Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, so I thought I'd share my experience with those who are still struggling with acne. I had acne from about sixth grade all the way up to college, and it was AWFUL. I broke out on my face, chest, back and upper arms all the time. I tried practically every OTC product with no success.

My freshmen year of college I finally went on Accutane. Despite all the dangerous side effects they warned about, my experience with it wasn't too bad. I definitely experienced dry lips, a little bit of aches and pains when working out, but on a positve note my oily skin was completely gone, my skin didn't dry out either, and NO breakouts while I was on it. I was supposed to take the drug for 5 months but stopped early, after 3 months, because I experience hyperpigmentation on my face. It was BAD. I am an African American female with naturally dark skin, but while on accutane the skin on my face and neck turned atleast 3-4 shades darker than the rest of my body!!!

I was one of my doctor's few African American patients on the drug, so the best she could tell me was "white people turn red when their on it, so I guess you're turning darker because you're black" (she didn't say it in those exact words, but that's basically what she said). Anyway, with no real answers from my doctor, I was very worried that my skin would not return to it's natural color afterward, so I ended the process early. For the first 3 months after I stopped my skin remained perfectly clear, but by month 4 the oil on my face returned, and by month 5, when my normal color had mostly returned. I was breaking out all over again, just no more cystic acne(a lot pimples though)

By this time I really thought there was no hope for me, but finally I decided to try a product called Nature's Cure. It's a homeopathic remedy you can buy in any drug store for less than $10, and it includes chewable tablets and a benzol peroxide cream. This product was my MIRACLE. After a few weeks my acne was GONE again. I stopped taking the oral tablets once I cleared up, but continued with the cream. That was at least 7 months ago and thank God I am still clear!!! I don't know what this stuff does, but it works lol. For anyone still struggling I strongly suggest you atleast try this product. It has a lot of great reviews online, it's cheap, and it's natural so it won't harm you. Good luck to you all!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Wow sorry to hear Accutane didn't work for you. It doesn't work for all, but it worked for me and I can't thank it enough!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have acne prone skin as well, and I tried the accutane stuff. I had horrible side effects, so then my dermatologist put me on an anti-biotic but that ended up giving me severe and chronic yeast infections. So now I found this great stuff called blemish guard made by a company called Kal (you can get it at wholefoods or online). Its a supplement that is all-natural and organic. I love it! And for spot treatment I was using the pink lotion by Mario Badescu, which is really expensive. Then I found the company that actually makes the stuff- they are called Professional Solutions and they call it Blemex. It's about half the price if you buy it directly from them. That stuff is the best- I put it on the few pimples I get before I go to bed and the next day they are gone. Sometimes it might take two days. That combination is what's worked best for me, but then again everyone's body is different

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, so I thought I'd share my experience with those who are still struggling with acne. I had acne from about sixth grade all the way up to college, and it was AWFUL. I broke out on my face, chest, back and upper arms all the time. I tried practically every OTC product with no success.

My freshmen year of college I finally went on Accutane. Despite all the dangerous side effects they warned about, my experience with it wasn't too bad. I definitely experienced dry lips, a little bit of aches and pains when working out, but on a positve note my oily skin was completely gone, my skin didn't dry out either, and NO breakouts while I was on it. I was supposed to take the drug for 5 months but stopped early, after 3 months, because I experience hyperpigmentation on my face. It was BAD. I am an African American female with naturally dark skin, but while on accutane the skin on my face and neck turned atleast 3-4 shades darker than the rest of my body!!!

I was one of my doctor's few African American patients on the drug, so the best she could tell me was "white people turn red when their on it, so I guess you're turning darker because you're black" (she didn't say it in those exact words, but that's basically what she said). Anyway, with no real answers from my doctor, I was very worried that my skin would not return to it's natural color afterward, so I ended the process early. For the first 3 months after I stopped my skin remained perfectly clear, but by month 4 the oil on my face returned, and by month 5, when my normal color had mostly returned. I was breaking out all over again, just no more cystic acne(a lot pimples though)

By this time I really thought there was no hope for me, but finally I decided to try a product called Nature's Cure. It's a homeopathic remedy you can buy in any drug store for less than $10, and it includes chewable tablets and a benzol peroxide cream. This product was my MIRACLE. After a few weeks my acne was GONE again. I stopped taking the oral tablets once I cleared up, but continued with the cream. That was at least 7 months ago and thank God I am still clear!!! I don't know what this stuff does, but it works lol. For anyone still struggling I strongly suggest you atleast try this product. It has a lot of great reviews online, it's cheap, and it's natural so it won't harm you. Good luck to you all!
Thanks so much for the info!! I also tried Accutane but stopped after about 6 weeks because of the hyperpigmentation issue. Mine looked like a 5 o'clock shadow!!!! I have seen Nature's Cure at Walmart. I'll definitely give it a second look. Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
That stuff isn't natural.. so it's really not "natures cure" that's why I won't try it. If I ever get really desperate I might though because I would save 10 dollars a month taking that instead of the all natural acne supplement I'm taking now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That stuff isn't natural.. so it's really not "natures cure" that's why I won't try it. If I ever get really desperate I might though because I would save 10 dollars a month taking that instead of the all natural acne supplement I'm taking now.
What have you found unnatural about natures cure? i recommend it all the time! It worked great for me and haven't had complaints from anyone I know has used it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello everyone,
i'm new to this forum, so i thought i'd share my experience with those who are still struggling with acne. I had acne from about sixth grade all the way up to college, and it was awful. I broke out on my face, chest, back and upper arms all the time. I tried practically every otc product with no success.

My freshmen year of college i finally went on accutane. Despite all the dangerous side effects they warned about, my experience with it wasn't too bad. I definitely experienced dry lips, a little bit of aches and pains when working out, but on a positve note my oily skin was completely gone, my skin didn't dry out either, and no breakouts while i was on it. I was supposed to take the drug for 5 months but stopped early, after 3 months, because i experience hyperpigmentation on my face. It was bad. I am an african american female with naturally dark skin, but while on accutane the skin on my face and neck turned atleast 3-4 shades darker than the rest of my body!!!

I was one of my doctor's few african american patients on the drug, so the best she could tell me was "white people turn red when their on it, so i guess you're turning darker because you're black" (she didn't say it in those exact words, but that's basically what she said). Anyway, with no real answers from my doctor, i was very worried that my skin would not return to it's natural color afterward, so i ended the process early. For the first 3 months after i stopped my skin remained perfectly clear, but by month 4 the oil on my face returned, and by month 5, when my normal color had mostly returned. I was breaking out all over again, just no more cystic acne(a lot pimples though)

by this time i really thought there was no hope for me, but finally i decided to try a product called nature's cure. It's a homeopathic remedy you can buy in any drug store for less than $10, and it includes chewable tablets and a benzol peroxide cream. This product was my miracle. After a few weeks my acne was gone again. I stopped taking the oral tablets once i cleared up, but continued with the cream. That was at least 7 months ago and thank god i am still clear!!! I don't know what this stuff does, but it works lol. For anyone still struggling i strongly suggest you atleast try this product. It has a lot of great reviews online, it's cheap, and it's natural so it won't harm you. Good luck to you all!
am new here and just read your message. Am glad that you found the nature's cure w/c i haven't heard of. But just want to tell you that this is some sort of miracle is because it has benzoyle peroxide! Bp dries up the acne that's why. Thanks for your post and will look for that nature's cure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
same here my sis and I had bad acne and Benzoyl peroxide worked wonders.salicyclic acid cleansers also helped a great deal. Another thing that really helped my sis (who had much worse acne than myself) was when she started working out regularly..i think the all the sweating may have helped (maybe). Glad you found something that worked for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts