Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read several posts from different people getting hyperpigmentation from using ADC's HQ/RA; they avoided sun exposure and used SPF so what gives? I'm quite concern and still in limbo with my ADC order. It's understandable that some get a bad reaction from RA but didn't think RA can cause hyperpigmentation? I thought HQ only does that?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Lansing,

I think this just proves that something that may work for you, may not work for me.
Skin Lightening is a "hit and miss" issue..for a while a certain treatment may work, but there may be a dorment point, where course of treatment needs to be changed.
For me after I stopped using the HQ/RA combination my pigmentation came back with a vengeance, but while I was using it my skin looked great...go figure? Is skin lightening ever permanent or is this a long life battle? These are the questions which plague us (LOL)

Cheers,
Gigi

·
Registered
84 Posts
your skin might just be overly dry/irritated from the RA so its going into defense mode by darkening, a good moisturizer with sunblock during the day prevents that.
Hi LNL,

I have read many of your posts, and find you and Ondine to be quite knowlegable about skin lightening.
I did and still do use a good mositurizer and a separate sunblock, my skin is alright now. At the time of the Hq/RA combination I was using a sunblock with SPF 60, but skin still got darker...
You are probably right about the skin going into defense mode...
thanks for your insight.

Cheers,
Gigi

·
Registered
524 Posts
yup for many dark skin types, in tropical zones especially, hq works as a bronzer not lightener. thats why its banned in many of those countries.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
yes & also in many of those countries, mfgrs & vendors operate with virtually no oversight so the HQ creams often contain dangerous concentrations of steroids & mercury too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts