Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and I just started to use Retin A 0.05% one month ago to even my skin tone. Now I'm wondering if it's better to combine with HQ4% to get better results. Please advice.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'm new to this forum and I just started to use Retin A 0.05% one month ago to even my skin tone. Now I'm wondering if it's better to combine with HQ4% to get better results. Please advice.
I think it's a great idea. Lots of us on here use this combination. Retin-A is a fantastic exfoliator and great for your skin but it doesn't have quite the lightening power of HQ, and they enhance each other's effects. Have a good read of the RA/HQ threads. There's lots of information and advice on how to use them together. Good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I do have to disagree. Retin-A takes a toll on your body! It actually reduces your bodys natural sebum production which is to your body as oil is to a car engine. sebum hepls your bones move smoothly, skin cells regenerate properly, feces exit properly, etc. without this you would eventually look like a raisin. Retin-A is usually prescribed for people with extreme acne or pigmentation. I am still 50/50 on the topical cream form of Retin-A because it doesn't disturb your internal organs, I believe the oral forms of both Retin-A and Accutane have been removed from the market but if you come across any don't use it.

There are hundreds if not thousands of other creams, serums, and procedures that can help to lighten your skin tone or reduce/remove pigmentation so check out some of those! Syneron creates a machine called SR or FotoFacial which helps to remove pigmentation in the skin, check with their web site for an office near you.

Vitamin C is one of the best things for your skin. If it is spots your worried about try some of this and see how it helps.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I do have to disagree. Retin-A takes a toll on your body! It actually reduces your bodys natural sebum production which is to your body as oil is to a car engine. sebum hepls your bones move smoothly, skin cells regenerate properly, feces exit properly, etc. without this you would eventually look like a raisin. Retin-A is usually prescribed for people with extreme acne or pigmentation. I am still 50/50 on the topical cream form of Retin-A because it doesn't disturb your internal organs, I believe the oral forms of both Retin-A and Accutane have been removed from the market but if you come across any don't use it.

There are hundreds if not thousands of other creams, serums, and procedures that can help to lighten your skin tone or reduce/remove pigmentation so check out some of those! Syneron creates a machine called SR or FotoFacial which helps to remove pigmentation in the skin, check with their web site for an office near you.

Vitamin C is one of the best things for your skin. If it is spots your worried about try some of this and see how it helps.

WOW! Thanks for sharing, I looked it up and this is what i got:
When you go in for an IPL fotofacial a cool gel will be applied to your skin. Each session lasts 20-60 minutes and price ranges from $350-$600.

It usually takes four to six session of therapy to get lasting results. With good skin protection the results can last up to one

In this case it would be $2100 for 6 sessions @ the lowest price.. if you can afford it this sounds like a good procedure..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My forehead is sligthly darker than the rest of face. I applied DIY vitamin C (just 1/4tsp of LAA and 5ml of water) in the morning. wow my skin started to burn....I immediately washed it off. Is there any other way to apply vitamin C?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's a great idea. Lots of us on here use this combination. Retin-A is a fantastic exfoliator and great for your skin but it doesn't have quite the lightening power of HQ, and they enhance each other's effects. Have a good read of the RA/HQ threads. There's lots of information and advice on how to use them together. Good luck!
karenannev where you can get the HQ? I live in Switzerland!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
karenannev where you can get the HQ? I live in Switzerland!
Hi Swisschocolate, a lot of us on here including me get it from alldaychemist.com. They are reliable and have authentic generic products. They ship all over the world for $24USD which is worth it if you stock up. You will be astounded at the prices!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts