Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have really thick dark stretch marks on my lower back and have tried stretch mark creams but they haven't helped much at all.

I am starting to get desperate and am wondering if anyone can help me with covering them up.

Ive heard that some people use tattoos to cover them up.. anyone have any info on this?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Stretch marks are tough. I've pretty much given up on trying to fade them but I am thinking of giving the dermaroller a shot. You might want to look into surgery if the stretch marks are just in a small area.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think they are impossible to get rid of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had horrible stretchmarks and my sister gave me belli stretchmark cream. You can hardly see them now you should give it a try, it did take 3 months to really work though FYI you have to stick with it twice a day. Other than that don't worry about them, i am sure there are far more beautiful things for people to focus on! It is only us that are so concious of ourselves.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
When my uncles girlfriend was pregnant she swore by some sort of body butter [i think from the body shop] and my cousin was a big baby but she hasnt got now stretch marks. Obviously its a bit late for that now but maybe it could still fade them im not really sure?
Or Bio-oil. Ive done loads of answers with this product and a lot of people dont like it but i love it and its really good on stretch marks.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
DukesNeedToChewToo, could you tell me more about bio oil. It seems to be working on my leg scars from shaving. But I have had not had as much luck with my stretch marks with Bio oil. Maybe I should use it more often.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have these marks on my bottom.. and I am just 18, and a guy.
I don't know where they came from. I did get a few inches taller, people said it was because of this.

However... I don't even care about them. Some people say they are rather hard to remove; but there are various surgeries that you can do to get them removed. It inst too expense, either, which is good thing.

Also creams seem to work, but it takes a long time to see results, and you have to make sure you apply it each day and don't lose hope and stop.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hear Cocoa Butter is great for stretchmarks, and you can also try scar cream like Mederma! My mother uses Cocoa Butter and she says it's done a really great job over the years.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Robelyn Labs Elastin3 Advanced Stretch Mark Therapy cream has been working beautifully on my 10-year old and pregancy induced stretch marks. I've tried a lot of different treatments, including Strivetin, oils and creams, and this one is the best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You say your stretch marks a "dark" Well depends quite a bit on what color they are, but as far as i understand that means that they are not yet permanent. When stretch marks turn white the skin has been permanently scarred and at that point they are near impossible to remove.

I dont have any specific product in mind here, but good ingredients in a treatment are cocoa butter, shea butter and also rose hip oil which regenerates the skin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I started to have stretch marks in high school and have gained and lost weight many times since then, SO I've had my share of stretch marks.. dark ones, long ones, deep ones.. on my hips, my knees, my thighs, my arms!

I find that exfoliating regularly (2-4 times per week) with a natural exfoliant (I use Love A Scrub body scrubs -- they are all natural and organic from a fantastic enviro & health minded company) and keeping my skin moisturized is the key. It takes several months of constant effort but I find that exfoliating regularly with something natural helps to feel pampered and refreshed. I moisturize with coconut oil and almond oil during the day (body butters are also great! especially in the winter), and vitamin E oil and a natural jelly at night. Oh, also always drink a lot of water. It will detox your body and skin, and keep you moisturized -- this helps a lot.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Have you tried a mix of virgin olive oil, aloe vera gel, and liquid vitamin E? You could add a few drops of essential oil to the mix (either Myrrh, frankincense, or lavender). I haven't tried these natural remedies myself but supposed to be a good recipe... But i guess it depends on your stretch marks as well...

Josephine

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI, Rina...i tryed this ...it called TriLastin and I order it, it WORKS!!!! one cream cost 80.00 but it WORKS!! let me know how u do, it WORKED for me in 4 1/2 weeks...i told everyone in my family about it, and my cuzens are useing it and its WORKING!!!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I think they are impossible to get rid of.
The ONLY thing that ever got rid of stretch marks on me was a tummy tuck where the skin was cut away. MY PERSONAL OPINION is that they are skin that has literally stretched and TORN and no cream is going to fix that. ::::Shrug:::::

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Have you tried sunless tanning lotion? It can help to minimize their appearance.
Skincare for Stretch Marks
Yup. Fake (or real) tans work wonders for the appearance of stretch marks. I have had them on my hips, thighs and breasts since my teens. Fortunately they are not wide or very long. My thin 21 yr old daughter also has them on her thighs and hips and breasts, and like mine, they are very light and thin. A fake tan also makes a sagging *** with cellulite look much better too. <wink>

·
Registered
62 Posts
u should use bio-oil!
2ce daily.... i've bn using it 4 about 3months nw and mine are really fading away!

1 - 20 of 125 Posts