Skin Care Talk banner

39681 - 39700 of 39730 Posts

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
This is the new format/platform, please don't get frustrated, it takes time to adjust, but its 110% better then what we had prior to this. Please send me a PM @mccartney I will walk you through whatever issues you are having.
The above goes out to anyone who is having issues, I am here to help you, please just reach out to me and I will walk you through whatever issue your having.

No one likes change, but when it comes to technology, sometimes its much needed, and we were in need of an upgrade. This platform reminds me of the platform we had a few years ago, it was my favorite, but this one, will soon be my new favorite as well.

Hang in there guys you will all get used to it I promise! 🙏

·
Registered
84 Posts
@gymrat hey how often do you think one can do a 40-60% lactic acid peel on the body? I usually do it every 7-10 days, but I'm thinking every 5 days with occasional tretinoin use. Thoughts?

Edit: my skin is not sensitive at all.

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
@gymrat hey how often do you think one can do a 40-60% lactic acid peel on the body? I usually do it every 7-10 days, but I'm thinking every 5 days with occasional tretinoin use. Thoughts?

Edit: my skin is not sensitive at all.
@PhoenixCharm2018 every 7 days you should be fine doing an LA peel. How long have you been doing them at this strength and are you noticing a difference? Have you ever considered the fade peel? If not check it out at MUAC.

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
Hi @gymrat I hope you are okay x

I’m from the UK and I was wondering if you have any idea how I can order from MUAC and get the items shipped out to me.
They do ship internationally @itsmodella however I think with the current Covid stuff they had to stop for a short time. I would try emailing them, and asking, they are really good about responding. They have great customer service.

·
Registered
49 Posts
They do ship internationally @itsmodella however I think with the current Covid stuff they had to stop for a short time. I would try emailing them, and asking, they are really good about responding. They have great customer service.
Thank you! Yeah I’ve sent an email but I just wanted to ask to see if there were any other suggestions.

Take care x

·
Registered
511 Posts
No,,,,......its brand new, its upgraded, and has so many benefits, you just need to spend a little time getting used to it, but I promise once you do, you will grow to love it!!
Please stick with me @brown991 and @mccartney
OK dear.. Before I come online everyday but since this am just coming in cause it looks abit scattered to me. I'll have to make out time and study it. Thanks for putting effort dear in making this site work. I appreciate you. Kudos...

·
Registered
40 Posts
is lactic acid lotion effective for skin lightening the face? anyone suggest a good brand which isn't too expensive?

·
Registered
84 Posts
@PhoenixCharm2018 every 7 days you should be fine doing an LA peel. How long have you been doing them at this strength and are you noticing a difference? Have you ever considered the fade peel? If not check it out at MUAC.
I've started again and done 6 or 7 peels now, started at 20%. Yes, I've noticed a difference in my hyperpigmentation. Lactic Acid cream doesn't work as well for me for some reason, I wish I continued to wish peels last year instead of using the LA diy lotions (that only make a subtle difference).

I checked out the fade peel, the ingredients look good, but it contains sodium hydroxide which neutralizes the lactic acid a bit, so the final concentration is unlikely to be 30%. I think I will stick to my standard lactic acid (it only contains distilled water). If it gives results then I suppose it doesn't matter much.

Lactic acid peel worked better than laser for me :p it's the best acid for brown/black skin.

·
Registered
84 Posts
is lactic acid lotion effective for skin lightening the face? anyone suggest a good brand which isn't too expensive?
Amlactin lotion 12% is good but I think it's better to formulate your own. Even better to do chemical peels (look at my previous comment). As usual, don't forget SAP.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Amlactin lotion 12% is good but I think it's better to formulate your own. Even better to do chemical peels (look at my previous comment). As usual, don't forget SAP.
Im from the uk is it available on amazon? How long does it take to work and will it lighten the skin?

Ive been using kojie acid and vit c the ordinary daily but its so slow in showing results. Is there anything else that will help with lightening? I feel like i should just get picosure laser

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi guys, I've searched but i can't find how to use retin a and a skin lightener properly. Am i supposed to layer it or how? And I'm going to be occluding as well. and what retin a strength is good for arms and back?
PS I'm trying to get rid of a farmers tan I've had for years that's so embarrassing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Im from the uk is it available on amazon? How long does it take to work and will it lighten the skin?

Ive been using kojie acid and vit c the ordinary daily but its so slow in showing results. Is there anything else that will help with lightening? I feel like i should just get picosure laser
You won't see any good results unless you spend time exfoliating with lactic acid or similar for at least 3 months. Then you can use lighteners. Otherwise you may lighten with some of the more hardcore lighteners but you will look patchy and unnatural.

In the mean time, I would recommend weekly lactic acid peels and sun protection. Luckily we have good sun screens in the UK. Yes, you still have to use sunscreen on cloudy days. You can also incorporate retin-a for faster cell renewal 3 x week. But please do a lot of research.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi guys, I've searched but i can't find how to use retin a and a skin lightener properly. Am i supposed to layer it or how? And I'm going to be occluding as well. and what retin a strength is good for arms and back?
PS I'm trying to get rid of a farmers tan I've had for years that's so embarrassing.
Retin-a is a prescription medication, please do not mix it with lighteners as this may oversensitize your skin and damage your moisture barrier.

You can use retin-a at night mixed with a very basic lotion (or even alone) and lightening products in the AM with SPF.
I would probably use retin-a on some nights and lightening products on other nights since retin-a compliments the routine so well.

0.5% strength is ideal for body and 0.25% on face if your starting out. You will need a good occlusive moisturizer too.

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
I've started again and done 6 or 7 peels now, started at 20%. Yes, I've noticed a difference in my hyperpigmentation. Lactic Acid cream doesn't work as well for me for some reason, I wish I continued to wish peels last year instead of using the LA diy lotions (that only make a subtle difference).

I checked out the fade peel, the ingredients look good, but it contains sodium hydroxide which neutralizes the lactic acid a bit, so the final concentration is unlikely to be 30%. I think I will stick to my standard lactic acid (it only contains distilled water). If it gives results then I suppose it doesn't matter much.

Lactic acid peel worked better than laser for me :p it's the best acid for brown/black skin.
You can do peels and still use LA lotion, nothing wrong with that. As for the fade peel, its amazing, I can't say enough good things about it. Works better and is stronger then LA peels, but if that is working for you, then stick with it!

·
Registered
84 Posts
You can do peels and still use LA lotion, nothing wrong with that. As for the fade peel, its amazing, I can't say enough good things about it. Works better and is stronger then LA peels, but if that is working for you, then stick with it!
Oh yeah you're right, not sure why I didn't think of that. Maybe I will use both... I'd love to try the fade peel but not sure what the shipping would be like to the UK, might hold off for a while and see how I get on with a few more lactic acid peels. I plan to go up to 60-70% very soon.

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
Use RA in your PM routine, apply after you cleanse. Use your lightening products during the day. If RA gets too be too harsh for you then alternate nights, use every couple nights instead of every. And if your trying to remove permatan, then be sure you invest in a good physical sunscreen and use it daily!!

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
Oh yeah you're right, not sure why I didn't think of that. Maybe I will use both... I'd love to try the fade peel but not sure what the shipping would be like to the UK, might hold off for a while and see how I get on with a few more lactic acid peels. I plan to go up to 60-70% very soon.
I'm not even sure if MUAC is shipping to the UK again, she had to stop for awhile (covid). Soon enough it will all be back to normal. But also know you can find MUAC things on Amazon as well. Shipping might be better that way, not really sure, but worth checking out.

39681 - 39700 of 39730 Posts