Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
oh, this looks ideal. hq has worked for me but i don't want the risk of long term use. i think i might get it and later a review. be great to hear if others have used it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am currently using the kojic cream but I'm using it with all the rest of the stuff so I dont know how effective it is but its pure kojic acid so I'm sure it'll work its potential

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, this looks ideal. hq has worked for me but i don't want the risk of long term use. i think i might get it and later a review. be great to hear if others have used it.
Yeah long term use of HQ kinda scares me too thats why I'm looking for a HQ free cream for maintenance

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am currently using the kojic cream but I'm using it with all the rest of the stuff so I dont know how effective it is but its pure kojic acid so I'm sure it'll work its potential
How long have you been using the kojic cream?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah long term use of HQ kinda scares me too thats why I'm looking for a HQ free cream for maintenance
yep, that stuff was primary used for photo development...chemicals that absorb into the blood stream. hq isn't meant to be used for large areas of the body hence more absorbent affecting livers, kidney, and god what else and meant to use for short duration.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have a habit of using more things at once to know which one really works or not but i'm going to change that. i'm going to try kojic cream by itself.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
I just found another HQ free cream!!!!

Prescription Medicines - Generic Search Results

That cream has a 20% concentration and I read somewhere that 20% azelaic acid is the same as HQ 4%
Indeed, Azelaic Acid is very effective at battling hyperpigmentation but remember it wont actually get up higher than 2 to 3 shades, HQ 4% will go further. I would say azelaic acid 20% is comparable to 2% HQ, I used Azelex which has 20% azelaic acid when I was a teen for acne and it helped greatly.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Actually our tests showed that besides HQ, nothing else really worked to lighten skin- now we didn't test every compound- but we did test kojic aicd- it did not work - I'll have to check on Azelaic acid- be sure to find out what 'test' they used to claim a compound worked- lots of them work in the test tube- very very few work on animals or people.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Actually our tests showed that besides HQ, nothing else really worked to lighten skin- now we didn't test every compound- but we did test kojic aicd- it did not work - I'll have to check on Azelaic acid- be sure to find out what 'test' they used to claim a compound worked- lots of them work in the test tube- very very few work on animals or people.
i like to learn more about your tests. i agree, hq is the only thing that really worked for me. did the kojic acid showed a minimal result at least. i was hopeful because i don't want to suffer the consequences of using hq long term. azelaic acid just sounds like a good exfoliate more than anything.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I worked for about 5 years in the skin lightening area- culminating in the product deoxyArbutin. In that time, we developed a guinea pig model which we found we could reversibly depigment with HQ and irreversibly with agents like monobenzone. We also tested many others...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
in reference to the phrase "long term HQ usage" what is considred long term (amount of time)? and given we take breaks what are those "long term" problems?

·
Registered
906 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
in reference to the phrase "long term HQ usage" what is considred long term (amount of time)? and given we take breaks what are those "long term" problems?
i heard from any where from 3 - 6 months. it really depends on the strength percentage and the amount of area its being applied.

·
Registered
59 Posts
madelong, i'm disappointed that kojic didn't work in your test. where did you get it from?

i know that ever product isn't created equal when it comes to same active ingredients. would like to hear about people who tried adc's kojic acid.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I recall we ordered it from the Sigma Chemical company- but I work in Medical Research-- so we don't buy creams from commercial vendors we buy the actual chemicals and formulate them ourselves- and the work is done in guinea pigs ( which have pigmented skin-- similar to human skin)
Your best bet as to determining how well an active works in humans is a double-blind placebo controlled study in humans- such as was done ( see post about) with Azelaic acid.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts