Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo, hallo!

While Im around, I thought Id update you on my experiences in using the HQ serum/compound. I have more confidence in this mixture, so thought to pass on my tips:

HQ Serum:
A simple mixture of 150ml heated dipropylene glycol and 15g hq crystals (10%) lasts me about a week/10 days (using 2xdaily).

Application:
Thinly applied AM, if only doing once a day. SPF always worn in the day regardless of whether I am indoors or out. in PM, I apply retina 2.5% and/or DCL 10 or 20% (glycolic acid cream) on the more stubborn areas.

Can thinly HQ apply PM, after nice long soak in bath (if have time).

Stubborn Areas:
Back of the arms. Knuckles. Knees. Back. The back is difficult to get to/scrub. A sauna/spa treatment can help with this or more vigorous scrubbing of your back yourself.

Knuckes, Knees and back of arms, respond well to glycolic acid treatment. No need to use stronger than 20% in my opinion.

Using glycolic:
Apply twice a day for about 3 days then stop use for a few days to heal. Peeling will begin, a little soreness may ensue. Use with a good flannel in the bath. Bathing over showering, I feel speeds up process.

Peeling effect?:
Fast and horrible. Cover up and moisturise. You will flake sporadically on the softer/gentler parts of the skin. Cannot wear transluscent make up/powder while peeling on your face...

Specific treatment for the face/neck:
I recommend this, because the skin is much softer/gentler. A NIGHTLY application of DPG 10% or Differin Adapelene .1% or A LITTLE Retina 2.5%/1%.

I never apply any of these in AM. At PM, I wash with an AHA facial scrub, cleanse with AHA cleanser and toner (same brand). Sometimes use arbutin lotion if not using HQ.

in AM, just wipe my face with warm cloth, use AHA cleanser and AHA toner. Apply HQ thinly. Apply SPF job done.

SPF:
Use SPF 20-50 sprays/primers. Get SPF15 lipbalms. Always wear lipbalm.

Bathing:
I do use Licorice soap. It can be drying. And Sanex is good for skin. Also use a little of it as a 'bubblebath'.

The lightening process:
My dark skin tends to turn greyish when lightening, I have a purplish undertone. This disappears over time to reveal yellow/red tones, and then turns golden high yellow. Knuckles begin to fade. Some small scars can be more noticeable somehow but it fades/evens out stretchmarks.

Additional Tips:
Wear a neckscarf and a hat.

Results so far:
Noticeably lighter skin. Golden tone. No acne or spots whatsover. Even tone. Brighter complexion. Noticeably softer skin. Healthy conditioned skin.
People will compliment you on this. You look better and brighter in photos. Improves confidence (if you need it). You wear less make up. You'll probably want to whiten your teeth for the overall superstar look. Im not joking.

End note:
While this is a skin lightening method, Ive found the eveness has done me wonders. The improvement of my skin has been amazing. People not looking to lighten, but even out may find this quite useful...

Phew!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oooh - what would be really cool is if you guys could maybe do your own 'similar form' with your feedback in this post...that would be interesting too

xx

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and i thought id add, as an avid fan of ANTM, some photos of dark and light skinned girls with wonderful complexions

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
and i thought id add, as an avid fan of ANTM, some photos of dark and light skinned girls with wonderful complexions
So happy to hear from you again Nina...Is Eva considered light skinned? (the last one)? i was just wondering.. its so strange to me where the dark/light line is as some considered dark and some considered light are rather close in complexion..Also, where do you get Retin A 2.5%?

·
Registered
258 Posts
ok nina so i started the new regime as well, been using it for a couple of days , so no results yet, the only thing i dont like is how sticky the dpf is, but ne who ill update you on my results in a week

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok nina so i started the new regime as well, been using it for a couple of days , so no results yet, the only thing i dont like is how sticky the dpf is, but ne who ill update you on my results in a week
Yeah, it takes some getting used to. spread it on thinly, it absorbs quicker. cant wait to see how you do! x

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
nina how long have you been lightening and what skin tone did you start of with, and what are you now?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, its been a while, but I think i didnt see results for about 1-2 months. Then again, I was really dark and i was toe dipping in various options before i settled into my current regime.

I was alek wek's colour and am just about iman's colour (as per photos). I have slowed down my lightening because you arent really supposed be using high strengh hq for more than 4 months or so, plus my back has to catch up.

People can now tell if Im blushing - which is a little scary in some ways as it was non existent before.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So happy to hear from you again Nina...Is Eva considered light skinned? (the last one)? i was just wondering.. its so strange to me where the dark/light line is as some considered dark and some considered light are rather close in complexion..Also, where do you get Retin A 2.5%?
i have a source in the uk for the 2.5 - is it me, cos for some reason, I thought thet 0.025% was stronger than 0.010% ??/

Personally, i think eva is light skinned - yeah she has some colour in her skin, which is what i would like - however lighting and photography can make a real difference...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great thread Nina. Wonderful information.
Where can you buy DCL 10 or 20% (glycolic acid cream) ?
What brand of AHA cleanser and cream are you using ?

Thank you!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DCL Glycolic - Ebay
Boots Botanics Skin Brightening Toner (it contains aha, so any toner with this should do)

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
"bump" means she is "bumping" her thread up for the benefit and knowledge of everyone, sometimes information laden threads get lost in the forum with all the other threads after the first page.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Hallo, hallo!

While Im around, I thought Id update you on my experiences in using the HQ serum/compound. I have more confidence in this mixture, so thought to pass on my tips:

HQ Serum:
A simple mixture of 150ml heated dipropylene glycol and 15g hq crystals (10%) lasts me about a week/10 days (using 2xdaily).

Application:
Thinly applied AM, if only doing once a day. SPF always worn in the day regardless of whether I am indoors or out. in PM, I apply retina 2.5% and/or DCL 10 or 20% (glycolic acid cream) on the more stubborn areas.

Can thinly HQ apply PM, after nice long soak in bath (if have time).

Stubborn Areas:
Back of the arms. Knuckles. Knees. Back. The back is difficult to get to/scrub. A sauna/spa treatment can help with this or more vigorous scrubbing of your back yourself.

Knuckes, Knees and back of arms, respond well to glycolic acid treatment. No need to use stronger than 20% in my opinion.

Using glycolic:
Apply twice a day for about 3 days then stop use for a few days to heal. Peeling will begin, a little soreness may ensue. Use with a good flannel in the bath. Bathing over showering, I feel speeds up process.

Peeling effect?:
Fast and horrible. Cover up and moisturise. You will flake sporadically on the softer/gentler parts of the skin. Cannot wear transluscent make up/powder while peeling on your face...

Specific treatment for the face/neck:
I recommend this, because the skin is much softer/gentler. A NIGHTLY application of DPG 10% or Differin Adapelene .1% or A LITTLE Retina 2.5%/1%.

I never apply any of these in AM. At PM, I wash with an AHA facial scrub, cleanse with AHA cleanser and toner (same brand). Sometimes use arbutin lotion if not using HQ.

in AM, just wipe my face with warm cloth, use AHA cleanser and AHA toner. Apply HQ thinly. Apply SPF job done.

SPF:
Use SPF 20-50 sprays/primers. Get SPF15 lipbalms. Always wear lipbalm.

Bathing:
I do use Licorice soap. It can be drying. And Sanex is good for skin. Also use a little of it as a 'bubblebath'.

The lightening process:
My dark skin tends to turn greyish when lightening, I have a purplish undertone. This disappears over time to reveal yellow/red tones, and then turns golden high yellow. Knuckles begin to fade. Some small scars can be more noticeable somehow but it fades/evens out stretchmarks.

Additional Tips:
Wear a neckscarf and a hat.

Results so far:
Noticeably lighter skin. Golden tone. No acne or spots whatsover. Even tone. Brighter complexion. Noticeably softer skin. Healthy conditioned skin.
People will compliment you on this. You look better and brighter in photos. Improves confidence (if you need it). You wear less make up. You'll probably want to whiten your teeth for the overall superstar look. Im not joking.

End note:
While this is a skin lightening method, Ive found the eveness has done me wonders. The improvement of my skin has been amazing. People not looking to lighten, but even out may find this quite useful...

Phew!
How long do you used your HQ serum...?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts