Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, last night I tried to wash my face with simple soap and after about 5 seconds, my face started burning like hell. So, I don't think I'm going to be putting it on my face anymore, however, I have dry patches of skin on my face that still haven't peeled off. How do I get it off, or do I put Retin-A alone or ... I don't know. Help?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I haven't tried that yet. What do I use it with to get it off? The electric toothbrush, I mean.
Where's Ondine when you need her, haha. :]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to continue posting on this thread, because this is my first time using these lotions and right now I have abnormally light patches on my face from it. I really want these dark patches of skin to peel away, and I don't know what to do. I really need help.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hi Supermodella! Sounds like you're going through that annoying purging phase RA users often go through wherein the skin sheds off an accumulation of dead skin. It can make you look awful. Instead of using soap (too strong for your newly sensitized skin) get ahold of some Spectro-gel for sensitive skin. It is gentle, non abraisive & won't strip the natural acid mantle off of your skin. As for the flakes on your sensitive skin, grit your teeth, curse a lot, apply a few dabs of olive oil & WAIT for it to shed on its own. Do NOT pick at or scrape at the stuck-on dry flakes. YES, it is tempting to do so BUT you can irritate your skin, sensitize it even more & even cause scarring. Some of these flakes will roll off easily in a hot steamy shower. Use a wet washcloth VERY GENTLY to ease their removal in the shower. Whatever remains after you've patted your skin dry..well...break out the olive oil. Resist the urge to pick at it. This gross purging stage only lasts for a little while then it stops. It isn't fun, but you'll be glad you stuck it out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much, Ondine. I actually went ahead and tried to like ... scrub it off with a toothbrush to no avail. I'm just afraid it won't peel off since it just looked so discolored and stopped looking so flaky after I quit putting the RA//HQ on. I also made the mistake of putting MORE on. Ugh, I'm fluctuating between continuing the process, since it did work and there's still some uneven places I need to take care of. I'm so confusedddd. School is starting up next week and I'd love to not stroll in with flakes on my face, since putting on my regular makeup seems to make them look more obvious. :/

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You tried to scrub it off with a toothbrush! BAD IDEA. I also hated having a flaky face: I just told anyone I caught staring (+ my family) that I was trying out RA! It is a simple & true answer. These creams are NOT mere cosmetics. You can't fool around too much with the method of application. With RA, you must wait a good 20 mins after cleansing & drying the skin to apply it. No exceptions. You cannot slather it on. Ever. The less you can get away with, the better. Do not be confused. These creams are strong & they have a 'real' not cosmetic effect. They aren't even 'cosmeceuticals'.

·
Registered
38 Posts
With RA, you must wait a good 20 mins after cleansing & drying the skin to apply it. No exceptions. You cannot slather it on. Ever. The less you can get away with, the better. Do not be confused. even 'cosmeceuticals'.
Hello Ondine.

I have ordered my HQ/RA prods from ADC...been about 2 weeks.

When applying the RA should I just use a Q-Tip to the Acne & Acne Scarred areas?

I tend to get acne on my back as well...

Please let me know.

supermodella...hope everythings working out for you.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
What strength did you order? In the beginning, you might just want to try it on these areas. Use yr fingertip because the Q-tip's cotton will absorb some of your cream (big waste). RAis strong & this will help you gauge your personal skin's reaction to it. If you tolerate it well, you can apply it all over every other night 20 mins after cleansing & drying (a pea sized amt shld do yr whole face).

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Okay, last night I tried to wash my face with simple soap and after about 5 seconds, my face started burning like hell. So, I don't think I'm going to be putting it on my face anymore, however, I have dry patches of skin on my face that still haven't peeled off. How do I get it off, or do I put Retin-A alone or ... I don't know. Help?
The skin on your face and neck are thinner so they tend to be more sensitive.. I use the papaya (likas) on my body/skin but not on my face..i tried to once and by day two my face was burining
DO NOT USE on your face.. try something gentle maybe gel or foamin face wash.. there is even a silly green tea face wash i have from the dollar tree that makes my face feel sooo refreshed.yes dollar tree.... lol anyhow.. the best thing you can do now is let your skin heal..i would just continue the HQ/RA on my body or whatever youve been using and give your face a few days to recover. Meanwwhile just cleanse and use a moiturizer/sunblock.... then start back using your HQ every other day and then every day.. it only took my skin a couple days to stop feeling itchy.. but i had some dry patches on my lips from trying a concocsion and they are gone and its only day 3.. just make sure to cleanse gently and MOISTURIZE
and use your sunbock.. im assuming you avoid too much direct sunlight right now anyway

·
Registered
38 Posts
What strength did you order? In the beginning, you might just want to try it on these areas. Use yr fingertip because the Q-tip's cotton will absorb some of your cream (big waste). RAis strong & this will help you gauge your personal skin's reaction to it. If you tolerate it well, you can apply it all over every other night 20 mins after cleansing & drying (a pea sized amt shld do yr whole face).
I purchased:
Retin - A (Cream) / Retino-A Tretinoin 0.05%

1 - 12 of 12 Posts