Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I was out on in the hottest day of the year (36C or 96.8F) for 1 hour! When I got home and looked in the mirror, I thought I looked darker :O Or maybe its me being paranoid lol. Anyways, i did get a little darker but it brings a question to mind, even though I pack on the sunscreen etc. what took weeks to do can potentially become undone in a matter of days. This scares me a lot, because of course where I live is most of the time very sunny and sometimes (like today) im completely unable to stay out of the sun completely. So this is my question,

How long does it take for re-pigmentation to occur while your on the HQ/RA regime in sunlight (Summer sun in the United States and UK probably the hottest days of the year). I know everyone's skin is different and that it would re-pigment or respond accordingly to different products and/or conditions. If anyone has experience with this please let me know. I have looked into the more permanent solution to this, i.e. monobenzene and there are both pros and cons to it. I know will be always give and take, but I don't want to "give" unnecessarily.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hi Reyaz01,

I feel your pain! I hate the sun too!!! Even if the sun touches my face for a few seconds, I think I've lost progress, although I probably am being paranoid. Although three weeks ago I went on holiday with my family for five days, and it was still winter and I packed on the sunblock, I WAS outside a fair bit and I'm sure I darkened
. Hopefully only temporarily.

Sorry I can't help with your question but I'd like to know too. I'm sure the others will be able to help.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
reyaz, I forget hte link but type in "wide brim sun hat" on google and get one that is white in color because white reflects light well, whenever you are going out in the strong sun for a while on a HOT day use the big hat to cover urself, if people say anything dont react or brush it off. Also, get a PROPER sunscreen that works, examples are Garnier Ambre Solaire UV sensitive spf 50+ on ebay or La Roche Posay Anthelios series, Bioderma PhotoMax, Avene Emulsion, google them, they are european brands that are SUPERIOR to the stuff that is found lying around at the store. Order them off the internet.

So in short summary, get the wide brim white hat, and a proper european sunscreen from the list I gave on top.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I can pretty much confirm that 1hr in sun like that can&will darken you even with sunscreen on. This morning while washing my face I moved my hair from that covers my forehead back so I could wash it, and there it was a noticeable tanline from where the hair covered. The skin under the hair was much lighter than the skin around it. I'm not sure if its temporary (is there such a thing as temporary darkening even?) but for some reason I feel very demotivated
I know its just a bump in the road, but this is just depressing lol. Anyways just wanted to share that with everyone, be careful the sun is the devil.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Okay I can pretty much confirm that 1hr in sun like that can&will darken you even with sunscreen on. This morning while washing my face I moved my hair from that covers my forehead back so I could wash it, and there it was a noticeable tanline from where the hair covered. The skin under the hair was much lighter than the skin around it. I'm not sure if its temporary (is there such a thing as temporary darkening even?) but for some reason I feel very demotivated
I know its just a bump in the road, but this is just depressing lol. Anyways just wanted to share that with everyone, be careful the sun is the devil.
Reyaz, I really feel for you and I would be depressed too
. I have been a little discouraged too over the last month after my five days away and it is winter here. Just before we went was probably the best my skin had looked so far and now it's not quite the same. Anyway from what I've learnt on here, with skin taking about four weeks to renew itself, it makes sense that if you keep with your regime, that it will probably be back to where you were within a month. So, yes, just a bump in the road. You'll get back to you where you were I'm sure, so keep your chin up, stick to the program, get one of the European sunscreens that LightenNLift suggests on here and get a wide brimmed hat.

Good luck

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I never go outdoors without my hat, sunscreen and sunglasses!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Been working way too hard to reverse the damage I did in my teens LightenNLift! WAY too hard. Spent way too much money to! But I know what to do now to stop the damage and I may look like a vamp when I go out but that is ok with me.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
its VERY easy to reverse sun damage and everything you accumulated, 1 year tops with the extensive treatment, Retin-A, TCA, vitamin C, those are so potent and scientifically proven to change hte physiology of bad skin so Goatlady you are looking at another year to reach that flawless, ageless skin you want, from then on you will maintain and look like that for as long as you can, so yes you will definitely get there.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Thanks and I am workin' hard on it. I have been using all those things you mentioned and for sure without a doubt they are THE things that WORK. I do also use and love Glycolic Acid. I used it for 2 years before trying the TCA finding this forum and getting the RA. So now I am on my way. Another year............no problem

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've heard a lot about how HQ can make the skin more vulnerable to the sun, thus causing more tanning, even after discontinued use of it. Can only confirm?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
you have heard right lajdnie, it is a fact that all skin lighteners make the skin vulnerable to the sun because with skin lighteners, you lose melanin which makes your skin color, melanin protects your skin from the sun adn makes it stronger as it has a natural spf of 4 or so. Why do you think we get tans when we are out in the sun too long? Because the melanin/tan is protecting our skin from harmful UV rays that can cause skin cancer. SO it is a MUST for you to use sunblock when you are lightening for the rest of your life because you must protect yourself from cancer and burns.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
bumping older thread

I never go outdoors without my hat, sunscreen and sunglasses!
same here! I save my extra cuteness for evenings. lol!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
please help me find a upf umbrella and gloves.. i can't find any in europe which are decently priced.. and gloves are limited :/

·
Registered
210 Posts
Guys, you need to know the difference between Sunblock and Sunscreens. If you want to protect against tanning then sunblock is your answer. Sunblock is often listed in sports magazines especially for outdoor runners and cyclists and and it pretty much blocks everything out. Pick up a mens health magazine and they profess sunblock over sunscreen.

Sunscreen allows you to safely tan whilst protecting your skin from certain rays. Additionally, some sunscreens will expedite the tanning process so look at the ingredients.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dont sunblocks give you that dreaded white cast look though?

Guys, you need to know the difference between Sunblock and Sunscreens. If you want to protect against tanning then sunblock is your answer. Sunblock is often listed in sports magazines especially for outdoor runners and cyclists and and it pretty much blocks everything out. Pick up a mens health magazine and they profess sunblock over sunscreen.

Sunscreen allows you to safely tan whilst protecting your skin from certain rays. Additionally, some sunscreens will expedite the tanning process so look at the ingredients.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts