Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried using Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser with Orange oil...it works amazingly! at first i thought it would dry up my skin because it made my skin tight but it didnt really dry it out at all...i put Pond's moisturizer on my face afterwards just in case...it cleared my skin up within a week and kept it that way...my skin isnt oily either!...ive been having trouble finding a big bottle of it in stores. i think you have to buy it online...or you can buy a sample pack at cracker barrel and places like that...they have the mini bottles in them...since i cant find the bigger bottles of the orange oil facial cleanser i bought a peach one...i havnt tried it yet but ill post as soon as i get the results.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I will try it too coz I suffer from very oily skin as well unfortunately.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I tried using Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser with Orange oil...it works amazingly! at first i thought it would dry up my skin because it made my skin tight but it didnt really dry it out at all...i put Pond's moisturizer on my face afterwards just in case...it cleared my skin up within a week and kept it that way...my skin isnt oily either!...ive been having trouble finding a big bottle of it in stores. i think you have to buy it online...or you can buy a sample pack at cracker barrel and places like that...they have the mini bottles in them...since i cant find the bigger bottles of the orange oil facial cleanser i bought a peach one...i havnt tried it yet but ill post as soon as i get the results.
Love it! Love it Love it!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

Yes your routine does work! Certain cosmetics had probably made your skin oilier in the past.

Products designed as 'anti-acne' products cause a de-greasing effect. This has a knock-on effect because of direct stimulation of the oil-glands and skin remains oily or, even worse, becomes greasier than ever. This can result in acne.

Oily moisturisers such as Pond's actually have a normalizing effect on oily skin.

Grapeseed oil is excellent also. It will sink in quite quickly.

I have learned that the more you try to de-grease an oily skin the greasier it becomes. Oily skin is not tough and reacts badly to the slightest mis-treatment. Your complexion will continue to benefit

Best wishes

redrose

1 - 11 of 11 Posts