Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am seeking info regarding lightening hyperpigmentation that does not involve use of hydroquinone. I have tried IPL, Maladerm, Retin A, Vitamin C by Obagi, and now using IS Clinical Vitamin C and Retin A. I am taking HRT, (Went into menopause at 36), use ColorScience sunscreen and wear hats most of the time. Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Kalyani, welcome to the site.

I don't have hyperpigmentation issues but have seen info on it in other threads so hopefully you can find something that will work for you.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalyani

Hello,
I am seeking info regarding lightening hyperpigmentation that does not involve use of hydroquinone. I have tried IPL, Maladerm, Retin A, Vitamin C by Obagi, and now using IS Clinical Vitamin C and Retin A. I am taking HRT, (Went into menopause at 36), use ColorScience sunscreen and wear hats most of the time. Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!

As far as hyperpigmentation, have you tried doing any peels? I had great results with peels, but I also had great results with a product by Sesderma.
Sesderma Kojicol Sesderma Kojicol Plus Skin Lightener Gel

Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome Kalyani I know you will get the help you need here and have fun too!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello Kalyani!

I see you have already tried the use of IPL...there is a somewhat newer technology/procudure than what you may have used before but I have seen awesome results with it. The machine used is made by a company called Syneron and the procedure if called FotoFacial (it must be spelled that way with an F, someone calling it PhotoFacial has not been to the training provided by Syneron which is key in the procedure) it helps so remove any pigment of the skin and can be used on the whole body.

I cant post links yet but check Syneron's web site for a facility near you who offers the treatment.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Some people get hyperpigmentation (melasma) from hormones be it HRT, birth control pills or pregnancy. If the cause is hormonal, so long as you are taking the hormones, the problem may persist. Bioidentical hormones may be something to look into. Apparently melasma is lessened with these. Going to an esthetician for a few treatments of microdermabrasion may lighten the hyperpigmentation too as can a few TCA peels.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Some people get hyperpigmentation (melasma) from hormones be it HRT, birth control pills or pregnancy. If the cause is hormonal, so long as you are taking the hormones, the problem may persist. Bioidentical hormones may be something to look into. Apparently melasma is lessened with these. Going to an esthetician for a few treatments of microdermabrasion may lighten the hyperpigmentation too as can a few TCA peels.
Microdermabrasion is a load of fap, that doesn't work. All these laser treatments and the like should be avoided.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, Thanks to all of you who responded. I just purchased a bottle of Grapeseed extract and I will begin the MSM powder, adding the other products mentioned one at a time. Is the fotofacial a laser procedure. My research on the lasers produced some pretty scary scenarios. I was scheduled for laser last year and cancelled at the last minute. Do the chemical peels leave your face looking plastic or transparent? I try not to spend too much time on this affiction because I have so many things to do already but sometimes it gets me down. One of my yoga students once asked "what's wrong with your face?" Then I knew that it wasn't only my husband who "couldn't see it".
Thanks, again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts