Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive ordered 4% hydroquinone ,from the net,will customs let me have it as its illegal .im worried as ive spent lots on it,
ps if its not allowed in where can i get it from in england cheers

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Several UK members have been complaining about this issue. Like in some parts of Europe, HQ is a prescription only compound. I hope they can get it to you past customs!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
u say its precription but uk drs or derms will ovbiosly not prescribe it.so if my order cant get get through customs where can i get it from ,and will the site i orderd from refund me,
i just dont get why its illegal in england and legal everywhere else.

and what can uk people use thats as good as 4% hydroquinone?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump for info please

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
come on people what cream works as good as 4% hydroquinone that i can get shipped to my country

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Should be no problem. I ordered many things that were banned in UK, melatonin was one, and never had a problem. UK customs is known to be lax and they even recommend to European residents that want to get things into EU to have them shipped to a friend in UK then sent on.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lexi nice1 i was worried when i heard it was illegal .so it will be in england soon thanks for the info

·
Registered
670 Posts
You're in a rush. You need to slow down before you hurt yourself. This board isn't that busy that you need to bump this type of post so close back to back all day.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Try ordering from a l l d a y c h e m i s t . c o m Someone else in the UK on here ordered from them & got their package.

·
Registered
172 Posts
As long as your package doesn't say "HYDROQUINONE" on it, it shouldn't be a problem. Just advise the people you buy from to not include any labels, as a precaution.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks peeps.i was bumping cos i was worried as i spent lots on my package then found its illegal so wanted a quik answer ,thanks again for quik responses : )

·
Registered
395 Posts
This is something I was confused about before also. It turns out HQ is illegal to use or sell in cosmetics, but not illegal to purchase in pure form...

good luck with customs!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers nina sky i may look into the pure form too

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Live1,

If you're considering pure HQ, please have a look at what Ninasky and Ondine have suggested, especially in regard to safety, as in pure form, HQ shouldn't be handled anyhow.

I've had Obagi products shipped to me in UK from Canada and these contain 4% HQ. Where are you getting your HQ products from and how much do they cost?

All, I'm having a problem placing an order at ADC using visa. I've been in touch with them a couple of times and they're suggesting to use other payment methods but I've said to them visa is convenient for me. I'm still waiting for their response on whether their online payment method is faulty. This is very frustrating as this is the only source I know will ship to the UK and also because its a delay considering the time you wait for the products to get to you. I've checked for any issue on my end with the visa but all well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Lexi, thanks for your reaponse. Did you get the "Fraud" error? Will erase cookies and try again. Why first order do you suppose?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got that same error too. I assumed it was because I was in the UK, but you say that they do ship HQ to the UK... I don't know, maybe it is a temporary glitch. I hope so, their prices and chemicals are great value, even worth the horrifying shipping costs.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The shipping costs are high but the product prices are so low that it's worth it. They can fit several tubes in one pack for the same price so getting several is a good idea.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts