Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new and I have searched the many threads on treating hyperpigmentation. I have about 20 post-acne marks on the right side of my face and about 5 on the left side. I know there are many treatments out there, but which ones will not irritate sensitive skin. I find that if I use the wrong thing, I'll get a new breakout and a new mark. It's very frustrating.

Any help from other sensitive girls or guys or anyone at all?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Supergirl 8 I wish I had an exact answer for you but I don't what I did was by flook luck. I had tons of acnee pock marks as well, but I was starting to wrinkle too. I decided that the acne wouldn't go away but I could try to do something about the wrinkles I started "at home dermabrassion" (avon) and by golly it did the trick- on my acnee that is, a little on the wrinkles too. It may or may not, do the trick for you too. Try a test patch before you do it to your face, that is if you want to try it. Good luck and I know exactly how you feel.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Girlllllllll... don't start me to talking about how Makari broke me out! If you want something cheap, good, and will last a while, I recommend: St.Ives Apricot Scrub..used gently and no more than once a week. Also, Nadinola 3%HQ cream. These can cost around $9(together) if you have a Walmart in your area and last a long time if you're only using it for your face. You don't have to smother your face in creams. Use just enough to layer it and you'll be better in no time.

This method will not over cost you and I have sensitive skin and like these EFFECTIVE products.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I should say that I know for certain that my skin has not tolerated any type of scrub lately, not even with my wash cloth.
(and I am not rough with the scrubs)

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
THen don't scrub! Try a gentle masque instead. You can get them for everything from dryness to acne to whatever. This might be better for you.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Oh yeah. Definately leave any scrubs alone then. Sounds like you're getting some type of sensitive inflamation. You will need to stick to only creams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts