Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I don't know how to figure out my shade so I'm just gonna post pics of the many different shades of my body and the shade I'd like to be.

There's an overwhleming amount of info on this site. Can you guys point me in the direction of--or even just writing it in your own words here-- where to find a routine to get me to my goal? What a realistic timeframe would be? What would go into maintenance? What do you guys do about extreme hyperpigmentation in intimate areas (inner thigh in last pic) And what do you guys do about being outside? I can't just not live my life because I'd like to be ethnically ambiguous. I will go outside because I do event planning which usually involves a lot of beaches and time in the sun. I do like to spend a lot of time alone and indoors though.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have the same issue with my private area. It looks very similar to your in texture and hyperpigmentation. I'm going to try waxing instead of shaving and see if that works (with vagina facials). I'll have to get back to you on my finding.

I don't go outside much due to circumstances but when I do I use a zinc oxide sunblock with atleast spf 30 or higher (preferably atleast 50). If my skin doesn't need to be exposed I wear long sleeves and long pants. I also wear a cute hat if jogging. If my skin needs to be exposed (beach, or just trying to look sexy - I use my sunblock and reapply when needed).

I have much darker skin than you (caramel African American), so I don't think I can help much regarding information on the time frame and regimen but hopefully one of the South Asian members can assist.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same issue with my private area. It looks very similar to your in texture and hyperpigmentation. I'm going to try waxing instead of shaving and see if that works (with vagina facials). I'll have to get back to you on my finding.

I don't go outside much due to circumstances but when I do I use a zinc oxide sunblock with atleast spf 30 or higher (preferably atleast 50). If my skin doesn't need to be exposed I wear long sleeves and long pants. I also wear a cute hat if jogging. If my skin needs to be exposed (beach, or just trying to look sexy - I use my sunblock and reapply when needed).

I have much darker skin than you (caramel African American), so I don't think I can help much regarding information on the time frame and regimen but hopefully one of the South Asian members can assist.
what's a vagina facial?

·
Registered
256 Posts
A facial for the vagina, if that makes sense. Most spas will use various exfoliating, calming and lightening agents to smooth and tone the skin down there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A facial for the vagina, if that makes sense. Most spas will use various exfoliating, calming and lightening agents to smooth and tone the skin down there.
Ah okay. So I just have 2 questions. Sorry. Do you know how many shades lighter I'm trying to get (because I can't tell) and if so, do you have a reference to a routine? A link or your own?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ah okay. So I just have 2 questions. Sorry. Do you know how many shades lighter I'm trying to get (because I can't tell) and if so, do you have a reference to a routine? A link or your own?
Honestly it's hard to tell for me because the undertone is also different. Your skin is more neutral, perhaps even reddish and your goal seems to be more yellow in undertone.

I have a very gentle and natural regi. I was more interested in being the lighter color that the majority of my body is all over (to be even). So I use alpha arbutin (every other day on parts of my body that are darker) and vitamin c serum on my face every day. KA soap twice a week. I'm not sure how helpful that would be to you.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
This tickled me hehe, I don't think they're privy to this process, I would do the facial myself down there lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly it's hard to tell for me because the undertone is also different. Your skin is more neutral, perhaps even reddish and your goal seems to be more yellow in undertone.

I have a very gentle and natural regi. I was more interested in being the lighter color that the majority of my body is all over (to be even). So I use alpha arbutin (every other day on parts of my body that are darker) and vitamin c serum on my face every day. KA soap twice a week. I'm not sure how helpful that would be to you.
I feel like I'm just really pale because it's winter and the pictures wash me out a bit. My color has been described as orange by a lot of people. i actually don't need to use concealer under my eyes because my foundation has orange tones that cancel out the dark circles.

Are you recommending your regimen? I'm not sure if I'm close to my goal or far from it or even where to start and how long I should try before giving up and I really enjoy being organised lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
A mild exfoliating cream/lotion is best for the private area and between the thighs. Together with a gentle wash cloth or sponge for that area, this works gradually for the pigmentation & raised bumps.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Hey y’all I’m back lmao. Anyway. I remember using IKB lotion on my private area a few years back and I used it everyday for a while and it did lighten me. But when I stopped the color came back. Maybe I should’ve used it for more than a month. It’s not really a priority for me right now tho. I have other areas that I want to lighten that people will be seeing. Nobody’s lookin at that area right now #singleAF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts