Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until I was 21, I never had any spots. Over the last 2 years, I have been getting an increasing amount, it's at its worst now, im covered. I never used to have to use foundation, I have all these pictures of me when i was younger with perfect skin, and now im all blotchy even with good cover up.

Why does this happen? Does anyone know? I never thought this would affect my confidence so much

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi and I sympathize with yu Abertha...we never realize our complexion has such an impact on our well-being until something happens, then it can be devastating!

Could it be hormonal?
Has your diet or water quality changed?
Using any different products?

Each person's skin is different, but here is some info that may lead you to some answers about yours:

Smart Skin Care: Acne

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
580 Posts
I am not a dermatologist but I think it's hormonal acne. Your situation closely resembles mine! I had perfect skin, like Gabrielle Union. Gradually, my skin started to break out and then it would leave post-acne marks. The break outs would usually be under the skin small bumps-no head. Not only that, but I have experienced skin darkening on my face and neck. I finally went to a derm and got diagnosed with hormonal acne. She said it happens to women who never had skin problems and then all of a sudden, their skin changes and their skin does not respond to OTC skin care products. My skin issue isn't severe but it goes in phases;from being clear to breaking out. And because I am darker complected; some people still think I have nice skin! They don't see the flaws I see, go figure. Anyways, if you see that you have tried various skin products and isn't responding well, it's time to go to a DERM. Also, when trying new products, give it at least 3 months....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think it's hormonal too. They said mine was hormonal but my mom nor my dad doesn't have a single spot on their face. Maybe it's because of your make-up. Try to stop using make-up and see the change.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Also, if your acne/breakouts are more concetrated on your lower half of your face;it is definetly hormonal.
IDK how your skin looks like but you can buy 5/10 percent Benzoyl Peroxide cleanser, a anti-bacteria serum/lotion in the AM with your SPF. At night, retina A or anti-bacterial serum. That is how most DERMS give out your regimen depending on the severity, take or give. Also, changing your lifestyle should help. Maybe you have a trigger food that makes you breakout. Since it's mostly likely an internal isssue, you have to do something internal as well.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi and I sympathize with yu Abertha...we never realize our complexion has such an impact on our well-being until something happens, then it can be devastating!

Could it be hormonal?
Has your diet or water quality changed?
Using any different products?

Each person's skin is different, but here is some info that may lead you to some answers about yours:

Smart Skin Care: Acne
Mine ended up to be hormonal you should check with a doctor

·
Registered
41 Posts
It happened to me too...my hubby is with the gov. and with that, went our "excercise" together...and I always thought that I had ridiculously gorgeous skin naturally....
I tried eating everything organic, eliminating meat, and working out 1 1/2-2 hours 5 days per week(sometimes six). I couldn't believe I broke out all the time, usually daily...People think acne comes from our lifestyles, but that isn't always the case.
Our nerves plays a huge role in why we break out...
It is just a phase. You will get through it. I switched make-up to aromaleigh.com(mineral make up w/o the bismouth)
Now my skin is healing better and better. I did one glycolic peel for 4 weeks, and almost gave up. I just did a TCA and I think I found my answer(15%) Don't give up, but don't beat yourself up for having it.Having acne actually is normal.
I smoked cigs. for 10 years, ate anything before(and I mean anything on a 105lb. frame!) and I had porceline skin. I modelled and everything.I felt icky that I once was paid for beauty and now people ask if I am fourteen(probably only because of the acne!)(I am in my mid twenties.) A VI peel also works wonders, but requires 2 weeks down time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts