Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kojic acid soap is arriving soon and I'll exfoliate for 4 to 6 weeks but after doing some research it seems like there's really nothing that actually takes people the whole way to lighten several shades or to become white. What's the point of frustrating yourself with all these vigorous routines and practices when the results are going to be barely noticeable? We're in here to get light skin so I'm going to go down this route. What are some of the risks?
A friend of mine told me that it was safe and absolutely worked.
He said "Monobenzone works for all, in people without vitiligo it triggers vitiligo, which then expands on its own,even when the use of Monobenzone cream is stopped. Monobenzone bleaching cream was the product of factory workers getting induced vitiligo due to chemicals in their gloves. One very interesting environmental factor was identified in a large proportion of factory workers who developed vitiligo back in 1939. These factory workers made leather, and wore rubber gloves to protect their hands from the chemicals used in the process. But it turned out that it was the gloves themselves that contained a chemical that induced their vitiligo. That chemical was Monobenzone also called monobenzyl ether of hydroquinone. It worked so well that we use it now to remove the remaining pigment from the skin of those with widespread vitiligo, in order to make it even. It is prescribed by dermatologists as Benoquin cream. It works by killing melanocytes, what produces melanin. Monobenzone is used today in autoimmune therapy for skin cancer patient, inducing chemical vitiligo you trigger your immune system which then destroys your melanocytes, including cancerous melanoma. Contrary to popular belief people with vitiligo have a much lower risk of skin cancer due to that "more triggerable" autoimmune response. We don't know if Michael Jackson self-inflicted vitiligo to himself with monobenzone or if he naturally had vitiligo."
Isn't he right? Isn't the goal to kill off the melanocytes? It seems liek all the other results are just better lighting or glowing skin - good for them, but its not producing the desired result which is whiter skin. What do you guys think? I'm just trying to achieve what most people on here want. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My kojic acid soap is arriving soon and I'll exfoliate for 4 to 6 weeks but after doing some research it seems like there's really nothing that actually takes people the whole way to lighten several shades or to become white. What's the point of frustrating yourself with all these vigorous routines and practices when the results are going to be barely noticeable? We're in here to get light skin so I'm going to go down this route. What are some of the risks?
A friend of mine told me that it was safe and absolutely worked.

It didn't work for me.I wound up with severe hyper pigmentation around my eyes and cheeks.It took months to clear up and I still have to stay on top of it.I also de pigmented
around my chin.It was very uneven and it damaged my skin tremendously.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 66906
It didn't work for me.I wound up with severe hyper pigmentation around my eyes and cheeks.It took months to clear up and I still have to stay on top of it.I also de pigmented
around my chin.It was very uneven and it damaged my skin tremendously.
Thanks for your input. I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. Its quite saddening and defeating to hear that even monobenzene would fail to work. If that's the case, does anything even lighten or is this just a scam?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, precious gel has lightened my skin and lactic acid lotion as well as tretenoin has sped up the process of exfoliating my body but it takes time. The best example of proper skin lightening is Mimi, a former poster her on skincare talk. Her results are natural but took nearly six months to achieve.She used the now discontinued G&G cream (a lactic acid based product), Fair and whites body lotion with aha.

·
Registered
412 Posts
With Mono you can’t stop it does darken initially then lighten Darker skin individuals will experience more darkening and uneven depig

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am new here I started my journey 2yrs ago with a very popular expensive cream and 3 months ago, I switched to another expensive injection that turned me almost white, I won’t drop the names because I won’t do free promo but I am looking for something to maintain. The injections will cost me $10k Atleast a year which is a lot but it worked like magic, anyone knows anything I can use that’s cheaper? Injections honestly are better and faster , i went 4 shades lighter with creams but injection got me a clean like mixed girl tone no dark areas after 4 weeks , I want to spend like than 2k a year to maintain View attachment 67248
These looks like the Nigerian type of things . I think I’d personally avoid , but I don’t what you can use I’ve been on my journey for about a year and half and realised supplements and creams are all temporary and won’t give me porcelain white skin . So I decided to take the long route of monobenzone instead .
If those injections work and give the skin tone you like sacrifice your money and spend the amount needed maybe not as much if it’s too much but maybe every two months etc ( up to you tbh)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts