Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I've read many threads concerning this combination I decided on purchasing it from AllDayChemist and creating this thread as my own review of doing so to keep updates on my progress.

Is the melalite the correct HQ?

I'm considering two ADC options of RA.
RA .10% Gel - The strongest and I have tried RA back when I was a teenager but still would have to start slow with this.
RA .05% Cream - I like that it's made from Johnson and Johnson. I think the cream would be easier to apply since I believe the gel dries quicker?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a couple of other questions about using them separately or mixing them. I know as a beginner, more of a re-starter, I should probably wait 15-30 minutes prior to using RA after washing.

1. Should I use the RA first and wait 10 minutes to apply the HQ?
2. Mix both topicals, at the time of use, in the palm of my hands? I would probably do number "1" first so I would know the amount of RA and HQ I would need on one application to mix.

Any suggestion on cheap and good moisturizer with SPF during the day?

·
Registered
99 Posts
From my experience, the RA gel doesn't dry fast at all. In fact, depending on how much you use, it can take 20-30 minutes.

When I first got my RA, I mixed the RA gel with the HQ cream and it did not mix well because the cream is oil based and the gel is water based.

It was suggested that I use the RA gel in the evening and the HQ in the morning and not close together because it may prevent it from being effective. Not only that, your face will have enough irritation from the .1 % RA, you may want to wait to use the HQ anyway.

The sunscreen I hear on here a lot is the Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Sensitive Ultra SPF50+ I personally haven't tried it yet, but a lot of people on here like it because of its protection without the "whiteout" look.

Good luck

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scarfree, did you get yours from ADC? If so, what kind of results have you gotten and how long did it? Does the HQ work for you?

I will look into the SPF. How do you mix your SPF with HQ or do you layer?

Thanks you!

I'm thinking about getting the second RA that I listed. It's a cream base so it could possible mix well with the HQ cream. The RA is a lesser strength therefore reducing side-effects.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am finally going to put my order in. I've order lots of it and other things since the shipping cost so much. I hope customs aren't going to fuss with my package?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts