Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having short showers and cold ones too which I'm freezing my *** as it's winter here. Anyway, my excema is at its worst after showers. I have excema on my face in 5 areas. The moment I step out of the shower, my affected areas of skin is white and slimey like I can just rub it off and there's no way I can moisturise at that state. As I remove the skin, it's just like rubber and it becomes more red and feels horrible. It is so frustrating that I can't even shower now as it gets worse.

Help is needed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh, hun that's awful! How frustrating for you! Could you try putting Vaseline on the affected areas before you shower? Add some kind of moisture barrier? I've never done that personally, but it's the first thing that popped into my head. I hope if that doesn't work that someone else has a brilliant idea for you.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My nephew and niece has the same prob, their doctor's said that their eczema was one of the worst they've seen. Go to the doctor to get or buy silk pyjamas. My nephew and niece wears silk pyj's and I've noticed a major difference. Their eczema has calmed down considerably and this has helped them with showers and baths even though my nephew still has to take short showers, but his eczema (because of the silk pyj's) doesn't increse or get worse after the showers . Hope this helps

·
Registered
108 Posts
There's got to be some way you can moisturize. Have you heard of AmLactin or Lac-Hydrin lotions? They're 12% glycolic acid and do a great job of exfoliating those rough cells and adding moisture to the skin's surface. My daughter has eczema and it's very severe on her elbows and arms - this product has helped. She has to at a minimum apply it twice a day just to keep in controlled. She hates the feeling after a shower too, I do sympathize.

Many report good results from using jojoba oil or shea butter as a natural alternative.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi My son & I had this but I didnt have it as bad as him (he was hospitalized) We have used so many products but now Emu oil products...I recommend putting the pure 100% emu oil on yo before you shower they have alsorts of products for this exact prob trust me I tried EVERYTHING....Im not alloud to post urls yet but if you want it pm me ok.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You mentioned it's winter there. My daughter's gets much worse in the winter. Her doctor blames it on dry indoor heat. He has recommended mild sunlight exposure, and in the summer when she's outside, there's improvement. Are you affected by either?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Have you tried a humidifier? My son had eczema really bad would even get scabs. We used a humidifier in his room and it seemed to help him. You might give it a try. Also, I am a big believer in using Emu oil for eczema. My son still uses it after he showers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thankyou all for your replies, much appreciated

Well, I think I'll try the vaseline first and see how that goes. If no improvement, I'll go for the Emu oil.
I don't think I'll put on my heater anymore either. I'll sacrifice anything that may increase the excema

Quick question - When I do apply moisturiser, this is going to sound horrible, but the cream just clogs when I try to rub it in which obviously makes things worse.
Should I leave some cold water on my face while mositurising or pat down dry completely?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Thankyou all for your replies, much appreciated

Well, I think I'll try the vaseline first and see how that goes. If no improvement, I'll go for the Emu oil.
I don't think I'll put on my heater anymore either. I'll sacrifice anything that may increase the excema

Quick question - When I do apply moisturiser, this is going to sound horrible, but the cream just clogs when I try to rub it in which obviously makes things worse.
Should I leave some cold water on my face while mositurising or pat down dry completely?
No don't dry completely. Always apply your moisturizer when your skin is damp. This will help you a ton!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am Iranian and 51 years old. I have two children and very avrege life.

I have problem with my face skin around cheek, there is large brown mark both side of my face and I tried evrything but still is there and I don,t want to use too much chmical on my skin becuas I have a very sencetive skin. please help me

THANK YOU

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi I am Iranian and 51 years old. I have two children and very avrege life.

I have problem with my face skin around cheek, there is large brown mark both side of my face and I tried evrything but still is there and I don,t want to use too much chmical on my skin becuas I have a very sencetive skin. please help me

THANK YOU
Hi Sima
Do you think your brown marks are from sun exposure?
Are they rough and peel off from time to time?
It might be a good idea to have a medical person look at them if you have tried things on your own and nothing has helped.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been having short showers and cold ones too which I'm freezing my *** as it's winter here. Anyway, my excema is at its worst after showers. I have excema on my face in 5 areas. The moment I step out of the shower, my affected areas of skin is white and slimey like I can just rub it off and there's no way I can moisturise at that state. As I remove the skin, it's just like rubber and it becomes more red and feels horrible. It is so frustrating that I can't even shower now as it gets worse.

Help is needed
I would like to understand the history of your skin/eczema. For how long have you had eczema? Have you changed your diet or any cosmetics?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I started getting dry skin around 5 years ago which wasn't a problem, but it was until a couple of years ago that excema started to bloom. 2 months ago I saw a doc as it was quite bad and found out it was excema.

For a few months now I've been eating alot healthier such as vegies/fruits, nuts, whole grains.. and lots of water. BTW, I'm a guy too if anyone thought I was female :p

How does Emu oil work anyway? Wouldn't that make your skin look really oily? Are you suppose to moisturise after rubbing in the oil? As you can see I have no idea when it comes to moisturisers and whatnot. :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
I started getting dry skin around 5 years ago which wasn't a problem, but it was until a couple of years ago that excema started to bloom. 2 months ago I saw a doc as it was quite bad and found out it was excema.

For a few months now I've been eating alot healthier such as vegies/fruits, nuts, whole grains.. and lots of water. BTW, I'm a guy too if anyone thought I was female :p

How does Emu oil work anyway? Wouldn't that make your skin look really oily? Are you suppose to moisturise after rubbing in the oil? As you can see I have no idea when it comes to moisturisers and whatnot. :p
Hi Kals, of course eating healthy is good for a ton of reasons, but you could add stuff like salmon and nuts like walnuts for increased EFAs to help with skin (Udo oil is a brand you can use as a supplement if you'd rather.)

And, most oils absorb pretty quickly, esp w/dry skin, though I haven't tried the Emu oil yet, personally.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi kal, eating healthy is good but you have to make sure you're not allergic to nuts. My sons are allergic to nuts, wheat, chicken, beef, eggs etc....* the list is long* My son will start getting eczema, if their food is somehow contiminated by just the tiniest any of the food. Its frusterating as there's limited food for them. One is even allergic to onion.

Had to do blood test for them to check how bad they react to the food. The least would be getting eczema & the worst would be ending up in the emergency.

Should try make a note of things you are eating & see if it triggers your eczema.

Just my two cents

·
Registered
56 Posts
take baths if you can! I bought this stuff from aveeno: SOOTHING BATH TREATMENT | AVEENOÂae Skin Care Products

and I pour some vitamin E oil in the tub and just soak for about 15-20 minutes. Unles ur running around and working out you shouldnt be that dirty, so some days you don't need to scrub.

If you can get to a dermatologist go very soon. If not, try the oatmeal soak, buy some vitamin E oil and jojoba oil and rub it on the affected areas as often as you can remember. I also started taking vitamins, drinking more water, and eating healthier. Don't fret about it, you will fix it! Stress can make it worse :[ good luck *hugs*

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've never been allergic to anything as it would just seem strange if I have some allergic reaction to foods now.
Just never thought I could develop some allergic reaction.
I should of also mentioned this earlier too, but I have an anxiety disorder which ofcourse I get stressed out on a regulary basis. Perhaps this is the trigger?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts