Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my 12.5% peel an hour ago and I have no pain, no shiny skin, no burning no redness, nothing! I have not put on any antibiotic ointment or any thing else, my skin feels dry and I would like to put on some emu oil - is that okay?

I put 2 layers of the peel on my face, neck and chest, 3 layers on my arms and 4 layers on my hands...I used up the entire .5 oz /15 ml bottle.

Has anyone got some advice?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
That is what brought me here in the beginning. I also started with the 12.5% and was disappointed. I would just do the emu oil. That is what I did with the 12.5. You probably will peel but it won't be what you expected/wanted. I always feel better telling everyone to start with the lower peel not knowing your skin and what it is use to. Again you will/should peel you can't tell it but it should happen. You will just look shiny and feel dry for the next few days. Your neck will probably get itchy mine did.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
When you get up in the morning you should see some brown areas also. Do you have freckles or age spots? If so those should turn a darker brown by morning

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks goatlady...no I don't have any age spots or freckles, RA has eradicated them. Did you use a whole bottle?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
No I have only spot peeled for the most part. I did do my whole neck with the 12%. Just didn't give me what I needed. I will do the stronger peel when the weather cools. Your skin will be smoother you will get that. It will be slick as glass. Makes the make-up go nicely. It's just wait now for the peel. Should start by day 4.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Kitskid do not be disappointed. If you do not peel like you wanted too, you can always go up on the % of the peel.

Using the whole bottle I don't think is bad, that is only .15 ml, which isn't very much. Plus you used it on your arms and hands 3-4 layers.

Be patient, time will tell-

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Day #2 of my 12.5% TCA peel...I thought my skin felt dry but I now think my skin is tightening, my neck and chest are red (but not sore) my hands that had 4 layers are a little bit shiny. One thing that is very different about my skin today is that I have aged about 15 years! Maybe that means I am going to peel? I wonder If I haven't reacted like others because I have been using Retin A every day? I have decided just to accept things the way they are and follow gymrats advice and do a stronger peel next time, I think I'll do the 18%.

I just remembered...I hadn't told you I had lots of frosting on my face and neck when I did the second application of the peel.

The weather is so flippin cold here again today I've got the furnace on again!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Yeah you will look "old" and crinkly until you peel. If you frosted that is a good sign you will peel. Just have to wait it out now.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gymrat...Yeah, I look soooo frikin old and I'm starting to itch and frosting is a good thing!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
do anti-aging creams give you age spots? I've tried boots protect and perfect and it seems to dry out my skin and make it look patchy

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have used Boots Protect and Perfect because there was quite a buzz about it in magazines so when I was in London I picked up the entire Boots skin care line but I saw no results with it, now Boots is available in Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart. No, anti-aging creams should not give you age spots.

I don't have any age spots on my face but I do have some on my hands. I am doing the peel to see if I can reduce the wrinkles on my chin, I had a stoke and my face was distorted and it gave me these awful chin wrinkles.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I have used Boots Protect and Perfect because there was quite a buzz about it in magazines so when I was in London I picked up the entire Boots skin care line but I saw no results with it, now Boots is available in Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart. No, anti-aging creams should not give you age spots.

I don't have any age spots on my face but I do have some on my hands. I am doing the peel to see if I can reduce the wrinkles on my chin, I had a stoke and my face was distorted and it gave me these awful chin wrinkles.
Things to help prevent age spots.....quality photostable sunscreen, diet/supplements (DMAE is a good one), vitamin C serum, Retin-A (Tretinoin)
Funny I saw a spot for that Boots product on one of the gossip tv shows. Enteratinment tonight or another one. They showed a line of folks in England waiting outside a shop to buy it. They said how great it was. The next MIRACLE product.

Nothing really miraculous about it as far as ingredients go IMO.
And what percentage are the actives??????

Full ingredient list for Boots no 7 Protect and Perfect

Cyclopentasiloxane
Aqua
Butylene glycol
Dimethicone cross polymer
Cyclohexasiloxane
Glycerin
Dimethicone copolyol
Sodium ascorbyl phosphate
Polysorbate 20
Magnesium sulphate
Phenoxyethanol
Sodium PCA
Retinyl palmitate
Methylparaben
Propylene glycol
Lupinus albus
Carbomer
Butylparaben
Ethylparaben
Propylparaben
Isobutylparaben
Panax ginseng
Morus Alba
Tocopherol
Palmitoyl pentapeptide-3

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
do anti-aging creams give you age spots? I've tried boots protect and perfect and it seems to dry out my skin and make it look patchy
That was how I felt with Glycolic, dry skin, and an age spot came out few months later, and I always put sunscreen.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
peri...I was one of those yahoos lining up outside of a Boots when I was in London! I don't take DMAE, I'll look into that my hands are butt ugly with age spots!

peri...your always such a wealth of information, thank you!

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Day #2 of my 12.5% TCA peel...I thought my skin felt dry but I now think my skin is tightening, my neck and chest are red (but not sore) my hands that had 4 layers are a little bit shiny. One thing that is very different about my skin today is that I have aged about 15 years! Maybe that means I am going to peel? I wonder If I haven't reacted like others because I have been using Retin A every day? I have decided just to accept things the way they are and follow gymrats advice and do a stronger peel next time, I think I'll do the 18%.

I just remembered...I hadn't told you I had lots of frosting on my face and neck when I did the second application of the peel.

The weather is so flippin cold here again today I've got the furnace on again!
Glad to hear it is cold kitskid. That is better for you than having it warm out and the sun shinning in. Try not to moisturize as much as possible. This will speed up the peeling process. I usually only moisturize around my mouth. So, I can eat of course-

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Day #3 of the peel, no peeling going on and absolutely no discomfort - I have not had discomfort with any part of the process. My skin feels tighter today than it has done. I have never applied the anti itch cream, because I'm not itchy. I haven't used the antibiotic cream for moisture, I have just used emu oil.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts