Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmmm, I'm wondering why my hair looks blacker, my lippy looks redder and my eyes look bluer today... What could it be?? Oh my God, I am lightening!! I have been thinking that it is probably just wishful thinking and have been scared to get my hopes up, but I can no longer deny it. It is definitely FINALLY happening! Ondine, LightenNLift and everyone else, thank you so, so, much for your encouragement. It has taken exactly four weeks but I am really starting to lighten. I can't believe it! I'm almost scared now of having a flawless porcelain face, but I really believe now that it will happen.

Everyone who is just starting out, hang in there, please! Would you believe only yesterday, I was thinking of going back to Meladerm, that this was not going to work for me, that my skin was different or something, so obviously this happened today so I would not quit.

I suppose the most discouraging thing is that every morning I wake up with this horrid looking orangey face, but I think that it really is just all being brought to the surface, because after my shower and makeup routine each morning it just gets better and better. Slowly but surely, it's being washed down the drain. Yaaaaay!!

Anyway, hopefully I haven't jinxed myself now, but I am feeling so excited and hopeful today, and can't wait to see what the next few weeks will bring.

I love this forum and you are all the best!!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Woohoo! I'm glad to hear it is working for you. I'm delighted, but not surprised. This stuff works for most people. That orangeyness is probably just the underlayers of sun damage coming to the surface only to shed down the drain! I get a funny grey tone B4 a shed-fest. It makes my skin a little dull but after, the results are great. Everything looks brighter & so even. How many weeks does it make for you, Karenannev?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woohoo! I'm glad to hear it is working for you. I'm delighted, but not surprised. This stuff works for most people. That orangeyness is probably just the underlayers of sun damage coming to the surface only to shed down the drain! I get a funny grey tone B4 a shed-fest. It makes my skin a little dull but after, the results are great. Everything looks brighter & so even. How many weeks does it make for you, Karenannev?
Exactly four weeks yesterday, Ondine. Such a short time, really when I think of all the years of damage I've got. It's still pretty subtle, but it IS happening. Thanks so much again for getting me started on this

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AWESOME! You should post your daily routine to inspire!
Hi Goatlady,

OK, here goes:

Morning
. Hot steamy shower
. Starting from my eye area, gently roll old skin off with fingers
. Wash face twice with Clearasil Deep Pore Gel Wash (with salicylic acid)
. Wait until face is dry
. Apply HQ4%
. Wait ten minutes
. Apply two pumps of Invisible Zinc sunblock
. Apply Johnsons Pure Cornstarch Powder, lots at first then gently brush off
. Skin very soothed, no longer red and usually no flakes
. Apply lippy and mascara and do hair
. Good to go!

Evening
. As early as possible so the RA is on longer:
. Wash face twice with Clearasil Deep Pore Gel Wash
. Wait 10 minutes (if you are new at this, wait 20-30 mins)
. Apply equal quantities of HQ4% and RA mixed together in hands
. All done!

Supplements:
One heaped teaspoon of pure MSM powder (morning and night)
4000mg Vitamin C
1000mg Fish Oil
Good quality Multivitamin
1000mg Vitamin D3 (I'm deficient because of years avoiding the sun)

Any suggestions of other things to take would be great!

BTW, I switched back from Likas soap to the Clearasil as the Likas was making my face and neck a little too red, but I am using it on my body and in particular my lower arms, and I think they are slightly lighter! May be wishful thinking, though

Finally, if anyone has any questions, please ask! I've had so much help from everyone else, I need to give back

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
why are u washing your face with clerasil salicylic acid twice day and night? Thats what causing ur redness and that is not healthy for the skin cause its drying it out tremendously. Use a gentle wash.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I agree try to find a more gentle cleanser if you are getting red.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why are u washing your face with clerasil salicylic acid twice day and night? Thats what causing ur redness and that is not healthy for the skin cause its drying it out tremendously. Use a gentle wash.
I know, but I've been using it for months now and my skin must like it because it doesn't sting or make me red. The Likas was really stinging me. My skin feels comfortable again now.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Please use a light hand with the clearasil. You are using a lot of strong acid already with the RA. Perhaps Spectro gel for sensitive skin would be better? It is designed NOT to strip your skin's natural acid mantle. 4 weeks is typically what it takes to really see a change. Imagine your skin after 4 more weeks?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I have been using this combo for a few years now and it has been working great on my face but the quantity is not enough for the entire body...any suggestions to lighten the body?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts