Skin Care Talk banner

I really need help with my "unibrow"

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jackthedummy 
#1 ·
Hello.

Well this is a weird story, and trust me, i know what an idiot i am, but i felt like this is the place where i can ask for some help, and maybe even find some.

Few months ago i noticed i have hair growing out between my eyebrows, and since i wasn't very informed about hair removal and all that, i decided to shave it. I have very strong and thick hair, i can grow a beard in 2 weeks, but i didn't think about that when i did it. Of course, two days later i noticed that those little dark dots are back, and it looked even worse. So i shaved it again, and again, and again for weeks. It bothered me, but i had no idea what to do, and slowly it started to get really red, and i had to shave every day, i got bruises, and cuts, and it looked awful.

After my first online search i bought some waxing cream, let it grow for a few days, but it didn't work, at all. Of course i had my issues using the cream, i doubt i did it good at all, and i slowly gave up on that.

Then i decided to take a week off, lock myself in and let it grow out, and it did. i plucked it out, and i thought with that it's going to be okay. But...no. Next day it came back, and even though it was better and looked better, it was still there. And i had to pluck it again. And every day. And maybe plucking is not as "harmful" as shaving, it's really hard to get those little black dots out, and i got the bruises and cuts back, even worse than it used to be with shaving. But i didn't want to shave it again, because it grew back less and less.

I bought some kind of bleaching cream, i'm not sure if it will work, at all, or if it will how will it look or feel like...i couldn't use it so far because it's still full with bruises and i don't think i should use it while my skin is like that. Right now i'm thinking about taking some day off, let it heal and then do it, but i really don't want to waste my vacation days on something as stupid as this. And i'm sitting here with the middle of my eyebrows looking like i cut it with a small knife several times and with those annoying black dots and stubble...and i hate it. And i feel helpless.

Yes, i'd love to get it professionally waxed, but the only place i can do it is close, and...i'm too shy and awkward to do it. So if i could get some advice on what to do with it on my own...i would be infinitely greatful

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you tried putting an antibiotic ointment on the area to help it heal?? Once it heals I would try using Amlactin to try and exfoliate the area in hopes you can remove the scars. Be sure you are either wearing sunscreen or keeping the area out of the sun if possible. The more this area is exposed to sunlight the greater risk for scarring. After the area is healed and back to normal I would use something like Tend Skin after you pluck if that is what you plan on doing from now on. I'm not so sure I would shave the area. You can wax it yourself though.......it is rather easy.

#3 ·
Dear gymrat! Thank you for your reply.

The healing isn't my main problem, and NO i do not want to pluck it daily. I just have no idea what else to do.
I wanted to wax it myself, but i read that waxing is not effective if the hair is too short. And that's my biggest problem. That some hair are too small to even pluck it, but dark enough to be visible.

I really have no idea what to do, and i'm starting to lose my mind over it.

Is there any kind of hair removal cream or something that works on thick, dark hair?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.