Skin Care Talk banner

39721 - 39740 of 39916 Posts

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
@gymrat Hey what do you think about weekly 80% lactic acid peels (body only) if you've worked up to 60-70%? My stubborn hyperpigmentation is taking its time.
I think its foolish, just like I explained to this member.........https://www.skincaretalk.com/threads/how-to-speed-up-feet-peeling.87111/#post-1681175

Acids are not made to work like that. In order to achieve proper results it takes time, patience and knowledge to do enough research to do use them correctly.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think its foolish, just like I explained to this member.........https://www.skincaretalk.com/threads/how-to-speed-up-feet-peeling.87111/#post-1681175

Acids are not made to work like that. In order to achieve proper results it takes time, patience and knowledge to do enough research to do use them correctly.
What pecentages do you like for the body hyperpigmentation? I've already started my LA peels again for almost 3 months now, so I thought 80% on the body would be ok

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can someone please recommend a good natural lightening face cream? I have acne prone skin, my face is so oily that I get scared and ask myself what is going on

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
What pecentages do you like for the body hyperpigmentation? I've already started my LA peels again for almost 3 months now, so I thought 80% on the body would be ok
If your not seeing noticeable results and your using a decent % I would look at the LA your using. If your LA isn't from a reliable company then I wouldn't trust using it. I've use 40% LA and had noticeable results after a series of 5 peels. I've never had a need to go higher then that.

You can jump to 55% or 65% but I would never go past that. Going that high would be for experienced peelers only!! Its not necessary with good quality lactic acid.

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
@gymrat yeah I saw it but I just want to know how you got that number. I basically want to know the formula, so if I want to make a smaller quantity in the future I know what to do :)
It just doing the math, using % from both. Take the % you have, the % you want and the amount of base being used.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If your not seeing noticeable results and your using a decent % I would look at the LA your using. If your LA isn't from a reliable company then I wouldn't trust using it. I've use 40% LA and had noticeable results after a series of 5 peels. I've never had a need to go higher then that.

You can jump to 55% or 65% but I would never go past that. Going that high would be for experienced peelers only!! Its not necessary with good quality lactic acid.
I'm getting results but I've been doing LA peels on and off for two years and I don't use any other lightening creams at the moment on the areas I'm talking about. I used 70% yesterday and the results were very noticeable so I will continue with that for now. Of course, I would personally use more than 60% on my face.

What do you think about buying a 90% lactic acid solution from a reputable company and diluting it to 60-70%?

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
I'm getting results but I've been doing LA peels on and off for two years and I don't use any other lightening creams at the moment on the areas I'm talking about. I used 70% yesterday and the results were very noticeable so I will continue with that for now. Of course, I would personally use more than 60% on my face.

What do you think about buying a 90% lactic acid solution from a reputable company and diluting it to 60-70%?
Purchasing from a reputable company I am all for, as for upping the % is totally a personal preference. I personally wouldn't use anything higher then 40%. If you want too, that is totally up to you, you know your skin better then anyone else.

I have used various peels, so if I can't achieve results from a safe concentration of LA, I would move onto something else. But again, that is just me. Over the years, I have researched and learned all I can about various acids. So if your not getting where you want with lactic acid, from a reputable company, where you know its legit, then maybe in the fall/winter start researching other peels, etc.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Purchasing from a reputable company I am all for, as for upping the % is totally a personal preference. I personally wouldn't use anything higher then 40%. If you want too, that is totally up to you, you know your skin better then anyone else.

I have used various peels, so if I can't achieve results from a safe concentration of LA, I would move onto something else. But again, that is just me. Over the years, I have researched and learned all I can about various acids. So if your not getting where you want with lactic acid, from a reputable company, where you know its legit, then maybe in the fall/winter start researching other peels, etc.
To be honest, the hyperpigmentation I'm talking about is years old from eczema. I will try a few more peel sessions with lactic acid and go from there. What is your opinion on mandelic acid? I heard the molecules are bigger than GA but you can leave it on for longer (some leave it on for hours?!) I haven't looked into it too deeply yet though.

I appreciate your help with this.

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
To be honest, the hyperpigmentation I'm talking about is years old from eczema. I will try a few more peel sessions with lactic acid and go from there. What is your opinion on mandelic acid? I heard the molecules are bigger than GA but you can leave it on for longer (some leave it on for hours?!) I haven't looked into it too deeply yet though.

I appreciate your help with this.
Mandelic Acid is awesome, especially for acne prone. Again, it is mild, like Lactic Acid. So if your not getting any results like you say from using LA, then moving to MA isn't going to do you much good.

MA molecules are bigger then LA and GA, but what does that mean?? It means it takes longer for it to penetrate the skin and makes it less irritating. Doesn't have anything to do with how long you can leave it on for, nor does it work "better" than LA and GA, it works completely different.

As for how long I would leave it on..........I leave mine on for no more then 5 mins. Anything longer is pointless. It doesn't need to be neutralized, rinse with soap and water.

If your thinking about using MA, use both LA and MA. They are mild enough you can use one of them weekly, so alternate with them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mandelic Acid is awesome, especially for acne prone. Again, it is mild, like Lactic Acid. So if your not getting any results like you say from using LA, then moving to MA isn't going to do you much good.

MA molecules are bigger then LA and GA, but what does that mean?? It means it takes longer for it to penetrate the skin and makes it less irritating. Doesn't have anything to do with how long you can leave it on for, nor does it work "better" than LA and GA, it works completely different.

As for how long I would leave it on..........I leave mine on for no more then 5 mins. Anything longer is pointless. It doesn't need to be neutralized, rinse with soap and water.

If your thinking about using MA, use both LA and MA. They are mild enough you can use one of them weekly, so alternate with them.
Thanks for your response. Do you think the MUAC fade peel would be a better option? The problem with MUAC is it's US-based and I'm in the UK.

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
Thanks for your response. Do you think the MUAC fade peel would be a better option? The problem with MUAC is it's US-based and I'm in the UK.
I LOVE the fade peel. I use it often, more often then any other peel. Its a mix of acids, works really well. Awwh forgot you were in the UK......love that place, was there in November/December last year.....will go back when they let me :)

Look on Amazon, some of MUAC products they sell on Amazon. Another one to look for is Skin Obession, they make peels as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I LOVE the fade peel. I use it often, more often then any other peel. Its a mix of acids, works really well. Awwh forgot you were in the UK......love that place, was there in November/December last year.....will go back when they let me :)

Look on Amazon, some of MUAC products they sell on Amazon. Another one to look for is Skin Obession, they make peels as well.
I think you guys from the US can come now but you'll need to quarantine somewhere for 14 days 😜

I do like the sound of the fade peel but it's so hard to get access to, especially right now. I am getting results with the lactic acid peel (it's just not fast enough) but I'll continue with it for now. For my skin (which is on the light side of Fitzpatrick 4 so slightly lower risk of PIH) and that I've been doing peels on and off for a long time, it can handle % higher than 40. But I prefer to stick to 40-50% for the face. The hyperpigmentation on my body is a bigger concern, not even two types of lasers, or when I used to use high % HQ helped. The only thing that has helped is LA, even if it didn't remove the hyperpigmentation completely, I guess I have unrealistic standards or something.

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
@chiny of course the seller is going to say it works amazing.......they are trying to make $$......sellers aren't going to discourage you from purchasing from them ;) what are the ingredients in this soap? Lets start there......

·
Registered
531 Posts
@gymrat I've noticed that each time I use lactic acid higher concentration on my stretch marks it gets red and peels but rather than fading it the mark becomes obvious. Why is that?

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
@gymrat I've noticed that each time I use lactic acid higher concentration on my stretch marks it gets red and peels but rather than fading it the mark becomes obvious. Why is that?
Because its freshly peeled skin, in time, once healed it should look better. Its no different then when you do a peel on your face, it takes time for it to heal. Your forcing your skin to do something it wouldn't naturally do. Also, doing more than one peel will also help. So space them out and do 3-4 if you can. With each, your skin will improve.

39721 - 39740 of 39916 Posts