Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i've been using the hq/ra combination on my lips exclusively for about a two weeks now and let me tell you it makes a whole lot of difference! You get crack ***** lips for about a week and when it peels of your lips are MUCH lighter. My lightened 2 shades! I use HQ and Chapstick in the morning during the day, I reapply. Then in the evening when I get home, its HQ/RA then petroleum jelly
The jelly really restores your lips and is completely necessary. Well just thought i'd share......you can lighten those tell tale lips with HQ/RA effectively!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
hey guys, i've been using the hq/ra combination on my lips exclusively for about a two weeks now and let me tell you it makes a whole lot of difference! You get crack ***** lips for about a week and when it peels of your lips are MUCH lighter. My lightened 2 shades! I use HQ and Chapstick in the morning during the day, I reapply. Then in the evening when I get home, its HQ/RA then petroleum jelly
The jelly really restores your lips and is completely necessary. Well just thought i'd share......you can lighten those tell tale lips with HQ/RA effectively!
thanks i'm definitely doing this once i'm close my skin tone goal.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yah, is that safe? Isn't exfoliation with a toothbrush(with olive oil) enough?

It's weird my lips have seemed a bit darker lately but I thought that it was because my face is lighter.

...a contrast thing?

I used to hate them because they looked pinky (the bottom especially) but now they're more plum-brown-burgundy looking... very close to the lipsticks I used to wear to darken them.

hmmm.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Using HQ on your lips is nowhere near safe... that stuff can cause serious problems if even a tiny amount is ingested. What's your routine for this?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is COMPLETELY safe. Hydroquinone is a derivative of Vitamin C. It is easily metabolized in the body is small quantities. Small quantities would be if you ingest 2g of 99% HQ powder. That would make you sick. However you could eat half the tube of HQ4% and absolutely nothing will happen. In those small percentages its very okay. So fear not. You stand a greater chance of getting sick if some of your foundation or eye makeup gets into your body!

·
Registered
172 Posts
It is COMPLETELY safe. Hydroquinone is a derivative of Vitamin C. It is easily metabolized in the body is small quantities. Small quantities would be if you ingest 2g of 99% HQ powder. That would make you sick. However you could eat half the tube of HQ4% and absolutely nothing will happen. In those small percentages its very okay. So fear not. You stand a greater chance of getting sick if some of your foundation or eye makeup gets into your body!
Good point.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I've been doing this too & my lips have lightened considerably. I can now wear those pink lipstick shades that are so flattering but looked frosty & 'grey' before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been doing this too & my lips have lightened considerably. I can now wear those pink lipstick shades that are so flattering but looked frosty & 'grey' before.
What strength is being used here? Is it absolutely necessary to go buy both, I can't just use 1% RA? I'm not rich *****, you know XD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts