Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
It will be watery and you have to shake it to redissolve the crystals, but it works! Good luck!
Just a quick question Fawnie: I've just read somewhere on the net, u can swap the glycerin for aloe vera gel? Do u think I can try that instead? The serum won't be too watery in this way?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Pumi why do you swap ingredients surely the vit c wont way in same potent way if you do, if you want to use aloe vera gel why not just use this separetely!?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Where did you buy your ingredients Pumi for Vit C? also you may want to have look at Your One Stop Source for Energy & Longevity has things like hydrocholoric acid tablets online if you dont have time to go to health food store your self
Cheers, NY

I haven't bought my vit c yet but thinking of buying it from Holland & Barett. The prob is I have to get vit c in L-ascorbic acid form for it to be effective in the serum that I am gonna make. Do u have an idea of any other places where I could buy it? The recipe seems simple. It is just the ingredients which are so hard to find. I have to be careful and use the right things in the serum as I am gonna use it on my face. Do not want to have adverse effects!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I've got very oily skin and the glycerin will make my face oilier. By leaving out the glycerin and adding aloe vera gel to the mixture will prevent it from being too watery. But I can do without the aloe vera I believe. The important thing is that the vit c is being absorbed by the skin!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
true true very well researched but just put on before bed or otherwise bed shits get very sticky and yucky! leave a good 30 mins as fawnie told me before putting the next product onto your skin too so each gets absorbed properly! hope it works for ya, where did you buy your products for it?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hi Mushi
I wouldn't use any toner with a C serum, since the serum is an exfoliant itself. Try it without. If you make your C serum without the glycerin it should be fine for your oily skin.
You can find pH strips and everything else you need at Gardenofwisdom.com. And they do ship international!
Ph Strips (100)

You heard it right:
1) c serum
2) moisturizer (or sunblock with SPF of 30 at least. Make sure it has UVA/UVB protection. Avene Emulsion SPF50+ is good, and available in Europe,so lucky you! It is moisturizing enough for most ppl and isn't greasy)
3) makeup
Good luck!
Thanks, Fawnie. You've been very helpful

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Cheers everyone for all ur useful input!

Can I use vitamin c serum to get rid of pigmentation problems such as age spots?
Please advise.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
true true very well researched but just put on before bed or otherwise bed shits get very sticky and yucky! leave a good 30 mins as fawnie told me before putting the next product onto your skin too so each gets absorbed properly! hope it works for ya, where did you buy your products for it?
Noted, NY.
Thanks for ur advice

I have not bought any ingredients yet for my DIY vit c serum. They are so hard to find instore and I do not like buying stuff online... most of the websites have a rather high delivery charge which I simply want to avoid! I will surely inform u when I buy all my stuffs.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hey Pumi have you tried ringing Holland and Barrett up? Im gonna go into the one in St Albans when I have time over next couple of days so Il let you know what they say, if you dont get anywhere or yeah let me know if you have any luck before me please. Did you try the website I gave you link for yesterday they have some good stuff on it as well! Up to you of course but If you are gonna buy stuff online if you buy on credit card and your computer is secure of course you automatically get credit card protection, but I can understand why you dont like buying stuff on line!!!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hey Pumi have you tried ringing Holland and Barrett up? Im gonna go into the one in St Albans when I have time over next couple of days so Il let you know what they say, if you dont get anywhere or yeah let me know if you have any luck before me please. Did you try the website I gave you link for yesterday they have some good stuff on it as well! Up to you of course but If you are gonna buy stuff online if you buy on credit card and your computer is secure of course you automatically get credit card protection, but I can understand why you dont like buying stuff on line!!!
I have seen vit c powder on Holland & Barett website but the ingrdients on the packs is refered as ascorbic acid. I am nt sure if this is the L-ascorbic acid that I am after. But I will have a look instore today n ask someone. Sure, I will let u know if I've any luck. I have not seen glycerin on their website though. Can u help me where to find this?
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
May be we cant get it in the Uk or we will have to hunt around or just buy the stuff the Cellex-c!! If you want just some Vit C to keep you going for couple weeks the body shop stuff was not bad at all I have to say!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
How I would to try Cellex-C. I heard such good reviews on their products but their prices are exorbitant!! Have you checked them already??

Which one do u use frm the body shop? Though I love their products, I've never their vit c range. r they good? which one would u recommend?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I use shea butter and conconut milk for body and vit c and e cream at night, it was quite strong for me the vit c so only used small amount at night but was very nice for my face but if i cant get the ingredients now to make my own one up il prob end up buying from cellex c or is clinical!!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Good idea. I am thinking of buying vit c serum if i can't find ingredients to make my own one up. But I am thinking of a less expensive serum as compared to cellex -c! I have seen some other brands at Boots but I need to check their reviews first and see if they are worthwhile.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Just a quick question Fawnie: I've just read somewhere on the net, u can swap the glycerin for aloe vera gel? Do u think I can try that instead? The serum won't be too watery in this way?
Pumi, I don't see why not! That might be a good thing! Just be sure the pH is 3.5 or below for it to penetrate.

Skin | care | talk

41 - 60 of 67 Posts