Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried using hydroquinone 2%, but only very inconsistently for about 4 months on the darkest part of my body (the elbows/knees, very dry). Has anyone here had success lightening their full body a few shades or anything on hydroquinone 2%? I've considered ordering 4%, but I really would rather not do something potentially illegal (4% only by documented doctor's prescription in USA)...it's not worth getting into trouble over.

I've picked up my routine again from where I left off, but now I'd like to try it on a full body scale. I've only been doing it for 2 days now, and here's what I've been doing:

-First I'll shower, exfoliating skin with clean & clear w/ microdermabrasion beads

-Then I'll apply it onto damp skin for better absorption (the 2% hydroquinone cream).

...Has anyone had good results using 2% hydroquinone alone? I've seen lots of negative feedback from people looking to lighten beyond their natural melanin content when it comes to 'natural' skin whiteners, and creams made in some faraway land (Bio Claire, Fashion Fair, etc.) were once tempting because they lighten so well, but the idea of steroids is frightening.

I have explored the forum for a long time and I find that people have had great success using Retin A combined with their hydroquinone...if I combined this with hyd. 2%, would I see some noticeable result?

-And could I find Retin A in a physical store or place (not online?). If so, where?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
no you could only get Retin-A online without a prescription and they are GREAT quality and within budget, and im guessing you are pretty sick of thesis writing. I know I am

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Antithesis, if you are decidedly brown to black skinned, 2% HQ is a waste of your $$$. Over 4% is by prescription only in the US & here in Canada too. You CAN get 4% & it is not illegal. 2% can lighten & brighten fairer Asian & White skin but for darker skinned people it is all but useless. As for Retin A, that you need a prescription for to get at a pharmacy BUT you'll spend as much as $40 per tube for something you can get for $3 or so/tube (I've been doing this for months). A derm can give you a 'script' for RA & HQ but why throw your money away?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^If it's not illegal, then I'll go for it! I think 4% would work better for me than what I am currently using...I'll try to come into some in recent time...thank you

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The source most of us here use is the least expensive we've been able to find & the product is 100% authentic. You CAN find HQ4% creams in Can & USA BUT you'll pay many times more than you have to. When I began my lightening back in Jan, I was using Can brand Neostrata HQ4% & it was costing me 36$ for a small tube. At alldaychemistdotcom I get more of it for next to nothing & it works just as well. I also get Retin A (tretinoin) there too. Just something to think about.

Reactions: BonBon88
1 - 5 of 5 Posts