Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked before but I’m sort of new here and the navigation it’s a bit hard
My question is how long does it take to see initial results using koji soap and lactic cream twice a day? What about full results
I’ve been doing it for 5 days and it burns a bit but I want to know when should I expect visible results to see if it’s working

· Registered
77 Posts
If your skin is burning maybe you should do the lactic cream once a day. You’re dealing with acids and it absolutely CAN burn you, and treating burns/Hyperpigmentation can be a long process. Maybe it’s time to incorporate some natural moisturizers. During the day bathe with the Kojic and apply moisture. At night Kojic and lactic acid. LISTEN TO YOUR SKIN, WATCH YOUR SKIN. As far as results I’m sure there will be brightening and even tone. Don’t forget to get a good sunblock also
if it is burning your skin, then you might end up with some hyperpigmentation. i suggest you use kojic soap in the morning followed up with a moisturising lotion. At night, use a regular shower gel then follow with your lacticacid lotion.
What are you trying to achieve? exfoliating or lightening? because these are known to be good exfoliators but would not lighten you. it can only brighten you.
sorry I didn’t mean burning I meant it stings a bit but nothing too severe or strong
but Thank you for the tips I’ll watch my body and listen to it closely

for now I’m just exfoliating for 3 months just to ge rid of my permatan which is very severe my current tone is maybe Naomi Campbell or so and my untanned skin (in my breasts) it’a lot lighter
I’m also taking gluta, vitamin c liposomal and nac lipoid acid and msm

after those 3 months I will start lightning with proper lighting creams

my ultimate goal is a light caramel tone so go from this

To this

Or even this ( a tiny bit lighter )

Don’t know if it’s very “realistic”

but anyways I really appreciate u guys for replying to me and giving me tips
This community is incredibly helpful and supportive virtual hugs

· Registered
77 Posts
Small update good results

so I’be been using koji soap and lactic cream for almost 2 weeks now and it works !!!!!!!
Im so happy didn’t except it to happen so quickly I think my skin got half shade lighter and I’m glowing

I know it’s a bit of duh moment since koji soap is something tons of users here recommend but in the back of my mind I had doubts it would work with me

basically my skin was mild peeling sort of flacking and the skin underneath is lighter I’m really excited now because the results are showing and a lot faster than I thought
Maybe is also because I have a deep perma tan my shade is Naomi but the shade of my breasts are very light brown anyway

my questions are
1 - should I use koji soap and lactic cream twice a day on the weekdays and use the weekends to take a break and let my skin rest and skin build?

2-Im in exfoliation stage but I like to bulk buy everything already so what’s the best lightning creams to give you that yellow light caramel tone on face and body?
Like this

I want to avoid lighters that give a pale look

· Registered
77 Posts
By the way Monday I decided to do a yellow peel on my hyperpigmented parts
I did it on my knees elbows armpits hands feet
I also did it on my thighs but it was so cold I only did it on my thighs once instead of the recommended 3 days
Again wasn’t expecting anything specially in my tights since I only did it once
But I’m peeling today and the skin underneath seems much lighter I’m so happy my dark thighs is something I was very insecure about
Maybe it’s too graphic but here is a pic

· Registered
77 Posts
I have a question about supplements

Ive been taking glutathion and vitamin c liposomal liquid version and also added nac

I want to add msm and I hear that u need to take together with vitamin c for better results
So do i need to add more vitamin c (on top of the one I already take with gluta) to take it along with msm

· Registered
77 Posts
Does anyone know how long kojie san soap takes to work? I usually leave it on for 5 minutes every two days. If anyone has any tips, that would be helpful <3
Ive started using kojie soap 2 months ago and loving the results i used to be lupita shade like in here

im about gabrielle union in here

I use koji leave it for 5 min and follow with a lactic acid cream called " am lactic moisturizing lotion" i do it daily twice on the weekdays
Than on the weekendI take a break and skin build meaning no acids or harsh products and just sea butter and oils to hydrate my skin
I introduced lactic acid peels I started with a low percentage but im still seeing its boosting my results
I use 25% and im on my sixth peel this week so after it im raising the percentage

So with this regime i think it took me about 2 weeeks to see visible results and 1 month to see big obvious results

So yeah if you want to boost ur regime add lactic acid cream to use after the kojie san soap
And maybe weekly lactic acid peels

And if ur skin can handle maybe use kojie more often
I use it twice daily from monday to friday or thusrday

Hope it helps:)

· Registered
77 Posts
quick question about lactic acid peel 40%

how many shades can you lighten on that in 6-8 weeks?

I'm currently using the 30% and I can already see some difference
but seems like the 40% potency is the sweet spot for a lot of users

· Registered
77 Posts
How long have you been using 30% LA?? If you have had no problems using 30%, you can easily use 40% on a weekly basis.
this friday it's going to be the third week

mm okay thank you im going to than up it to 40%

but how many shades can one lighten with L.a after 6 weeks?

i know these stuff work I' already seeing results with the 30% one

· Registered
77 Posts
hey guys quick question
is dodo white up soap any good for lightening?
I was never interested in using it, but I got it for free , this one
Eyelash Rectangle Material property Beauty Liquid

but I still got my reservations
I'm lightening super super slow the natural route at first I was just using kojic acid soap or asante soap and lactic cream, than after 6 months of exfoliation I added creams but very mild one that were mostly acidic with natural ingredients I was in this phase for around 4 months
now for 2 months I've been using carotis line from Mitchell Brand

this was me before
Forehead Face Hair Skin Lip

this is me now
Smile Skin Lip Eyebrow Eyelash

and this is my end goal
Hair Face Nose Head Skin

I want to look super natural and with a sort of yellow/biege cream tone
my worst nightmare is looking bleached out and off, hence why I'm going so slow

so having all that info is the dodo soap a goo soap or should I toss it away ?
my fear is it being a waste of time or leaving my skin looking gray and bleached

· Registered
77 Posts
I used this soap 3 years ago - As for lightening I don’t think I used it long enough but it peeled me quite good. However, I remember very clearly how drying it was… It‘s quite a moisture stripper and needs a ton of moisturising/hydrating with use IMO.
Your goals look really yummy!! 😋
thank you for the reply it helps tons
I think I'll leave the soap for later than :giggle:

· Registered
77 Posts
also I have another question
I'm lightening well and I don't look bleached but I think my undertones would look better and more natural if I started taking supplements
I'm planning of taking msm go my way up to 4kmg (powder form), vitamin c 2kmg , phycnogenol 150mg , alpha lipoic Acid 650mg, omega 3 and Collagen (powder form also)

how long do you guys think it will take to see results? I'm not even talking about lightening but results as in my skin getting that yummy more natural undertone and sort of glow

· Registered
77 Posts
last question you guys please help this is really important for me

which products would you recommend me to get to this shade and undertone ?
Face Hair Skin Head Lip

I was thinking about trying precious line, I tried their serum and loved it
so I was thinking on adding the gel and body

anyone?

· Registered
77 Posts
also I have another question
I'm lightening well and I don't look bleached but I think my undertones would look better and more natural if I started taking supplements
I'm planning of taking msm go my way up to 4kmg (powder form), vitamin c 2kmg , phycnogenol 150mg , alpha lipoic Acid 650mg, omega 3 and Collagen (powder form also)

how long do you guys think it will take to see results? I'm not even talking about lightening but results as in my skin getting that yummy more natural undertone and sort of glow
last question you guys please help this is really important for me

which products would you recommend me to get to this shade and undertone ?
View attachment 67703
I was thinking about trying precious line, I tried their serum and loved it
so I was thinking on adding the gel and body

anyone?
bump anyone can jump in and help with my 2 questions

· Registered
77 Posts
hey guys has anyone tried this line from Mitchell Brands
it's called organic extract of Papaya

or even this one
Organic Extract of Tamarind

I love mitchell brand natural products so far I tried the carrotis and precious line and loved it both gave me a beautiful yellow undertone and lighten me quiet well specially precious
I really don't like trying new products without hearing some reviews from other users
I think these lines might be newish which is why there isn't much info on it
so as anyone tried it and had good results?

· Registered
77 Posts
@Username2022 I'm not using Mitchells Organic line, I was just replying to @brownies19 that it is new for Mitchell. Won't catch me using anything steroid related
I'm familiar with the mitchell brand and love it , just not these new ones in particular
siince I didn't get any reviews I decided to try to omic line
and so far its amazing I can't believe it isn't more popular it even feels stronger than the precious like also from mitchell

thanks for the reply tho

1 - 18 of 18 Posts