Skin Care Talk banner

How to tone down very light strawberry blonde hair...

12K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  cloud9 
#1 ·
Hi,
I wanted to go platinum blonde so I dyed my hair 3 months ago.The color was very brassy like dark golden so I applied a professional hair color on it because I thought my hair was light enough and it would give me an ash blonde color.But that didn't happen and I got very golden hair.
After 3 months,I bleached my hair again so that I can remove the old hair color and get my hair light enough so that I can tone it with an ash blonde toner.I bleached twice but it just made my hair more golden.I hate this color and just want to have a cool or neutral color instead of a warm blonde.
Can someone pls tell me how can I get rid of the golden tones from my hair?Which color/shade should I use to tone down yellow and red from my hair?
I have always used 30 vol developer with the bleach powders and my hair was covered in coconut oil when I bleached.So my hair is still in a good condition.
A little more info about my hair,I have very fine,straight and silky hair and my natural hair color is medium to light brown.
I have been coloring my hair with professional permanent hair dyes and have always used lightest ash blonde shade.My hair always turn out too golden.I read that a Neutral blonde color/toner will cool down the golden(yellow+red) tones in hair.
Is that true?
I really need advise...pls help me.I hate this golden blonde color on me :(

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like the bleach didn't lift enough so when you applied the color it left the brassiness behind.

I honestly would leave it and wash daily with warm water, your color will fade within 4 weeks. Then start the process again, even consider going a shade darker for awhile. You don't want too over process your hair........bleach can do some serious damage if your not careful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.