Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After trying just abt everything u can find, i have to say HQ is abt the only thing that really lightens. In order to make it penetrate you have to use glycolic acid. If u feel dry, apply some illumination fluid on it. Once u've reached your goal, use just once a day to mantain.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Nikesh, did you just ask & answer your own question? Unusual...YES HQ4% will safely lighten most complexions. The darker & thicker the skin, the longer it'll take & you may need to apply it 3x/day. You don't absolutely need glycolic acid, but exfoliants DO speed the process if your skin tolerates them well. Nikesh, I posted an incredibly useful article re HQ that you ought to take a look at. It'll answer many questions that arise. Every time I read it, I spot something I'd missed.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hey Goddess, how are you?

I'm fabulous, thanks!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
hee!hee!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys im new here. I just thought i was alone but in here i feel like we one huge family. Thanks guys. Lots of hugs

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Any time, Nikesh. A sense of humour spares a person much grief.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Nikesh, did you just ask & answer your own question? Unusual...YES HQ4% will safely lighten most complexions. The darker & thicker the skin, the longer it'll take & you may need to apply it 3x/day. You don't absolutely need glycolic acid, but exfoliants DO speed the process if your skin tolerates them well. Nikesh, I posted an incredibly useful article re HQ that you ought to take a look at. It'll answer many questions that arise. Every time I read it, I spot something I'd missed.
Ahh! Thanks ONdine maybe 3x a day will work for my knees and elbows..

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey ive heard hq is good but doesnt it have side effects like darkening of the skin?...because if it is safe i am willing to use it.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey JAYICE. Hydroquinone will only darken from over use. Once you have reached your goal limit to only nightly use. Also sun screen is a must. If u feel it drying, please moisturise.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hey JAYICE. Hydroquinone will only darken from over use. Once you have reached your goal limit to only nightly use. Also sun screen is a must. If u feel it drying, please moisturise.
Hey.. how long after applying HQ would you suggest putting on your favorite moisturizer??

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
apply moisturiser only when your skin feels dry. It should be a light one. Remember the skin can only get lighter if its balanced. Patience and sunblock is a must.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes it does work, it has worked for me but at the same time the skin can get dark/darker if you're not careful.

So be sure to always wear sunscreen while outdoors or you will regret it.
You don't want to go there.

·
Registered
452 Posts
MsCurious - u r absolutely right! - u can get darker. The reason I have to resume lightening is because after peels, HQ/RA treatments, in years past, I didn't wear sunscreen. My hands (where the treatments were applied) became incredibly darker than they were before the treatments

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
These creams (esp RA) increase skins's sun sensitivity so avoiding sun exposure & using a good sunblock will have to become part of yr routine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts