Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder what would happen if I started switching up my skincare routine to retin a every other day and on the off days use a peptide cream? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think that would be great for you. You may see better results alternating Retin a and a peptide cream. Though Retin a is great, there are also many benefits you can gain from a good peptide cream which may give you faster results without any irritating side effects.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I wonder what would happen if I started switching up my skincare routine to retin a every other day and on the off days use a peptide cream? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Kiera, I use my RA everyother night and use greencream everyother night. I think switching things up from time to time is a great thing to do.

Which peptide cream were you thinking of using?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Believe it or not there is brand at Rite Aid called c.booth and they make this cream called peptide youth recovery night cream. I have used some of their other products in the past w/some good results so I missed it when I started the RA. they also have a kojic serum and a retinol serum I like a lot!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Believe it or not there is brand at Rite Aid called c.booth and they make this cream called peptide youth recovery night cream. I have used some of their other products in the past w/some good results so I missed it when I started the RA. they also have a kojic serum and a retinol serum I like a lot!
I say go for it! If there are other products that you like using, definately incorporate them into your RA use.

But then again, these are words from a total product junkie-

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Kiera,

You could consider teaming Retin A with glycolic acid. Some dermatologists regard them as more effective when used together.

Usually, you apply glycolic acid in the morning and the Retin A before bed.

You don't say how long you've been using Retin A. The greatesr benefit happens in the first 12 months. Afterwards, you need use it only once a week to keep up appearances,

Best wishes,

redrose

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
redrose, I never though about glycolic acid because I was afraid I would over-do the whole exfoliation process. I have been using RA since june....not that long, huh. I feel like my skin seems to adapt quickly to skincare products. I feel like my skin is still developing fine lines even though I am using RA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts