Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have blemishes from acne I have had in the past, I'm 26 years, male/ asian...whats the best way to treat the blemishes?

I maintain a healthy lifestyle, mostly healthy diet and excercie everyday....but still have trouble with acne....

Does anyone know a natural homemade product to treat blrmishes, or should I use benzoyl peroxide to treat the blemishes.

Thank you

Jay

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Freddy, I see you use the following for your face and body from your blog..
Can I find all these products at local Target store or Walmart?

Day and Night
Face
Biore Cooling Cleanser with 2% SA
Biore Cooling Exfoliant with 2% SA
The Body Shop Mattifying Tea Tree Oil Moisturiser

Body
Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Body Lotion

Total Cost: C$70.00As always, comments and questions are welcomed.

I see that you do not recommend bezoyl peroxide, what would you recommend for blemishes then?

I shower twice daily too as I train 3 hrs everyday in Muay Thai and sweat profusely and I drink close to a gallon of water during my training.

Jay

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yeah, most of it should be easy to find. The tea tree oil is found at the Body Shop.
These products work will in place of BP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, most of it should be easy to find. The tea tree oil is found at the Body Shop.
These products work will in place of BP.
A while ago I bought the tea tree oil bar soaps, I discontinued its use for no apparent reason, should I continue using it for my face and body?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I think you definately should go back with it.

However, I don't use tea tree oil for my face wash, just as a moisturiser.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you definately should go back with it.

However, I don't use tea tree oil for my face wash, just as a moisturiser.
Freddy,

I bought Biore cool cleanser with 2% SA and Biore exfoliant scrub with 2% SA,
I couldn't find Avon body moisturizer but I use the Aveeno stress relief moisturizer, what do you think?

Also I'm using the tee tree oil facial cleanser that I bought on body shop for my body, Thanks for your inputs, I'l try this regimen for couple of weeks and provide feedback...

Jay

·
Registered
20 Posts
My absolute favourite product is DermaMed acne gel, containing tee tree oil. Also their green tea and SA wash. It's natural and it works! Made in Canada so I'm not sure if it's available elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Freddy,

I bought Biore cool cleanser with 2% SA and Biore exfoliant scrub with 2% SA,
I couldn't find Avon body moisturizer but I use the Aveeno stress relief moisturizer, what do you think?

Also I'm using the tee tree oil facial cleanser that I bought on body shop for my body, Thanks for your inputs, I'l try this regimen for couple of weeks and provide feedback...

Jay
How's the whole thing coming along?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi All,

I have blemishes from acne I have had in the past, I'm 26 years, male/ asian...whats the best way to treat the blemishes?

I maintain a healthy lifestyle, mostly healthy diet and excercie everyday....but still have trouble with acne....

Does anyone know a natural homemade product to treat blrmishes, or should I use benzoyl peroxide to treat the blemishes.

Thank you

Jay
Hi,

Try applying cucumber juice mixed with lemon juice on your blemishes only and leave on for 15 mins, then wash off. This will help clear them if used for sometime.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How's the whole thing coming along?
I have been following the regimen for two weeks now and I see acne coming back...but I don't think it is because of the regimen...I'll keep doing it until april and see if there is any difference in reducing my blemishes...will keep you posted

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a big fan of Mario Badescu Skin Care they have this product that treats blemishes called Drying lotion its probably the best thing i ever came across for pimples.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If you use lemon juice you're going to have to remember that it makes your skin very sensitive to the sun, so use sunscreen.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
yes, just once daily. Don't forget to moisturise your face after washing off the lemon and cucumber juice.
You can simply use cucumber juice to clear the blemishes but it will take longer as compared to the mixture of lemon and cucumber juice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts