Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I never really took the time to do anything with my skin. Now I am 31 and am starting to try things. I have normal to dry skin, and enlarged pores on my cheek areas on the side of my nose, I have deep forehead lines as well as between my eyes. My face is also no longer plump in the cheeks anymore, and Im have these pockets on the sides of my mouth that seem like they are sagging. I have dark circles around my eyes and puffiness underneath. Crows feet when I smile.
Just recently I ordered Meaningful beauty products, after 4 days I had an extremely adverse reaction, welt-like bumps popped up all over my cheeks and jaw line. ANd these bumps became very dry. So I stopped using it for a few days, but I felt I needed something on my face, for all the dryness. SO I bought some Loreal Revitalize cremes, and boy did they burn my cheeks, I also noticed that they were turning red, like a sunburn. I read online that Eucerine is a good product for sensitive skin, since thats apparently what I have. I was hoping someone here could give me some advice on what is REALLY the best product to use that will tackle my issues but not break me out or cause discoloration.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Boy, I would usually say Retin-A and Vit c serum should rev things up for you, but if you are that sensitive maybe it wouldn't be right for you.

I think Facial Massage and Exercise would be something you could try on your own that would (a) help with the sagging cheeks and mouth pouches; (b) increase the circulation and general health of your skin without any products at all. Maybe just some olive oil on your skin at night for now to settle things down, provided you aren't allergic to it.

There isn't one specific line that is better, but finding the right products can be tricky if you are sensitive. A gentle soap-free cleanser like any on this list would be good:
Rosacea reviews: Cleansers

Go slow until you find things that work and add from there rather than overdoing it and making things worse. Here is a link to some general sensitive skincare guidelines:
Skin Care Basics: Sensitive skin
I hope this helps a little! and welcome!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts