Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some hyperpigmentation (very minor) after using bp 10% for a week. is this rare?

i am naturally medium tan asian complexion.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Use a Tea Tree Oil cleanser and moisturizer to take care of your acne. Tea Tree Oil is comparable to 5% Benzyol Perozide and not only does it have anti p acnes bacteria agents, it also has antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal, antiviral agents that helps clear up your skin. It has skin healing benefits as well and doesnt irritate/burn your skin and create free radicals which breaks your skin down in the long run like BP does. The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil line sells a wash, tone, and moisturizer. If that is too expensive for you to keep up with then I suggest you buy the Tea Tree cleanser and toner from Puritan.com, click on skincare by the left hand panel.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
580 Posts
What they said. You can even buy 100% Tea Tree Oil for under $10, usually a ounce or less, and use it as a spot treatment;if you can tolerate it. Or you can just get a basic cleanser like Cetaphil and add a few drops of Tea Tree Oil in it.

For your brown spots, you can use natural alternatives such as Azelaic Acid;which is anti-bacteria, brightening and reduces inflammation, so it is great if you want to battle hyperpigmentation and acne at the same time. You can also use Licorice Extract, Mulberry Root, Kojic Acid and so forth.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
i got some hyperpigmentation (very minor) after using bp 10% for a week. is this rare?

i am naturally medium tan asian complexion.
Do you use a good SPF? If not, you will continue getting hyperpigmentation!! It is a booger to get rid of too, so I suggest you lather on the SPF. Those brown spots will not fade unless you use something to fade them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts