Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone doing this...again?
It's great exercise and you only need to do it in 2 minute spurts for it to be a good aerobic workout.
It seems that the trick is finding the right size and weight hoop. The kiddie hoops won't work for adults. The hoop should stand on end as high as your waist or nipple height and be heavy enough to give you a good workout.
Still trying to find one my size...I may end up having to make one!
Any ideas??

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
153 Posts
I LOVE Hula! My Dad made me the best one ever from some cool tubing from Princess Auto. : )
My daughter has fun with it too, but she likes to ring it around her neck & make funny faces ; p

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I LOVE Hula! My Dad made me the best one ever from some cool tubing from Princess Auto. : )
My daughter has fun with it too, but she likes to ring it around her neck & make funny faces ; p
Excellent! I'm getting ideas about what tubing to use...but how did he connect the ends??
I went to WallieWorld but all they have is the kiddie sizes. No fun with them at all.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think he used some kind of epoxy adhesive on the ends and butted them together, then there was a small piece of fabric-like stuff that was also 1-side adhesive.
Daddy can never throw anything out - there is always an alternative use for it ... He made a "chandelier" out of small juice bottles & tiny blue lightbulbs.

I think we're related to Red Green LOL

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
You go Fawnie.

It's pretty amazing what kind of work-out you can get with simple things like a hula-hoop or even a jump rope.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, Walmart has them, but only the kiddie sizes, which just don't work for anyone taller than 4 feet! The hoop is supposed to stand on its end as high as your waist or nipple level. The heavier the hoop the better the workout apparently. Some are water-loaded. BOOM! chukka BOOM! That's a whole lotta hip action!

They want $15USD on the site that Mom was gracious enough to provide plus $13 S&H. I'm going to try to make some, but may have to resort to that site if all else fails. Anyone besides Stiletto's dad ever make one?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
You go Fawnie.

It's pretty amazing what kind of work-out you can get with simple things like a hula-hoop or even a jump rope.
Makes me want to dust off my roller skates and go for a spin around the country side! I live in farm country, dairys, almond orchards, strawberry fields, etc. If these farmers saw me passing by on roller skates, I would be the talk of the town, no doubt!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I also found this one on Amazon.com I dont think it will paste the item, but if you go on Amazon.com that is where I found this one for $8.00

$8.00
+ $8.00shipping

* LOW ITEM PRICE

\t
New
\t

Seller: eeeOutlet
Rating:96% positive over the past 12 months (203 ratings.) 203 lifetime ratings.
Shipping: In stock. Processing takes an additional 2 to 3 days for orders from this seller. Ships from CA, United States. International shipping available. See Shipping Rates. See return policy.
Comments: Brand new sealed from factory. This item has no sponge covering, hard plastic material only.

·
Registered
231 Posts
you go girl!!!!!! who knows maybe you could start your own "stop the aging" video. You could demonstrate how to make vitamin c serum, then include a "how to hoop" segment. LOL

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HahA oh you mean on YouTube???!
Oh yes, but then I'd have to get someone young and lovely like taradene to actually stand in for me for the taping!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
538 Posts
I did the hula hooping yesterday, I purchase 1 for me and 1 for my future grand daughter, we had fun, she was better at it than me, she's 6 years old..............LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK, I've tried and tried, and I CAN'T hoola-hoop anymore! What's the matter?? I'm not over weight and I have a waist smaller than my hips, so what am I doing wrong? I used to be able to do it forever! lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
Are they still sold in stores? Maybe I should go back to belly-dancing.
Belly dancing, the best exercise in my opinion. If you know how to work that waist, it gives you the Beyonce figure 8, u know the curves and all, makes you tiny in the middle and tight in the bottom
, I just love it

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, I've tried and tried, and I CAN'T hoola-hoop anymore! What's the matter?? I'm not over weight and I have a waist smaller than my hips, so what am I doing wrong? I used to be able to do it forever! lol
JTM,

You probably don't have a big enough hoop. It should stand on its end and come up to your waist or nipple line to be the right size! You aren't 7 yrs old anymore! Newsflash!
I found one at Wallie World that was big enough, or you can go online and find one.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 64 Posts