Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Thanks for a wonderful community here.
My neck is almost 4-5 shades darker than my face and the rest of my body. When I wear makeup I always apply makeup on my whole neck also, and it looks soo good with makeup, my biggest dream is to have a light and even neck like the rest of my body and face so I can wear my hair up and don’t have to wear turtle neck shirts all the time. My skin is a NC45 and my neck is NW60, very warm and almost black. I have read on this site that I need to exfoliate so I will buy the Kojic Acid soap and scrub everyday. But I need help with what kind of lotion or serum to lighten my neck. I live in Sweden and I’m open to order from abroad. It doesn’t matter what it costs, I would pay anything to lighten my neck about 4-5 shades. Please help me, my dark neck is making me depressed and I don’t even want to go out anymore.
Thank you ❤

·
Registered
19 Posts
I find nadinola extra strength to be good for the neck. It's 3% hq and to exfoliate be sure to incorporate a AHA moisturizer like amlactin! But be careful with using kojic acid everyday along with a aha lotion since the neck is particularly a sensitive area. Best of luck!

·
Registered
84 Posts
@amoreehh Gurlll, i understand! My face and neck are the darkest part ot my body naturally. My neck is the hardest to ligthen and I hate it as well. It looks like I don't clean my neck which we know thats not the case with all the exfoilating, soaps and stuff I use lol. But I have I noticed that it is a common trait with the women on my mom side of the family and most are diabetic. So I am thinking its hereditary and a health issue like @lillyjill posted. But what doesn't make sense is other people are diabetic but do not have a dark neck. So I am thinking it is definitely more hereditary in my case. But I totally feel your pain! I am enjoying wearing a mask because at least you can't barely see the line of demarcation as much now when I go out. I have in the past successfully lightened my neck but it took ALOT of hard work and I did find that occluding almost daily with the product on my neck until I started seeing results is what did it. You may have to try occluding with hq and a steriod (only temporarily until it lightens) or any product with sepiwhite in it is what helped me in the past. I need to get back to occluding my neck, it's just so darn uncomfortable and too hot for it. But it's a must.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Hello everyone,

Thanks for a wonderful community here.
My neck is almost 4-5 shades darker than my face and the rest of my body. When I wear makeup I always apply makeup on my whole neck also, and it looks soo good with makeup, my biggest dream is to have a light and even neck like the rest of my body and face so I can wear my hair up and don’t have to wear turtle neck shirts all the time. My skin is a NC45 and my neck is NW60, very warm and almost black. I have read on this site that I need to exfoliate so I will buy the Kojic Acid soap and scrub everyday. But I need help with what kind of lotion or serum to lighten my neck. I live in Sweden and I’m open to order from abroad. It doesn’t matter what it costs, I would pay anything to lighten my neck about 4-5 shades. Please help me, my dark neck is making me depressed and I don’t even want to go out anymore.
Thank you ❤
What worked for me was to do a green peel and then after my neck healed I used Makari lotion, my skin lightened beautiful 4 shades and I was able to maintain using every two days

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What worked for me was to do a green peel and then after my neck healed I used Makari lotion, my skin lightened beautiful 4 shades and I was able to maintain using every two days
Thank you so much for your answer! Did you do a green peel at home or at a salon? I googled it and I found a salon that did it in my city, it takes 3 treatments. Where did you buy the Makari lotion, and what type of the makari? I found several different types on Ebay. Thanks again, this gave me some hope

·
Registered
417 Posts
Had the same issue,Amlactin lotion and Cocoa Glow tube helped lighten it.I still rub cocoa glow on my neck every now and then to maintain.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Thank you so much for your answer! Did you do a green peel at home or at a salon? I googled it and I found a salon that did it in my city, it takes 3 treatments. Where did you buy the Makari lotion, and what type of the makari? I found several different types on Ebay. Thanks again, this gave me some hope
You don`t need to do the green peel at the salon love, just purchase it on ebay and do it at home. Out of curiousity how much was the salon going to charge you for the treatments?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts