Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just did it, I did a patch test of the 12.5% TCA! I let it stay on my skin for 8 minutes and each patch is the size of a Loonie, I did one on my face, at the jawline as recommended, there is a test spot on my arm, my neck and my chest. The only patch were I had any kind or reaction was my chest (decollete) and that spot just had a medium tingly feel. I left the TCA on for 8 minutes because the directions said the acid stops working in 8 minutes and I was having no reaction what so ever. So tomorrow is the real deal I will do my face, arms, neck and chest!

I bought the peel at Make Up Artists Choice (1/2 ounce size) for $36.67 CAD and sandia1, the directions say no shaving for 10 days after you have peeled!

PS: a Loonie is a Canadian 1 dollar coin and it is about 1 1/4" in diameter.

Yahoooo!

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Yahoo is right!! Good luck kitskid. I hope you have great success!! Keep us posted-

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you are not in pain, will you go with two layer?

I bought mine at amazon.com 1.2 oz/35 ml for $20.95 + Shipping & Handling: $8.49

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mariepop...yes I will definitely do 2 layers and see what that is like, you cannot tell that I have even done a test on my face arms and neck. On my chest if you really look you can see that my skin is a little bit shiny. Have you done a peel?

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
mariepop...yes I will definitely do 2 layers and see what that is like, you cannot tell that I have even done a test on my face arms and neck. On my chest if you really look you can see that my skin is a little bit shiny. Have you done a peel?
the second layer will make your skin even more shiny-
I am so excited for you. Wish it was me doing it, still WAY too hot here for me to even attempt a peel-

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gymrat...it was so cold this morning I had to put the furnace on when I got up!!!
I was reading about the peel online yesterday and I just made up my mind I have to do it. I called my sister this morning and she was being soooo cranky even if she wants me to go somewhere with her I won't.
You know, I'm even think I might do 3 layers on my arms...but that's just talk until I do 2 layers.
I thought I would have a bad reaction to 1 layer, I'm looking forward to tomorrow and I don't think have to wait a full 24 hours do you think so?

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
So nice you got to use YOUR heater. My husband said today when he got in from work "I am SO ready for winter!"
Just been a long hot summer here.

Ok so have you applied a layer on your face already? I thought you just did a spot test?

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
You did not answer so I thought I would before I logged off for the night.

I usually apply 2-3 layers 3-5 minutes apart (sometimes longer). I apply a couple layers just to get to the frosting point. For me each layer I apply it burns that much more. (which I like by the way-
)

If you have already applied one layer and you want to apply another, you can. Just make sure your face isn't too shiny and or tight. If it is really tight, I think I would just wait and see what happens with the one layer.

Exfoliate real good before you apply the peel. Unless it is too late and you already have-

Good luck, can't wait to hear how you are doing tomorrow.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh no, what I meant to say was my test patch layer.....I better go to bed....I'm not making sense!!!!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
gymrat...it was so cold this morning I had to put the furnace on when I got up!!!
Here we are having our big heat wave it should last for another 5 days, THAT will be our Summer.

I only did glycolic 30% my face was a bit red, never peeled, and I avoid my nose, I did not want to have a brandy nose. I should have done 2 layers, but I didn't know at that time we can do this. I did it for once a week for about 7 weeks, took a month off and did it for another 6 weeks, and my wrinkles are still there! I only felt my skin very dry so I have put alot of Emu oil.

I'm like Gymrat, I'm waiting for October for TCA when we start to wear long sleaves so I can hide my arm, I want to start with a test spot on my arm to get rid of a wrinkle (yep I have one on my arm) and if it works then I will try on my face.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Yes you can go ahead and do the peel. With the 12.5% you will want to do at least 2 layers since your test spots did ok. Do one layer, wait for 5 min then put on the second layer and YES it will burn on that second layer more than the first. But it won't be nothing like the 18%! You will just look shiny and maybe a wee bit crinkly the next day but that is about it. Then after 4-5 days you should start to flake. If you have RA .05 or lower put that on at night to speed the process unless you get frosty or red then do a thin layer of antibiotic cream, but I doubt you will have any troubles with the 12.5. It is a great way to test the TCA waters without worrying about the sharks

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Yay! I used the 25% I got on my forehead and on the crow's feet area after doing a patch test- WHOA. Awesome! It frosted after the 2nd layer (after like 3 minutes I did the second layer) and SUPER frosting!! So it is much better than having to do 4-5 layers of the 12.5 and that hurt!! It stung, but I only had to leave it on for maybe 5 mins total, if that. My forehead is red today since I did this yesterday. Looks bad sunburned, and tight. I have got to get my pics uploaded!! I'm going to let this peel before I do the rest of my face..... Woohoo. I also did a tiny, tiny area on my chin where I have this "bump" or tiny growth of some kind. It is white and raised a tad. I am waiting on a referral to a derm. I want that place checked out, and I have one more like it on my forehead, but that one is tinier than the one on my chin. My arms have only flaked after using the 15% (which I didn't even put on my face) so in about a month or so I'm going to use the 25% on my arms and backs of my hands again. My hands are still flaking in the center, but they *peeled around the edges and my knuckles.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Ok girls enough about the peels you are making me really JEALOUS!!
I am getting very eager to do one-but.........it is still 100+ degrees out!!

Please, please, please, can it be Fall-

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Ok girls enough about the peels you are making me really JEALOUS!!
I am getting very eager to do one-but.........it is still 100+ degrees out!!

Please, please, please, can it be Fall-
I'm keeping vampire hours LOL! I am going out tomorrow early, to a dental appt and then to get my passport paperwork turned in and since hubby is in Japan, I'll have my kids run errands for me so I can lie back in my dark house and *maybe* venture to the mailbox and that's IT as far as getting out, even though it's August in Albuquerque, and I'm so glad we live on the AF Base- I keep the thermostat on about 69-70 (our power bill runs about 300 bucks a YEAR) and have a box fan & ceiling fan in my bedroom so I'm not hot. Another good thing about here is the humidity is so low that I don't sweat like a pig as I do in the South when it's 90-something degrees. So I'll be a-peeling and chillin' while hub is in Japan.

Edit: I have no qualms about venturing to Wal Mart or Walgreens at 1 or 2 am for stuff whilst I'm peeling. LOL Like, who cares at that hour?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I'm afraid I'm gonna become a peel junkie! I must be careful and not do them too close together. At my age, maintenance, maintenance......

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I was reading about the peel online yesterday and I just made up my mind I have to do it. I called my sister this morning and she was being soooo cranky even if she wants me to go somewhere with her I won't.
You know, I'm even think I might do 3 layers on my arms...but that's just talk until I do 2 layers.
I thought I would have a bad reaction to 1 layer, I'm looking forward to tomorrow and I don't think have to wait a full 24 hours do you think so?
It gets SO cool here at night! HOT during the day, but thankfully not humid, so I don't sweat much if I go out. But at night it's so nice to drive to the store or wherever with the windows rolled down and the cool air blowing in!
Man, I'm gonna be in for a shock when we move back to England after living in Albuquerque for 6 years!! I'm not used to humidity any more! And I'm from the South!

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I'm keeping vampire hours LOL! I am going out tomorrow early, to a dental appt and then to get my passport paperwork turned in and since hubby is in Japan, I'll have my kids run errands for me so I can lie back in my dark house and *maybe* venture to the mailbox and that's IT as far as getting out, even though it's August in Albuquerque, and I'm so glad we live on the AF Base- I keep the thermostat on about 69-70 (our power bill runs about 300 bucks a YEAR) and have a box fan & ceiling fan in my bedroom so I'm not hot. Another good thing about here is the humidity is so low that I don't sweat like a pig as I do in the South when it's 90-something degrees. So I'll be a-peeling and chillin' while hub is in Japan.

Edit: I have no qualms about venturing to Wal Mart or Walgreens at 1 or 2 am for stuff whilst I'm peeling. LOL Like, who cares at that hour?
Sandia- $300 powder bill a year???........that would be a one week bill for us in the summer!! Our power here is SOOOOOOO expensive. That and gas it is so ridiculous.

Going out to WalMart at 1 or 2 am, thata girl, thats my kind of shopper. At that hour those that are out I am sure don't give a hoot that your face is peeling-

Have you ever been to San Antonio TX? I am wondering if it is similar to Albuquerque ? I have never been to Albuquerque, but loved San Antonio. I have always thought it would be neat to live on a base. It is like your own little tight family. Are there people out and about that you can talk to when you get lonely with your hubby away? Like a group of wifes whos husbands are away as well? For that I think it would be kinda cool-

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The air in Calgary is very dry and the average temp. this week has been 50F and 42F at night...unusually cold for this time of year but great for a face peel! Tomorrow (Monday) it is going to be 75F so I'm glad the peel is well in progress. Gymrat we don't just have a heater we have 2 furnaces in our basement plus a fireplace in the family room.....it gets to 35 degrees below here in the winter. That's when our skin dries out and we get wrinkled!!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Sandia- $300 powder bill a year???........that would be a one week bill for us in the summer!! Our power here is SOOOOOOO expensive. That and gas it is so ridiculous.

Going out to WalMart at 1 or 2 am, thata girl, thats my kind of shopper. At that hour those that are out I am sure don't give a hoot that your face is peeling-

Have you ever been to San Antonio TX? I am wondering if it is similar to Albuquerque ? I have never been to Albuquerque, but loved San Antonio. I have always thought it would be neat to live on a base. It is like your own little tight family. Are there people out and about that you can talk to when you get lonely with your hubby away? Like a group of wifes whos husbands are away as well? For that I think it would be kinda cool-
Yeah, it's great living on base and having such a low utility bill. Before privitization, we didn't have to pay anything for utilities. Now rent comes out of BAH (basic allowance for housing) and you pay some in utilities, but wow.... not much! Never been to San Antonio. I just know it's nearly always LOW humidity here and I LOVE IT. I just feel better in arid, mountainous areas! Being from Mississippi, it's a great change from the horrid humidity there. UGH!
Yeah, going shopping at Walgreens or Wal Mart at that hour is my favorite time! LOL I hate crowds... I get mean. LOL

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
The air in Calgary is very dry and the average temp. this week has been 50F and 42F at night...unusually cold for this time of year but great for a face peel! Tomorrow (Monday) it is going to be 75F so I'm glad the peel is well in progress. Gymrat we don't just have a heater we have 2 furnaces in our basement plus a fireplace in the family room.....it gets to 35 degrees below here in the winter. That's when our skin dries out and we get wrinkled!!!
75 F is perfect weather to me. Not too hot and not too cold-

WOW!! 35 degrees below freezing? Now that I don't think I could live through. I would have to sleep in a parka-

1 - 20 of 33 Posts