Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess she's coming out with a new version, so the set with the DVD is only $45.00. I'm excited. I really didn't want to pay $70.00. I really have hope that this can help me look younger!

Sandy

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I love my exercises and massage Sandy! I hope you do too! Be sure to register for the online forum once you get your code # with your set. It's really a great service Deb offers to her clients and you can get one on one advice. If you are able to post your pics on the forum they can really zero in on what you need to do.

Cheers!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll definitely do that Fawnie, I'm come to the realization that creams can only do so much. I'll definitely register for the online forum. I know they'll be a great help and this forum has been a great help to me also. I've learned a lot.

Sandy

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just received the 2nd edition of Flex Effect but only received a DVD. Do you receive anything else with this or just the DVD. I did see Edition 3 but was kind of expensive so figured I would start with Edition 2.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Fawnie, you have second or third edition ?
The tird one is $119.95 , thats quite a lot. But if it works....

·
Registered
170 Posts
i have th 3rd,im still reading the manual.
where is the code located,do you know ? i cannot find one

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Fawnie, you have second or third edition ?
The tird one is $119.95 , thats quite a lot. But if it works....
I've been doing the 2nd edition for 3 years and love it, but just ordered a 3rd edition.

MsFracture, I don't know how the 3rd edition works but with my 2nd edition Deb included a letter with my code for the forums.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
170 Posts
thank yu..hmm...no letter. i better e-mail . i will probably be needing to hang out on every girls shoulder over there for awhile as well

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeh I would email FlexEffect. Maybe theresmary or maxhedroom can chime in since they have the 3rd edition too.
a box on there says our e-mail address is our password. so im waiting for verification

hopefully its not an enitrely new forum ... i want allll the experienced peoples like yu on board

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh OK! Well try signing in to the new 3rd edition forum with your email addy and then maybe you can create a password from there.

Thanks!! I'll be there soon!!! See you there!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Where can you get the earlier videos? I'd like to get the discount #2 one. Sandy where did you get yours? Those photos are great!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Can you feel the muscle soreness when you first start doing them? Do you start off doing them every day, or every other day?

Alexa

Following Fawnie through toward beauty through snails, lights, oils,

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh don't follow me Alexa - I might be lost too!!

Yes, most definitely I had sore muscles at first!! Like any exercise program, go slowly and steadily. Read the book thoroughly before starting out and follow Deb's instructions. I don't want to step on toes by giving contrary advice, so I will just refer you to whatever she recs!! Don't overdo it!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
832 Posts
Alexa, as Fawnie says, read the book. I know Deb recommends doing the basic resistance exercises 5 days a week, and then you build from there. Don't rush head first into the advanced stuff otherwise your going end up with disasterous results as your face won't be able to handle that just yet.

Msfracture you got to use the email address you placed the order with. Like an idiot I tried getting in using my home addy and not my work one, and of course I didn't get in as a result... but Claudia was pretty good at helping me out on that side of things. Sometimes the approval thing takes a while though, but they do say they get a lot of bogus applications (which I figure is probably true) from people who don't own the kit but want to get in and ask questions use the stuff there. But I got to say I love the 3rd edition. I've stopped Ageless and the others I was using previously. I'm trying to do it alongside the new Facercise, just as everyone was raving about that on EDS, but honestly I think I'm going to ditch it soon.

Seastar, I know it seems pricey, but when you look at what you get in my opinion its really good value for money. You get the book, with a whole range of exercises, plus the dvd demos everything, then you get the training log, the cd that does the count for you plus the forum in itself is worth the money (IMO).

1206birch - I think if you have just purchased the 2nd edition dvd then you can't get into the workshop, the 2nd workshop is designed for those that have the complete kit (dvd, book and cd) but don't think they are selling that any longer - just the dvd. So if you ordered the 2nd edition a while ago and got the book and whole cupbodle, then I think they grant you access to the 2nd workshop but not the 3rd if that makes sense. I heard they were going to get rid of the 2nd eventually so who knows. I know the trainers access and give guidance on the general forum though so its worth signing up to that (and its free there).

For me personally, whilst I did the 2nd edition for years, I've always been a visual learner, and the dvd just demo'd 15 of the 40 exercises so I was doing a lot of them wrong for a while. But the 3rd edition prevents that as you got Deb's daughter demoing it all. Plus you have Deb doing the advanced stuff. I think the 3rd edition would definitely be my recommendation to anyone new to facial exercises. Whilst I like and still do like Ageless, I think they go wrong in having the forum which isn't staffed very well by trainers and Lou isn't there nearly as often and so many times questions go unanswered and its particularly worrying when newbies come on board with problems and you get no support or experience of how to solve the problems. Never had that at all with FlexEffect. So whilst they are miles apart in cost, I think you really get your moneys worth with FlexEffect. The only other program up to this point that I used to like was Facial Magic, but it never delivered me those results that FlexEffect did!

·
Registered
352 Posts
thank you fawnie! after debating and debating i ordered mine. now the challenge will be to fit in one more routine

·
Registered
246 Posts
a box on there says our e-mail address is our password. so im waiting for verification

hopefully its not an enitrely new forum ... i want allll the experienced peoples like yu on board
You should be verified within a couple days but, yeah, it's an entirely new Forum and it's not too active as yet. My understanding is that there are some differences between the exercises in 2nd Ed and 3rd Ed. So, to avoid any confusion, they will not allow purchasers of 3rd Ed into the 2nd Ed Workshop etc.

·
Registered
832 Posts
There are a lot of differences and I think the reason being is the 2nd edition was pre-3rd edition stuff, so you didn't have the skin stuff, or bone. You used to have 40 exercises and no variations and they used to advise you to do 10 reps of each exercise not 3 or 5 (and thats a welcome change).

In the 3rd edition, they have streamlined/combined some of the exercises. For example the Crows Eye in the 3rd edition is a combination of Crows Eye (which is just like the first part of the 3rd edition exercise) but combined with what was Eye Squeeze (which is basically the 2nd part i.e. the left to right).

There never used to be any variations in the old one, so its a new concept for me and others. I think that the 2nd edition folk got quite confused over it, as the variations are similar to exercises that were in the 2nd edition but were done regularly instead of being swapped.

I think its great though as having owned the second, I can see how they have really progressed in their teachings though.
You should be verified within a couple days but, yeah, it's an entirely new Forum and it's not too active as yet. My understanding is that there are some differences between the exercises in 2nd Ed and 3rd Ed. So, to avoid any confusion, they will not allow purchasers of 3rd Ed into the 2nd Ed Workshop etc.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts