Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand I can order this product from Canadian Pharmacies without the hassle and cost of a Dr's prescription. Is this legal? I know you can drive to Canada for prescriptions. This is not highly controlled.

It's my husband who objects sighting legalities.

Thank you for any insight.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I second Peri on alldaychemist.com. I just received my RA from there am have been completely pleased with the service. No problems at all. They are based in India.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I live in Canada and cannot get Retin-A without a prescription. I ordered mine from www.medsmex.com. - The prices are better from alldaychemist but at the time anyway they took fewer credit cards and so I went with the Mexican source.

If you do order RA without a Rx, make sure that you read the precautions and contraindications for use - since you are taking on a risk that is normally assumed by the prescribing physician.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Do any of the online pharmacies that sell Retin A take Paypal? I get a prescription from my doctor but I pay a lot more than the online pharmacies charge and need less to say it isn't covered by my drug plan!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't know about pay pal, but alldaychemist accepts checks and money orders if you don't want to use a credit card. The also reduce the shipping charge by $5 if you pay that way.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I ordered from ADC just two weeks ago.......no problems with CC and my order was shipped to my door in just under one week. I ordered the Taz cream and Retin gel......I was like you, I kept putting it off, afraid to order, but now I am glad that I did.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Just put my order in with ADC last night and hope it all goes well. I am truly excited about it. what a relief also to know I can get to my blood pressure meds if I ever lose my insurance! It will cost me a lot more than my $3.00 copay BUT at least I would have a source. I can't go without them it's genetic

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
In spite of my husband's disapproval, I ordered my allergy med from ADC and so far so good with it. I don't notice and difference between their brand and my USA expensive brand!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wanted rentin a so bad also, but my Dermatologist wanted me to use Avene. All of you talking about how your skin gets red or peeling. I wonder if this product I am using is really working,I don't have any of that going on with my skin. But since I am in the 1st. stages of Rosacea.
I guess I can't have rentin a.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
mireckca, do you think I will get some good results with Avene, .01. or am i just wasting my money?
Cindy - I was just commenting that it made sense that the doctor would not put you on Retin-A. Rosacea is a vascular disease and many think that it is exacerbated by tretinoin (Retin-A). Some folks that are in a state of remission do use the drug but are prone to flareups from time to time.

As far as the Avene .01 goes - Avene is a product line so I do not know what product you are using or what the .01 relates to.

I can tell you that I used Neostrata Wrinkle Defense Cream which is a retinol 0.15% product, the highest that I was able to find in my part of Canada. It did nothing for me at all in the nine months that I used it. From there I moved onto Retin-A, and results from it are slow in coming but no new damage is apparent, so it has been worthwhile for me to continue with the product.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm sorry mireckca, It's the green and white kit. It is called. Eau Thermale Avene Retrinal 0.1% Anti-Aging Creme. The other one I use is Retrina H.A.F. firming gell. The 0.1 is the strength of (0.1% Retinaldehyde):
I want to use the Vit - C serum try and make my own, but use the one with just 3 ingrd. the one you used. Do you think that will help.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by cmscindy

I'm sorry mireckca, It's the green and white kit. It is called. Eau Thermale Avene Retrinal 0.1% Anti-Aging Creme. The other one I use is Retrina H.A.F. firming gell. The 0.1 is the strength of (0.1% Retinaldehyde).

The 0.15% retinol product did nothing for my deep lines and creases. That is why I moved onto the Retin-A, but I do not have rosacea or any of the other contraindications for the drug (e.g., not pregnant, not breastfeeding; nor do I expect to be either).

Quote: Originally Posted by

I want to use the Vit - C serum try and make my own, but use the one with just 3 ingrd. the one you used. Do you think that will help.

Absolutely - I have all of my friends making it - from ages 32 - 75. It is cheap and easy to make; it is a wonderful exfoliant - it will make your skin smooth and glowing; and it has anti-aging benefits at the cellular level, which may not be immediately apparent but will be there over the long term. I even apply it to my entire body after bathing. It is the greatest thing for skin care treatment and prevention, in my opinion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
mireckca,

Will I need to use a moisturizer. Also I am so confused about the ph level in facial cleaner. Is higher better. I use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.

Can you give the recipe again.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts