scars! It helps with thickening the tissues, the tissues get paper-thin with age and gives the hollow-eyed droopy look. This helps build the tissues back to their plump healthy look.

HTh a little.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
very good question, JM. Eyes are supposed to be the most fragile part of our face but unfortunately, I don't know how to care for the eye area properly. Over-caring can lead to fine lines and wrinkles. I fear when applying oil which are usually too heavy for the delicate eye area may do more damage than good.

Anyone is there a proper way of applying oil, eye cream or eye gel to the eye area? Also, which oil is recommended for this part of the face coz most oils are too heavy I heard.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Also, which oil is recommended for this part of the face coz most oils are too heavy I heard. Thanks a lot.
Pumi - I have been using Sweet Almond Oil based on your recommendation and love it! Anyway, the product that I have (by NOW Foods, their Personal Care line) says on the label that it could be applied to the entire face especially the eye area. So this is what I do both with the Sweet Almond Oil as well as my Grapeseed Oil, which is thinner.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Pumi - I have been using Sweet Almond Oil based on your recommendation and love it! Anyway, the product that I have (by NOW Foods, their Personal Care line) says on the label that it could be applied to the entire face especially the eye area. So this is what I do both with the Sweet Almond Oil as well as my Grapeseed Oil, which is thinner.
I have stopped using anything on my eye area for the moment, Mirecka. I have been doing some reading online and most people believe that oils are too heavy for use on the eye area. This is why I am quite confused now. Have you heard of milia seeds? I have been reading an article that oils lead to milia seeds but I dunno how far this is true. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello there,

Vitamin E Oil or wheatgerm oil are good for the eye area. Do not use Emu Oil on this delicate area because it is used for joint problems and is not suitable.

Warmest regards,

redrose

·
Registered
35 Posts
A quality anti aging eye cream designed to the fragile eye area. Ingredients have to have the ablity to be absorbed into the skin for the product to be succesful. Check information in more detail-profile source-ingredients.
Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so is the concensus here Vitamin E oil?

Also,

Is Vitamin C Serum too harsh for the eye area?

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
Me too. I put it everywhere except directly on the eyelid.
I put it everywhere including the eyelid. I have never had a problem. I first started out doing every other night on the eyelid and worked my way up to nightly.

Now I have switched my Vit C, to my morning routine, thanks to all of you.

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
Hooray to periwinkle on your new status!!! Meet us on Friday for cyber coctails, we will have you up to Elite status soon enough!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts