Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I purchase hyuralonic acid serum for the DIY Vit C serum? I ordered it from bulkactives & received the powder. or if I can use this, how do I mix it?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Where can I purchase hyuralonic acid serum for the DIY Vit C serum? I ordered it from bulkactives & received the powder. or if I can use this, how do I mix it?
I bought my liquid at The Personal Formulator.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responding; I went to Personal Formulator to order & they said they do not stock HA; any other suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again Gymrat; I went back to Personal Formulator & found HA; it is listed under Sodium Hyaluraonate instead of Hyaluronic Acid, so problem solved!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Thanks again Gymrat; I went back to Personal Formulator & found HA; it is listed under Sodium Hyaluraonate instead of Hyaluronic Acid, so problem solved!
There you go!!

I have the powder too, but the liquid is so much easier to use. Keep the powder, it might come in handy for something else.

·
Registered
10 Posts
mix the powder form of HA with 1 drop of glycerin or prop. glycol before mixing it into your dissolved actives, then stir well. It should complete mix within a minute. I don't know why people are buying the liquid when they have the powder for. The liquid form is more confusing because you have to take into account the 1% solution of HA. When making a 1% HA formula, adding 1% HA solution to your serum is about 100 times less than adding 1% of pure HA powder.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Tashalp, I've read in some places it works (it's in a lot of skin products now), and in others that it doesn't. Dr. Pickart of Skin Biology (the copper peptide guy) has a few things to say about it here.

You can also take it internally in the form of supplements (with collagen in some cases). I've read on other forums that it gives results with time, but have only just begun using it.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
mix the powder form of HA with 1 drop of glycerin or prop. glycol before mixing it into your dissolved actives, then stir well. It should complete mix within a minute. I don't know why people are buying the liquid when they have the powder for. The liquid form is more confusing because you have to take into account the 1% solution of HA. When making a 1% HA formula, adding 1% HA solution to your serum is about 100 times less than adding 1% of pure HA powder.
Actually most people here are confused when using the powder form.
How is it 100 times less????
Many people use the liquid HA from here. Sodium Hyaluronate / Hyaluronic Acid - Make your own cosmetics, hair and skin care products - The Personal Formulator
Around a 1/4 a teaspoon liquid equals around 1% HA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Adding 1% of an already diluted 1% HA liquid is 100 times less than if you were to add 1% of a 100% pure HA powder. If you're putting in 1% of a 1% diluted HA in your serum, your final value of HA is significantly less than 1% --about 100x less.

Think about it in this way. You have 2 beakers each with about 99ml of water. In one beaker you add 1 ml of say 100% pure lemonade. You now have a 1% solution of lemonade. The other beaker, you add a 1% diluted lemonade solution. Would you say that each beaker contains 1% of lemonade? The same concept applies to HA powder (approx 100% pure) vs. Ha Liquid (diluted to 1%)

If you're not convinced, go compare prices at different websites. At thepersonalformulator.com they sell. 1 oz of 1% diluted HA for approx 10 dollars. At other websites like lotioncrafter. 10 bucks will buy you approx. 0.7 oz. Thepersonalformulator.com is not selling it cheaper, they're just giving you a lot less of it diluted in water.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Clabbergirl - Thanx! I am looking for the best ingredient to fix my dehydrated skin and have read that Hyaloronic Acid is the thing, but different websites say different things as you have proved! Do you anything that could help?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts