Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I made my first post. I am not sure why I cannot also write in the skin lightening forum? I am anxious to share my journey!

·
Registered
517 Posts
me too! but they don't let newbies cuz fear of spammers and junk! so until you get more post you can share here...im new to lightening and starting to see results
im excited but i cant get much help from the skin lightening section yet besides just reading the threads,which have helped me a ton!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
me too! but they don't let newbies cuz fear of spammers and junk! so until you get more post you can share here...im new to lightening and starting to see results
im excited but i cant get much help from the skin lightening section yet besides just reading the threads,which have helped me a ton!
Yes, I used to try to lighten when I was younger. The ironic thing is that just like my mom, who naturally somehow went from dark brown to high yellow (even really pale in the winter), my body has been lightening a little bit over time and perhaps combined from my efforts when I was a teenager, to a light brown but this isn't even and some parts of me are really, really dark. I am black/a quarter puerto rican and I want to lighten up to my mom's color.

I learned a lot reading the threads too! I'm on a regime of MSM, NAC, alpha lipoic acid, weekly lactic acid peels, spf85 sunscreen and nightly treatments alpha hydroxy acid wipes, licorice extract and alpha arbutin facial massages. lol. I have good metabolism, I expect to see big changes in 2-3 months .. even one month! I'm already noticing the brightness though---it ALWAYS starts with my hands & chest first which are as pale as i wish my face was.. i gotta get rid of my face's permatan.

so anyway... can't wait to get help and advice and share my success

·
Registered
517 Posts
wow thats awesome! i have all the vitamins and supplements your using! and i notice a glow too! as far as my topical skin care i just started with a few products so far, as i have sensitive skin and building tolerance! anyway im sure you'll have great success keep us posted

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi guys, i am new here too and also want to lighten a couple of shades from dark brown to maybe light light brown. Ive been reading the skin lightening threads religiously and get so confused sometimes. I have tried caro light lotion and serum and it helped a bit, I am now doing weekly lactic peels and using carotein cream. My complexion is evening out but i have some scars on my legs that need to go
I want to try glytone lotions but am just waiting until i can find it somewhere reasonable..Finding good stuff for skin lightening in the UK is REALLY hard. Good luck with ur regimes and looking forward to your updates

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi guys, i am new here too and also want to lighten a couple of shades from dark brown to maybe light light brown. Ive been reading the skin lightening threads religiously and get so confused sometimes. I have tried caro light lotion and serum and it helped a bit, I am now doing weekly lactic peels and using carotein cream. My complexion is evening out but i have some scars on my legs that need to go
I want to try glytone lotions but am just waiting until i can find it somewhere reasonable..Finding good stuff for skin lightening in the UK is REALLY hard. Good luck with ur regimes and looking forward to your updates
i know what you mean , it is very hard to find good skin lighteners products in the uk. why dont you try compounding your own? a lot of people have had success with the hq 10% serum for example.
i was a bit reluctant but i will give it a try and see how it goes.
and by the way , WELCOME TO Y'ALL

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! ...

Its been a few days of supplements, exfoliating 2-3 times a day, sunscreen and my mixed up lotions.. i'm debating pouring the supplements into my lotions, i've already done that with the MSM .. and I think it makes a bigger difference. My skin naturally is lightening a smidgen already, my hands and chest area are brightening quickly. I just have a very, very, very deep permatan on my face and neck that is sloowlllyyyy getting lighter! my face would look so much better if it matched my hands and chest which are pretty light, getting to this point would also mean a lot of the permanent sun damage has been erased. anyway, this is hard work. i'm sure after 2 months of disciplined use i'll see big results..

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Welcome, you need to have at least 15 posts before you can enter the skin lightening threads. Start posting on other threads but the Introduction and games threads do not count.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i know what you mean , it is very hard to find good skin lighteners products in the uk. why dont you try compounding your own? a lot of people have had success with the hq 10% serum for example.
i was a bit reluctant but i will give it a try and see how it goes.
and by the way , WELCOME TO Y'ALL
At first i wanted to do it and searched for a long time to obtain the HQ powder, further reading and i realise its not as easy as it seems and i have a baby in the house so don't want to be messing with that kind of chemical. Have you started compounding yet?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks! ...

Its been a few days of supplements, exfoliating 2-3 times a day, sunscreen and my mixed up lotions.. i'm debating pouring the supplements into my lotions, i've already done that with the MSM .. and I think it makes a bigger difference. My skin naturally is lightening a smidgen already, my hands and chest area are brightening quickly. I just have a very, very, very deep permatan on my face and neck that is sloowlllyyyy getting lighter! my face would look so much better if it matched my hands and chest which are pretty light, getting to this point would also mean a lot of the permanent sun damage has been erased. anyway, this is hard work. i'm sure after 2 months of disciplined use i'll see big results..
Hiya
what are you using to exfoliate and did u do it before starting with the mixed lotions? Exfoliating 3 times a day may be a bit too much, you can over exfoliate and ruin the hard work you put in so far, 2 times a day is ok, morning and evening and if u wanna wash ur face inbetween u can use a mild soap or face wash. What lotions are you using, I was using Caro light but cant find it so am just using my likas soap and carotein cream.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hiya
what are you using to exfoliate and did u do it before starting with the mixed lotions? Exfoliating 3 times a day may be a bit too much, you can over exfoliate and ruin the hard work you put in so far, 2 times a day is ok, morning and evening and if u wanna wash ur face inbetween u can use a mild soap or face wash. What lotions are you using, I was using Caro light but cant find it so am just using my likas soap and carotein cream.
Let me explain my skin, too..

When I was younger, I messed around with skin lightening, but did not use sun protection at all and was in the sun! This gave me a harsh permatan on my face and neck. For some reason, naturally my hands are very pale as is my chest area--I did lighten these when I was younger, they were always the lightest parts of me and they have stayed on their own without maintenance a light beautiful brown (a cappucino nw43-nw44 for the MAC ladies), though this has contrasted with my face.

I ordered my skin regime stuff online and they didn't come all at once. Within the 2 weeks, I've been taking high doses of MSM about 3/4ths of that time--I think this is one of the most active things in my regime--I started with high doses of 10kmg but went down to 6-8k mg a day because it bothers my stomach. I'm taking other stuff like NAC, alpha lipoic acid, even an occaisonal tablet of uva ursi and licorice root (uva ursi cannot be taken daily longterm, and I'm not so sure about taking licorice root pills every day). I plan to also take pypcogenol + grapeseed extract (lol, forget how to spell it) because it's supposed to be 20x stronger than vitamin C. I plan to drink orange juice daily for my vit C and other juices.. maybe I can eventually get the MSM powder and when I have a steady flow of juice take 40kmg doses daily..

As for the exfoliating (since I'm doing so much to my skin already, I do 2 times day--after I've healed from my peels), the air around me is dirty and my skin is a magnet. I have oily skin so my skin absorbs the dirt and I get acne. I also drink soda which gives me acne. Anyway, the dirt is REALLY tough on my skin, as I'm progressing I'm seeing how the darkness of my skin is mostly just dirt and dead skin cells. My skin is tough with the permatan, so for me the heavy exfoliating is necessary and the only way I actually remove all the dirt and dead cells daily.

It's possible my skin has been naturally lightening on its own all alone--this happened to my mother, she used to be an average dark brown up to when she had me, and she is now high yellow, even luminously pale in the winter! My mother definitely didn't skin lighten, she envies my dark skin! Lol. Anyway, it's possible I'm going through somewhat of the same thing, and these lactic acid peels are pulling off the really old skin which is what I need.

The only mixing I've done was put the MSM powder from my pills in my alpha hydroxy (lactic acid/hydroxy acid) lotion I use daily--now the lotion smells likes eggs! LOL. I can deal with it. I've also been doing a couple of other minor things, but everyone needs their beauty secrets.

I think the main active things in my regime thus far, are the strong lactic acid peels, the MSM and other supplements and the exfoliation.

I am going to pour the powder from the uva ursi capsules I don't take much, along with the licorice root pills into the lotion and give it a boost... I also poured more lactic acid in my lotion to give it a boost. And of course I use SPF85 that I apply twice to protect my skin--I already learned the hard way what not using sunscreen while lightening does!!

O, as for the results, I am mainly just talking about my face, neck, chest, arms and hands... I am going from the top down, baby! Lol. When I get it, I am going to be doing 85% lactic acid peels once a week from neck to toe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts