Skin Care Talk banner

HTY GOLD for Crepe-Paper Skin

22K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  danigirl 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever tried this cream ? It's for face and body . I've been looking for a body lotion for this problem and stumbled across it in an ELLE magazine. If anyone has tried it with good results please let me know.

Thanks a bunch ,
Kelley

#3 ·
I found this on their site;

"Elaeis Gaineenis (Palm Oil), Red Elaeis Gaineenis (Red Palm Super Olein)
The above ingredients are rich in Tocotrienols, Tocophorols, CQ10, Apha Carotene, Beta Carotene, Vitamin A, Vitamin D & Vitamin E"

It looks like a good cream but it cannot possibly be worth $180. You can get ceramides, lipoic acids, vitamin A and E in all kinds of forms, CoQ10, natural anti aging oils like rosehip and pomegranate and more in a jar for $25-35. If you don't have more money than you know what to do with you can spend them much better.

#9 ·
Funny you should mention it, I have been thinking about adding a vitamin C step to my skin regimen, but because I have focused on the peptides, the sea weed extracts and the matixyl type of ingredients I have set it aside for a while.

I am just recovering from a horrible cold (fever head ake and all), and have not had either the energy or the disiplin to do anything
I have to read up on ingredents that go well together and that don't, to go a step furter.

Some of the serums blend surprisingly easily, some ingredients take a bit of persuation to blend nicely.

#11 ·
I was really interested in this as this is my problem--I suddenly--in the last few months, developed crepe-paper skin. It happened almost overnight and I am attributing it to either over-exfoliation and use of abrasive exfoliation methods, high AHA's and scrubs or otherwise it is from using a sunbed which suddenly caught up to me. Either way it oddly started at the same time I was trying to erase pigment variations with an aggressive exfoliation regimen.

That said, I looked at this price--it is crazy! It would last me a few days as generous as I am with creams! I really need help finding an alternative to these products if anyone has any suggestions?

#12 ·
You know I try everything I can get my hands on.....what is working right now for crepy skin on my arms and legs is Raw Virgin Organic Coconut Oil. I rub it in well after bathing and loofah-ing. Then I rub it in again several times a day and before bed. Smells yummy! Not an overnite cure, but I am seeing some improvement after a week now. If you use self-tanner, this deepens the color and makes it glow.

I use it on my face too, but only a tiny bit as it can cause breakouts sometimes. I rub a little between my palms and pat it on - doesn't look greasy - just glowy.

Raw Virgin Organic Coconut Oil - Jamaican Gold - How is it Made?

I found mine locally at a health food store.

#13 ·
Blue i have to say im very interested in your recpie ideas, i myself have bought on book that is on order on today from amazon recomend by a friend however though i must admit so far i buy the hyaluronic serum but would love to hear when you have the time how you make your serum, so far im not using vit c on my face, i find myself that the Green Cream is exfoliating enough on my face, and dont want to over do the exfoliating!
However though i have purchased a bottle of CoQ10 and liposomes, hopefully though the book i have bought will help explain if i can put these 2 things together or not but hey guess its all about trial and error!

Fawnie i have to say im a big fan of cocunut oil and shea butter whever i want to give my face a break of an anti aging routine these are the two things i always use!

#14 ·
I bought some yesterday. I bought tons of products but one shocker product was Burt's Bees which has carrot oil, palm oil, coconut oil etc and it was very inexpensive and does wonders! I was surprised. I also bought jojoba oil, virgin coconut oil, a combination massage oil with both in there, and twin labs pure vitamin c liquid.

With self-tanners do you not find it comes off unevenly when you exfoliate? My fear of self-tanners is down to several attempts with them and each time I ended up getting a very uneven color. Same with a professional spray tan due to my exfoliation regime. Certain areas need more "exfoliating" as they have more dead skin build up and as a result the tanners seem to come off these areas almost in chunks. My decollete was the worst! I had started a regime for a while, had not tanned and then went to get a spray tan a day before I had to go to a work event out of town, in a hotel in the middle of nowhere. By the second night I looked like I had leprosy and all the bronzer in the world did not work to cover it!

#15 ·
BTW here is an article recommending the product. I just googled crepe paper skin and came up with this then saw them mention this product. It looks like it may be worth it if I cannot find another Palm Oil product.

On this subject it is interesting that the article talks about the dryness effect because I use so many products that I think my skin has become almost one layer of "callous" which in turn has dried me out completely and may be what is to blame for my crepe-paper skin suddenly appearing at the same time I got serious about skin care!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.