Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a lot of research and from what I gather, HQ in concentrations of 5-6% with 10-15% Lactic Acid in a GEL based formulation used in conjunction with Retin-A 0.1% gives effective and consistent lightening. I've been using RA/HQ 4% and it gives results but its a long road. Lactic Acid doesnt interfere with RA at low concentrations and it has great tyrosinase inhibiting properties and its moisturizing to work well with the RA. Unfortunately, I haven't found any source that sells HQ in 5-6% concentration in a GEL base with Lactic Acid, so its up to me to compound it. I would gladly appreciate your advice or recommendations on where to go to compound or share effective home compounding recipes.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
ninasky is a great compounder... i almost wish i could just buy some creams from her..im so afraid of the mixing thing***

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for posting the results of your research. All the ingredients you mention (except the RA & HQ) can be obtained economically from makingcosmeticsdot com. Go to their site & write to them (email form). Someone there should be able to get back to you with compounding suggestions. They might even be able to help you integrate the RA. As for the raw HQ, photographers' supply stores carry it.

Make sure you wear gloves, goggles & a mask when compounding with HQ because in its raw form, ingesting it can be dangerous.

Perhaps Ninasky does know how to do this...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts