Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay question for those who r using retin-a and hq, are you guys lightening evenly, i started using retin-a and hq again on my face and it seems as tho my face is uneven like some areas are lighter then others , it looks terrible, is ne 1 experiencing the same problem, i dont know what to do , will it eventually even out ? plz help!!

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
krazycee, what race/skin color are you? I havent experienced unevenness, I think I might know what the problem is though, are you using the Retina/HQ together? if so that might be hte problem, when used together it can be uneven for some people, like my caucasian/light skinned friends complain about white spots, but when you dont use it together and alternate between the HQ/RA then it might provide even results.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
410 Posts
LNL what race are you? you look caucasian in your avatar (if that is you). :p

for the unevennes, after you apply your HQ whether you apply it with or without the retin-a, after about 30mins, use HQ alone on those darker areas, it should even out in time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi thanx lightennlift, n reyaz , im actually black, im like a light brown color like lauren londen. ne who i am using the two mix together, u really think thats the problem? , i did try applying cream on just the darker areas but it seem to make it worse so thats not an option, maybe ill try alternating days or something, i was thinking about doing a chemical peel on my face to get rid of all the dead skin, do u think that will work or make it worse?

·
Registered
410 Posts
gets worse on applying the HQ? thats strange.......when do you apply the HQ? Do you go out with the HQ on? Give the alternating a try, think this is a job for ondine :p

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
lol reyaz - ondine, the master dermatologist?, krazy - try alternating the two, dont apply more or less in any areas, apply evenly and your skin will even out, dont forget to use a sunblock of at least spf 30.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
If you can tolerate the RA/HQ blend w/o redness, rashes etc, then use it. Are you certain your skin was 100% even beforehand? Sometimes the unevenness doesn't show as much on darker skin. In the same way, as some dark people begin lightening, they realize that they have freckles! They just weren't so apparent on their dark skin.

Thinner skinned areas will show lightening more quicly that thicker skinned areas. This may account for some of the unevenness. Try applying the mix 2x/day on the darker areas only & only 1x/day or even 1x every other day to give your darker areas time to catch up & blend. When I began lightening back in Jan, I first worked on blending some of the darker areas (like knees & knuckles etc.) BEFORE lightening overall. Like LNL says, people typically even out as the combination of creams takes a sustained effect.

As for a chemical peel, using a 12.5% TCA peel on the darker areas may be helpful to you. For now, just try working on the darker areas to blend them in before lightening overall.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx guys but i already tried going over the dark areas w/ hq, it just turn the areas more darker, but i think ur right ondine about Thinner skinned areas showing lightening more quickly that thicker skinned areas, because i noticed that the area around my nose is alot lighter then my jaw line area. thats definately something to consider, i never thought about that before, but any who im gonna do a chemical peel on just the dark areas like you suggested, wait about a week for my face to heal then start my regimine again but this time alternate days instead of mixing them together.ill keep you guys posted, thanx!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx guys but i already tried going over the dark areas w/ hq, it just turn the areas more darker, i dunno y this is tho, but i think ur right ondine about Thinner skinned areas showing lightening more quickly that thicker skinned areas, because i noticed that the area around my nose is alot lighter then my jaw line area. thats definately something to consider, i never thought about that before, but any who im gonna do a chemical peel on just the dark areas like you suggested, wait about a week for my face to heal then start my regimine again but this time alternate days instead of mixing them together.ill keep you guys posted, thanx!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
krazycee07, do you use a REALLY good sunblock when you go outside, and use a hat, etc? Even bright lights indoors can cause darkening, if you are not protected. I've been wearing a hat inside if I'll be under our CFLs, even if I do look completely silly

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm Caucasian and have been using Retin A and HQ4%, along with chemical peels periodically. I have noticed that some freckled areas lighten easier than others. That's not necessarily the same as what was described here, but it is uneven to some degree. I chalk it up to skin thickness, the amount of exfoliation needed, and the depth of sun damage/discoloration.

·
Registered
819 Posts
If u feel retin-A, a tad bit too much for your skin, try DERMASTINE. Its vitamin A 100 000IU. Apply it over the HQ at night.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
karenannev i dont wear sunscreen on my face because my face gets really irritated whenever i put it on dunno why must be an ingredient in it im allergic too, dont really know any sunblock that good for the face, if you know any let me kno. but i stay out the sun as much as possible, its really easy cause i work from home, but when i do go out i wear a hat to help cover my face.

nikesh ur probally right at least the strength im using, i might have to go down to the
.05% instead, my skin is so sensitive, i just want light even skin it, and im having so many problem trying to acheive this, i just wish i could get ahold of whatever the celebrities like rihanna use to lighten their skin. where can i get Dermastine from?

clabbergirl what do you do for the uneveness ur experiencing?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
karenannev i dont wear sunscreen on my face because my face gets really irritated whenever i put it on dunno why must be an ingredient in it im allergic too, dont really know any sunblock that good for the face, if you know any let me kno. but i stay out the sun as much as possible, its really easy cause i work from home, but when i do go out i wear a hat to help cover my face.

nikesh ur probally right at least the strength im using, i might have to go down to the
.05% instead, my skin is so sensitive, i just want light even skin it, and im having so many problem trying to acheive this, i just wish i could get ahold of whatever the celebrities like rihanna use to lighten their skin. where can i get Dermastine from?

clabbergirl what do you do for the uneveness ur experiencing?

I said the same thing, Rihanna, Megan, all the gals are keeping that secret quiet...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
i dont wear sunscreen on my face because my face gets really irritated whenever i put it on
I never used to wear sunblock either because I hated the heaviness. And I'm sure all the incidental damage added up to a whole lot, even though I have avoided the sun for years. There are so many types out there, you just have to find one that works for you. Perhaps one for sensitive skin, or a physical one instead of a chemical one? I'm sure one of the experts on here will know of a good one.

If you work from home, that helps a lot. I hate walking the five minute walk from my car to my office building, even with sunblock on in winter, I'm soooo paranoid these days.

Anyway, it's early days yet, and I'm sure your skin will even out in time.

Good luck

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah pinkmascato we probally will never find out what the celebrities uses to bleach their skin, thats something they'll probally take it to their grave!!

karenannev i know there are alot of types of sunscreen out their , i just need to do more research, but ya hopefully my face will even out, if not im going to have to stop bleaching all together, which i dont even wanna think about!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
If u feel retin-A, a tad bit too much for your skin, try DERMASTINE. Its vitamin A 100 000IU. Apply it over the HQ at night.
Nikesh, can you tell me your regimen that you are using now? How did the Hq/glycolic acid and the fair & flawless regimines go and which ones did you like the best?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The 'celebs' are using custom compounded formulations with high % ages of HQ. This is not a speculative statement, but a fact. You need a 'script' from a dr. to get these formulations, BUT if you are affluent AND famous, there are Dr's who will do this for you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts