Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends and Foes...

I'm back from my Vacay... I hope you didn't miss me too much.. I had a wonderful time on my Vacay.. I shopped, Dressed, Rest and Spa.... Kimora is not the only one living a Fab life... NEW CREAM my Creamy Crack Skins
Today I had the pleasure of having a wondering body scrub and body steam... I am trying a new CREAM... it has no NAME.
However is the same cream used by Tonto Dikeh... After my scrub the cream was applied... I think I feel in Tingle sensation on my back and I think it's because ... I had a really good scrub... anyway my Darlings... The cream has a very lovely smell... you can sleep with your significant other when no worries.

Yes the scrub made my polish yellow... the scrub reminds me of a Hammam Bath. So for the two weeks I will keep you posted with this new 9ja mystery cream

LOVE the new SCT layout... looks so professional

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Tell us more. Where did you buy it? How do you know it's the cream used by tonto dikeh? The ingredients?:D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know its Tonto's cream because she was there.... Buying and getting a scrub.. same as me... my friend's friend actually owns the spa.. Crazy but this Spa is 3 blocks from my place...
Girl no one knows whats in these Mystery creams.... I'm just happy to have it... the only question I asked was does it contain Steroids? The answer was NO!
Toyin the lady who makes the cream said to me, " you know my creams will make you white..and you look light enough to me already" ... then I showed her my back and a few problems areas and and explained how i wanted my body to match my face and she Sold me a cream that cost N40,000 = $250.00

That's the only info I have for now. Even the body scrub was a mystery.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You are scaring me, ladies! How can you possibly apply a cream to your body not knowing what the name of it even is & having no clue whatsoever what it contains?!? I don't care what famous person uses it: in places where there's little to no gov't oversight re the preparation, marketing & contents of a product, Skin lightening creams are found to contain dangerous levels of steroids as well as mercury. Many of these creams WILL make you white (if that's your goal) but at what cost? The widespread systemic side effects these products cause over time are alarming & often irreversible.

If you're hell-bent on using this stuff, at least please submit a sample to a lab and have it tested so you can find out what the heck it contains and then make an educated decision about continuing to use it.

Reactions: wura.a

·
Registered
510 Posts
hey chica welcome back,,,looking forward to hear more about this cream oooo,,haha naija and thier mystery creams..
were any other celebs there?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are scaring me, ladies! How can you possibly apply a cream to your body not knowing what the name of it even is & having no clue whatsoever what it contains?!? I don't care what famous person uses it: in places where there's little to no gov't oversight re the preparation, marketing & contents of a product, Skin lightening creams are found to contain dangerous levels of steroids as well as mercury. Many of these creams WILL make you white (if that's your goal) but at what cost? The widespread systemic side effects these products cause over time are alarming & often irreversible.

If you're hell-bent on using this stuff, at least please submit a sample to a lab and have it tested so you can find out what the heck it contains and then make an educated decision about continuing to use it.
Well said... however for me, not a concern... I like to leap and see where I land... I access the situation..... then... tackle the problem..... if there is one. So far no drama with the mystery creams..

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Welcome back miss LatinaBeauty, your avi looks just like you;) Now about tonto, is she white-white or still has pale yellow undertones? has she redarkened? 250.00$ tha's a lot for mystery ingredients:eek: How long will the cream last if you apply i t 2x/day? What's the name of this cream?

·
Registered
510 Posts
all those mystery cream jars look alike ooo,,hmmmmm,did this toyin lady have anything for the lips?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey chica welcome back,,,looking forward to hear more about this cream oooo,,haha naija and thier mystery creams..
Hello darling.... Hope you're well... yes 9ja does have a lot of mystery creams ... and like I promised I will be testing as many as possible. So far my Fave is still CG after a few months of using I have GREAT results.. so we'll see what else is out there.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hey LB im glad you were able to find out what Tonto uses, I wonder if she uses these creams on her face too... but i hope its safe and you get great results. thanks for sharing!!!!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome back miss LatinaBeauty, your avi looks just like you;) Now about tonto, is she white-white or still has pale yellow undertones? has she redarkened? 250.00$ tha's a lot for mystery ingredients:eek: How long will the cream last if you apply i t 2x/day? What's the name of this cream?
LOL on my avi, it's a night cream... Tonto looked HIGH YELLOW and even... including her knuckles. Yes $250 is a lot of mystery cream
. I am applying every night for the next two weeks ... concentrating on my back.. which is my current problem area so hopefully I will see results... I need something for my $250

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey LB im glad you were able to find out what Tonto uses, I wonder if she uses these creams on her face too... but i hope its safe and you get great results. thanks for sharing!!!!
yes the creams can be used on the face.. I asked... but since my face is so light Im only using on my body.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL I just asked here about lips awaiting the BBM

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nice to have you back Latinabeauty, we missed you around here and thanks for the info.....

.......and u too, Ondine. We heard such wonderful things about you. Looking forward to more useful contributions. Welcome back!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice to have you back Latinabeauty, we missed you around here and thanks for the info.....

.......and u too, Ondine. We heard such wonderful things about you. Looking forward to more useful contributions. Welcome back!
Thank you..... its nice to be back... only for a few day I'm off on yet another Vacay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi latina beauty, am new on this blog and coincidentally I live in 9ja also,. Please can u hook me up, i have crazy discoloration on my face.Thank u,

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi latina beauty, am new on this blog and coincidentally I live in 9ja also,. Please can u hook me up, i have crazy discoloration on my face.Thank u,
This is my first day using this cream.. so I don't know what it will do for your face... I use Obagi on my face .. I don't know if this cream works yet.... I do know that Charisma Glow Regular WORKS wonders... if you are in the Lagos area you can get from GRA on the mainland or MegaPlaza on Victoria Island.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts

Thank God, a voice of reason! Shine your beauteous light of reason upon the darkness of ignorance, oh welcome one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks 4 ur quick response. Do u live on the mainland? I tried 2 pm u but I cudnt. I really need 2 ask u some things if u dnt mind.....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank God, a voice of reason! Shine your beauteous light of reason upon the darkness of ignorance, oh welcome one.
Thank you.. your Opinion noted!

1 - 20 of 379 Posts