Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kojic acid soap is arriving soon and I'll exfoliate for 4 to 6 weeks but after doing some research it seems like there's really nothing that actually takes people the whole way to lighten several shades or to become white. What's the point of frustrating yourself with all these vigorous routines and practices when the results are going to be barely noticeable? We're in here to get light skin so I'm going to go down this route. What are some of the risks?
A friend of mine told me that it was safe and absolutely worked.
He said "Monobenzone works for all, in people without vitiligo it triggers vitiligo, which then expands on its own,even when the use of Monobenzone cream is stopped. Monobenzone bleaching cream was the product of factory workers getting induced vitiligo due to chemicals in their gloves. One very interesting environmental factor was identified in a large proportion of factory workers who developed vitiligo back in 1939. These factory workers made leather, and wore rubber gloves to protect their hands from the chemicals used in the process. But it turned out that it was the gloves themselves that contained a chemical that induced their vitiligo. That chemical was Monobenzone also called monobenzyl ether of hydroquinone. It worked so well that we use it now to remove the remaining pigment from the skin of those with widespread vitiligo, in order to make it even. It is prescribed by dermatologists as Benoquin cream. It works by killing melanocytes, what produces melanin. Monobenzone is used today in autoimmune therapy for skin cancer patient, inducing chemical vitiligo you trigger your immune system which then destroys your melanocytes, including cancerous melanoma. Contrary to popular belief people with vitiligo have a much lower risk of skin cancer due to that "more triggerable" autoimmune response. We don't know if Michael Jackson self-inflicted vitiligo to himself with monobenzone or if he naturally had vitiligo."
Isn't he right? Isn't the goal to kill off the melanocytes? It seems liek all the other results are just better lighting or glowing skin - good for them, but its not producing the desired result which is whiter skin. What do you guys think? I'm just trying to achieve what most people on here want. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What's the point of frustrating yourself with all these vigorous routines and practices when the results are going to be barely noticeable?
It seems like many users of this forum have achieved substantial-to-dramatic lightening results with good routines & high commitment. Not everyone does though.

Isn't the goal to kill off the melanocytes?
Everyone has unique goals and for most people their goal entails decreasing how much melanin their melanocytes produce not destroying the melanocytes. From lurking old & new threads ir seems like most people were never aiming a pale white complexion like MJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts