Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a good tip here, if u have a big red painful pimple, ice it. Icing it will reduce the redness and the inflammation, thus the healing process will take much less time.
Also, try to soak ur face in cold water every morning.

Icing helped me a big time
hope it works for u guys

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Yes, I have iced a pimple before. It did help, but not make it go away by anymeans.

But it did work to take the swelling down, so I guess that is all that matters.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I retain so much water in my face overnight that I rinse my face quickly in ice cold water every morning. Feels good. So days its scary! My nose is wider, my lids are swollen. Weird. I also wake up 2-3 pounds heavier and weigh the least at the end of the day even after having breakfast and lunch. Nuts, right?

·
Registered
698 Posts
helloo...this is going to sound like a really STUPID question...but how do I post a new thread on here? I'm fairly new(ish) (thats my excuse!) and I'm sure i've done it once before but it escapes me how....I have a question about laser treatment and I cant seem to post it

thank you in advance for anyone replying to my ignorance...

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You could, but there isn't really a benefit for it. The pimple is still going to be there and the ice can damage the skin, specially around sensitive areas like the nose and the eyes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Be careful about using ice on pimples, don't keep it on for a really long time thinking that it will flatten everything out in 20 minutes or so, but ice will help if you put it on for a few minutes. Like every other part of your body, if it swells, put some ice on it and it will help relieve some of the pain and keep the swelling down, but it is by no means a cure, so don't leave ice on there, it can become very uncomfortable and could lead to some irritation!

Remember: extreme temperatures + skin = potential disaster!

When you feel a pimple coming (that little sore spot where you know it's going to appear in a few hours or the next day?) put some ice wrapped in a towel on it for about 5 minutes and it should relieve the discomfort and keep the blemish from rising to Vesuvian-proportions! Best of luck all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts